West Coast/Hawaii CA, NV, WA, NM, UT, CO,AZ

Spent morning with police, made friends

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 03:32 PM

Spent morning with police, made friends

I am driving to school this morning and the car stumbles on the freeway. I exit and park under the overpass. I am giving it the once over and don't see anything wrong at first. After about 5 minutes a Lancer Evo 8 drives up and asks me if there is anything he can do. I say no thanks and he drives off after telling me my car is bad ***.

Anyway, back to checking plugs, connections, etc... and two cop cars park behind me. I'm thinking "Oh, crap! Here comes the smog referee." So I close the hood and play it cool. They ask me if I know why they are there and I assume it's to help my stranded ***. But evidently my car fits the description of a car involved in an armed robbery and some sexual assaults. The only description they have of the suspect is Hispanic and a tatoo on his arm. I'm hispanic and yep, tatoo on my arm.

So they run my info and meanwhile they ask if they can search my car. I say sure hoping they won't pop the hood. He does and comes back to me asking if I know what is wrong with the car because it looks like there is quite a bit of work under there. I tell him it's just dress up stuff and quickly change the subject.

Well they radio another police department and everything gets cleared up and they let me go. All in all both officers were pretty cool. They didn't even pat me down until they asked if they could search the car and they were both suprisingly chill considering for all they knew I was the guy they were looking for. When they learned I used to be a Marine aircraft mech they tell me there is an opening for a Helo mech with the sherriffs and tell me to check it out. They made sure I had AAA and apologized for taking up my time. And in the end what was wrong with the car? Intercooler piping popped off! Doh!

Last edited by rudee023; 05-06-2004 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:42 PM
Contributing Member

When I was reading your post, I had a big feeling it was ganna be the IC piping lol! Good thing you didnt get a ticket or anything, sounds like it was a fun night lol.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:31 AM
Contributing Member

...so how much did you get? JUST KIDDING.

Actually, there were a few occassions where I had a "nice" (relatively speaking) encounter with ole' Smokey...

...one time I was driving my friend's Integra after a late night AM/PM run, and there we were eating flaming hot cheetos and some sodas, and on the way home there was a train. Knowing the area I cut around to an industrial area where I knew a way around the train tracks, and that industrial area happened to be where some people tried to start up illegal drags awhile back (didn't work because the Sheriff's station is 2 blocks away).

SO we're going down the road and sure enough, a cop comes out from behind one of the buildings and pulls me over. "license and reg" etc. and he's like "I'm stopping you because you have a dead taillight" which was true - the bulb went out. Then he takes a sniff, asks me if I was smoking marijuana, and then notices... flaming hot cheetos. He goes "oh **** nevermind - I love that stuff too. It does smell like bud!"

so by then the 4 of us in the car are eased up a little, he runs a standard check on all our ID's, (we're all clean) comes back and says "what kind of suspension do you have on this?" and my friend (the owner) tells the cop he had AGX's and coilovers on. The cop goes, "are they Ebay coilovers?" and my friend replies "yes" and the cop goes "bad move man. The AGX's are nice, but your car shouldn't be bouncing around like that if you had good coilovers. My car is flat as a board over the same road." So I ask the cop what he has, and he tells us he's got a 550hp Saleen Mustang!

So he's like "have a nice evening" and before he leaves he comes back and says "oh and change your muffler - it's illegal!" as he waves us to drive away.

it turned out to be an entertaining run to AMPM LOL
Old 05-13-2004, 10:58 PM

wow! Isn't it nice when you run into a cool cop? It's happened to me a couple times, and it almost makes up for the others!
Old 05-14-2004, 04:46 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by focalguy
wow! Isn't it nice when you run into a cool cop? It's happened to me a couple times, and it almost makes up for the others!
emphasis on the word "almost"
Old 05-15-2004, 10:53 PM

nice ambers rudee
Old 05-19-2004, 01:44 AM

shoudve asked them if they wanted to run. haha