Turbo Motor Discussions about aftermarket turbo'd 240sx and Silvias.

Turboing the KA24E

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 05:15 AM

Turboing the KA24E

hey guys i dont really know anything about turbos so i figured id ask you guys. My friend just got a 240 and someone told him he could put a turbo from a eagle/eclipse/laser 90-94 on relativly easy. we dont know what he will need other than the turbo (which he has). We need to know what he will need to get and about how much it will cost. I have searched this but i really wanna figure out if what all i have is right or not and what im missing. If any of the parts could come from cars in a junkyard could you say what car? thanks
Old 03-08-2004, 09:52 AM

well you could use a intercooler off of another turbo charged vehicle from the junkyard, but you would still need a turbo manifold (look on ebay), hot/cold pipe (might could take it to a muffler show or a machine shop and have them work on that), downpipe, oil lines, upgrade the ecu, and im not positive on anything else but those are a few basic ones that i could think of at the moment im sure someone else will have a little more to add/modify.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:45 AM

fuel injectors about 370cc would do
i wanted to build a turbo kit for the ka24de also
wastegate/bov/turbo/manifold/intercooler(depends on how much boost, but i woudn;t run a turbo with out a intercooler)

and i heard something about a fuel rail, not 100% sure but maybe someone here can answer that question
Old 03-22-2004, 11:12 AM

"if you are going to do something, do it right the first time. Things like this you MUST have patience. Why put a temporary turbo system on your car to just change it later? Save your money, buy quality parts and do it right the first time. If you can't afford to do it this way, or feel you don't have the time, you don't need to be modding your car. Trust me, you'll thank me in the end, and your car will thank you."

not much else for me to say. The dsm turbo will not be a good turbo to put on your car. The 1g manual turbo (14b) isn't good for anything lower than a very high 12 sec car (at least in a dsm).

The manifold would have to be custom to fit that turbo.

Man, save your money and do it right.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:42 PM
Contributing Member

Romeyo07
you make it sound like doing it right means more $$. Doing it right depends on what your goal. Mine was 8psi for autocross, which is why a t25 from a sr is perfect for me, and the whole setup would have cost 1500, with a volvo IC. but your are right overall, don't get bad parts.

Dr.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:33 AM

doing it right (to me) means you purchase quality products, not knock off names or parts you are not too sure aboot its integrity. It means to take your time, research your car, your goals, and how to reach them. It means you're not gonna use a dsm manifold and weld on a flange from a nissan just because your buddy in his accord did it. Don't get me wrong, if you plan it right a Junkyard build will be just as good as any other, it's just a little bit more difficult to get quality used parts (well at least in my experience).