West Coast/Hawaii CA, NV, WA, NM, UT, CO,AZ

Anyone from Southern California?Orange County area

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 03:22 PM

how can you say that?! everyone white/mexican down here.. and its all lowrides n off-roaders :x well.. maybe closure to LA theres more imports but not from what ive seen... ESPECIALLY compared to san jo/fremont/oakland/milpitas/union city/everything else lefti n the east/south bay :x ... better imports down here HA! lol.. or maybe that just because i havent gotten over the whole move in general yet. :x i dunno.. all know is theres this gay jetta up the street with a kit thats been unpainted the whole time i've been here and all the imports ive seen were a bunch of Aerogear/BUddyclub rice rockets with beautiful paintjobs/rims and generic intakes and mufflers :x PATHETIC!
Old 08-19-2003, 03:23 PM

you can never hate on a 240 tho and i met some cool 240 owners with some pimped out drifters and sr20s ;D -- only good thing about the valley are the canyon roads ;]
Old 08-19-2003, 03:28 PM

tsk tsk rycegrl you need to get out of "SIMI VALLEY" more often, do you realize this area is pre dominatley caucasian? c'mon, what do you expect....of course! hehe i'm not saying SFV is any better but i know of a few people that have nice Japanese cars...I myself take pride in my car and have spent lots of cash into it.

if you would like to see what Southern California truly is you need to chill with me and the crew more often as we hit a lot of track events such as Auto X'ing, Drag Racing and Road Racing Events....here's a prime example of a nice 89 Hatch and she knows a lot of 240 people...maybe you two can chill or something but she' knows her stuff about 240's...you can check out her site at:

www.nadine180.com

there's a whole world to southern california other than Ventura County.....San Gabrielle Valley, Pasadena, Los Angeles, Rosemead and Alhambra are prime examples of Import Enthusiasts that will absolutley without a doubt blow away the bay area scene....i have lived in boh areas and from experience i truly believe Southern California is where it's at.

More Cars
More Tracks
Better People
Nice Cars
and a totally active Scene.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:33 PM

i must 100% disagree with there being more cars down here ;x and when i do go out im never IN simi valley, always LA in the bay everywhere you look you here mports and see them.. i have seen more rice disasters down here then anywhere.. especially with riced out Mustangs.. whats up with THOSe people? ;x i have noticed that lowrides/SUVs rollin on spinners do dominate down here tho.. afterall isnt the SFV where lowriders were born?! i dunno, i cant reallt talk until i've gone to a so-cal show.. and i have heard those were bad ***.. im just talking about on the streets tho.. not shows :/
Old 08-19-2003, 03:43 PM

it's a different story on the streets but in a way i sort of like seeing those types of cars out there, it's all about uniqueness and if you like low riders with wheels popping out your fenders hey more power to you but in all honesty it's all about originality and everybody has there own style.

it's 2 different worlds but i much prefer so. kali than nor. kali because there's more stuff to do down here, i was miserable up there! if i didn't have friends i think i would die of bordness, atleast down here there's theme parks, tracks, shows and of course Monthly Auto X Events and Drift Events.

of course you and i have different styles as well....i assume your more of a ALL SHOW type of person and i'm the complete opposite, so it's preference, i just believe that southern california is where it's at in terms of performance and track events. nor cali is all show no go peeps.

again this is just my personal opinion.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:49 PM

lol well actually i felt the opposite.. maybe thats cuz all my homies in the bay were big time competitors (yes, in the show scene) but in the racing seen as well (street racing) and yeah.. im not into the whole track thing altho i do love drifting.. i much more of a street person and sleepers ;x of course i like shows to but i only like show AND go.. or just go.. as long as you have 500 (or more)bucks under you hood its all good ;x

and yeah, i give props to the lowriders out here too
Old 08-19-2003, 03:55 PM

I keep it on the Track....Street Racing will get you in serious Trouble here in southern california especially with the new laws in effect....

also....since your a big drift fan i know a lot of people that are more than welcome to show you how to do it especially since your a female....go to her web site and contact her, maybe get some tips and tricks and get into the whole Performance Track Scene.

www.nadine180.com

Allen
Old 08-19-2003, 04:00 PM

lol dont trip.. ive built up a pretty nice set of connections down here ;] but unfortunately none of them will help me out till March (suspended license)
Old 08-19-2003, 04:05 PM

koo koo connections are good especially for parts.

suspended license? ouch.....did you get it down here or up there? that will not look good and how old are you?
Old 08-19-2003, 04:55 PM

heh im 18.. and i got it up there :x
Old 08-19-2003, 04:56 PM

talk about hook up.....i need hook up on parts and labor wise -_-

seriously...
i dont have enough friends of 240 around me. All my friends are like integra people, vw people. Well i have a 240 friend but he lives far; met him at riverside some years ago, and yes i went to UCR for a year, that's how i met him but he's from up north. We both are technically broke lol.....

and i need a new job...hook me up, thrust ya? my market research job's boring! yes market research! haha I work at Encino area.... Kinda sad to hear that not too many people are familiar w/ 240...There's one black 240 i saw cruises by my house a few times already and i dont think he goes on here or 240sxforums.....

My teg friend (which i know since HS) he always be asking me about 240 meets and sometimes make fun of 240 -_- how he used to be scare of 240 will smoke tegs (non-vtec) , but now he's like yea i can take on a 240 lool which i dont think is tru for all cases.

Now my main goals are get my timing chain fixed (needs maad hook up on parts and labor) >_< , new CD player w/ speakers >_< other stuff i'll worry later on...i love import/fixed up cars but not really a big even person (smack me upside my head if u might...) but that's me. I'd rather go have fun w/ friends than go to drift event/import shows.etc..

Hopefully i'll make more friends after this sunday
Old 08-19-2003, 04:58 PM

bro...don't tell me you work at:

ADEPT CONSUMER TESTING

if you work there i will laugh at you
Old 08-19-2003, 05:01 PM

i only have hook ups with Engines and Performance Parts...I can get you a hook up on a SR20 Black/Red Top S13/14 for cheap and i know a place that can install it, if of course you wanna go that route...since you wanna keep your KA i suggest any Mechanic can help you with your Problems....it's not hard to find parts since Kragen and Autozone are fairly priced...give them a call and ask them how much it will cost...better than the Nissan Dealership that's for sure.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:18 PM

how much can you get the black top for?
Old 08-19-2003, 05:22 PM

hmmm....it depends on how much mileage, year and condition of the clip...i can probably get it to you for 2500 but i'll see....installed for 1200.

Total = $3500 give and take.

Quick Reply: Anyone from Southern California?Orange County area