Southeast FL, GA, SC, AL, LA, MS, TN

Thinking of opening a speed shop Myrtle Beach SC

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 06:56 AM

Thinking of opening a speed shop Myrtle Beach SC

I am thinking about moving down to Myrtle Beach and opening a speed shop. What shops are there now and what kind of compition am I looking at. I have been down there about 5 times for a week at a time and loved it but I never saw a speed shop anywhere. Let me know whats up. Also about the surrounding areas.

Justin DeMatteo
Import Car Parts Plus
Old 01-14-2004, 02:01 PM

The only shop in Myrtle Beach that I know of is Epik Tuning. The owner is an S13/SR guy. They are on Simmons st. off of Hwy17. They are more of a go fast shop, not much show stuff. That's the only shop I know of. Good luck w/ your shop if you decide to go for it. I might be living down there this summer. Peace.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:23 PM
JON

I'd say it could possibly be a good area to open a shop? I'm not dropping dimes on people but there a quite a few in this area who seem to think they know more than they actually know? If you get my drift. There are a few shops that sell parts, but the only one that I know that will do performance work, is Epik Motorsports.
I'd just give you a bit of advice, if you are thinking of opening a shop in this area, talk to some other performance shops that just sell the parts, you might be able to work a deal if you have a mechanic that knows what the hell they are doing, and is licensed and that the customer can actually see the cars that are running, not a whole bunch lined up in and out of the shop that have mechanical problems from that mechanic's work...
Good luck...

J.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:35 PM

Hey I'm not in myrtle beach but i'm about an hour and a half from there in wilmington nc and there's a ton of potential here. We have two shops that sell parts, but none of their staff really know what they're talking about or doing for that matter.
There are tons of kids here who are fixing up their cars (a lot of rice mostly) but no body here is doing any kind of tuning for those who are serious. We could really use a good tuner shop here, and wilmington's actually a lot nicer than myrtle beach. Next time you head down to sc you should come check us out.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:55 AM
JON

COOL...

SO, do you work at that car shop Import car parts plus, or is that a place where you just get your parts?
Wilmington might be nice, but for some reason Myrtle Beach has that tourist attraction. And, with the amount of people I've seen in the summer time with cars hooked up here, mainly rice, your right about that. But, there are a lot of kids with mom and dad's checkbooks that have no clue how to actually tune. Another thing, would be to have a front wheel drive/all wheel drive dyno. There is not one at all in Myrtle Beach. My friends go to Jacksonville, or up by Greensboro, NC.
If your in Myrtle, look me up...
j.