West Coast/Hawaii CA, NV, WA, NM, UT, CO,AZ

SoCal SR20DET drivers...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 02:03 AM

Originally posted by MAD240SX
O so that IS300 is your friends man he is doing lots of work to that but it is nice and does that car ever leave beacause it looks like that car never leaves every time I go over its there I am not saying thats bad or nothing just woundering
haha I always make fun of him cause its always in the shop. But its finally out...for a few days! Naoto had to fix the supercharger and retune the HKS Fcon Vpro...and various other things. Anyway he took it out to go get the interior put back in and to have the front bumper cut for more airflow to the intercooler. and its going back in the shop after Nisei to get Re-tuned again...needless to say his supercharger unit sucks...he should have gone turbo.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:06 AM

Originally posted by QR25DE
RB motoring...
eh i dunno
Old 08-13-2004, 10:39 AM
Contributing Member

Well I'm actually looking for opinions from people who actually have nad a swap done to THEIR CAR, not just "I know this guy" or "I know that guy"... so anyone else have any input? I know there's more SR20DET's rolling around...
Old 08-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Contributing Member

Come out to the meet and you will meet a couple Raine. If they come lol
Old 08-16-2004, 07:03 PM

Originally posted by Suhster85
haha I always make fun of him cause its always in the shop. But its finally out...for a few days! Naoto had to fix the supercharger and retune the HKS Fcon Vpro...and various other things. Anyway he took it out to go get the interior put back in and to have the front bumper cut for more airflow to the intercooler. and its going back in the shop after Nisei to get Re-tuned again...needless to say his supercharger unit sucks...he should have gone turbo.
Yeah I have finally notice that it is gone and when Naoto told me that he wanted to do supercharger I was like "WHAT" no turbo would be the best way for that car so the supercharger suck I was right so is he going turbo or going to finish everything else before he does the turbo
Old 08-16-2004, 07:15 PM

Originally posted by l2aine
Well I'm actually looking for opinions from people who actually have nad a swap done to THEIR CAR, not just "I know this guy" or "I know that guy"... so anyone else have any input? I know there's more SR20DET's rolling around...
Raine
Naoto from Blast did a S15 SR20 to my 97 along time ago when I had that car before the accident I miss that car thats how I know him he is the best around price mite be high but the work is the best I have seen and dont just have the SR20 drop in have the engine strip and remachine I will give you the low low on SR20's
Nissan did a crappy job on the machine work on SR and RB's Naoto did all the machine work to my engine and when I pick up the car when it was all done the engine ran like it was Brand New that and 600HP everything was new
Old 08-16-2004, 07:32 PM

Yeah I have finally notice that it is gone and when Naoto told me that he wanted to do supercharger I was like "WHAT" no turbo would be the best way for that car so the supercharger suck I was right so is he going turbo or going to finish everything else before he does the turbo
Yea well Naoto told him to go turbo but he is just gonna finish this car and then get a new car in a few months.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:43 AM
Contributing Member

Raine
Naoto from Blast did a S15 SR20 to my 97 along time ago when I had that car before the accident I miss that car thats how I know him he is the best around price mite be high but the work is the best I have seen and dont just have the SR20 drop in have the engine strip and remachine I will give you the low low on SR20's
Nissan did a crappy job on the machine work on SR and RB's Naoto did all the machine work to my engine and when I pick up the car when it was all done the engine ran like it was Brand New that and 600HP everything was new
so it's more like blueprinting the SR then?
Old 08-17-2004, 01:28 AM

wt nu =P
Old 08-17-2004, 05:44 AM

Raine
What is your name? I would like to talk to Naoto about your car and ask him what exactly he could do for my car. Naoto is kind of crazy when he recommends things for you to get though. anyway Im not shooting for 600 hp but how much did you swap cost if you dont mind me asking? You can PM me if you would like to keep it all anonymous.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by incertain
wt nu =P
dork lol
Old 08-17-2004, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by l2aine
so it's more like blueprinting the SR then?
Yep blueprinting the hole engine Raine
Old 09-13-2004, 09:17 AM

what does blueprinting mean? (sorry if i sound so newb)
Old 09-13-2004, 12:14 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by santana
what does blueprinting mean? (sorry if i sound so newb)
well, when engines are produced, the VERY LAST first engine manufactured will not have the exact same measurements/tolerances as the VERY FIRST engine manufacturered. This is due to natural wear over time on the machinery used to produce the block, pistons, etc.

When you blueprint an engine, you basically tear it apart, and compare measurements of each part to the factory specifics, then refinish as necessary so that the specifications of your engine exactly match that of the factory's actual blueprint" of the engine.

I think that's a close enough explanation for you to get the idea
Old 09-13-2004, 01:58 PM

and its hell expensive. raine, for front clips, dont trust any of the fob-ish ads in the fob magazines. like ppl said, for the front clips, Phase2 is really good. OR, you could do it yourself....haha, id be there to help! it would take some time though...

Quick Reply: SoCal SR20DET drivers...