Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

zenki projectors.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Contributing Member

zenki projectors.

i know there is a thread about this, but it just talks about what you can possibly do. lets just assume im getting clear lenses, and want to retrofit some projectors in. spence, what would you suggest for some bi-xenons/

EDIT: i want a real crisp cutoff, and what kind of wiring harness/balasts/relay would i need..

Last edited by cronux; 03-25-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Contributing Member

go do some reading on hidplanet then come back with your questions. hehe. there is alot of room in those lamps, i am doing a retrofit in some zenki lamps but i havent decided on what projectors yet. alot of your choice will be personal preference. there is so much good info on that site it's not funny. there is a good write up on 240sxforums about a zenki hid retro, no clear lenses but its a good start.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Contributing Member

i have been reading on there, but it just seems like its a pretty advanced forum, as you have to know at least a decent amount to get what people are saying.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Contributing Member

just read through the stickies and look at pics, you will catch up fairly quickly.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:45 PM

i actually fit some benz sl500 hid lights into my 95
all i did was take 4 9003 bulbs break the retaining ring off and press all four rings flat, then drop one ring into the headlight, next the HID bulb im using
D2R bulbs, next another ring followed by your retaining clip, and there your done besides wiring
not projectors but still HID lights if you want pics ill be happy to take some but i think everyone can figure this out and im sure some have already done it
Old 03-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Contributing Member

HID bulbs are bad without projectors. because of the source of light is a long tube with an arc instead of either a halogen bulb or a filament. it reflects differently off of the reflector in the back, and the fluted lense will screw up your cutoff, or lack of one. sorry, its just dangerous. retrofitting bixenon projectors with clear lenses will actually have a cutoff, a crisp one, and you will have high beams as well. (imo)
Old 03-27-2007, 04:47 AM

seems to work fine for me
just as long as there in the lowbeam slot, in that slot there is a metal piece that doesnt let the light scatter, and i still have high beams also
remember some of the early HID lights were not projectors
you do have a good point though i tend to light up the entire street sometimes
Old 03-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Contributing Member

yea, well, it wont be a perfect cutoff, nor as crisp as projectors would be. and early hid lights weretn projectors, but they had reflectors and lenses that were designed for them. ill post a link to more info if i can find it.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Contributing Member

both of you guys should read this thread
http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...&highlight=hid
Old 03-27-2007, 09:16 AM

no if you knew what your talking about you would know they also are bad with projectors. hid lighting has to have a hid designed projector not just a projector. and putting them in a normal lens is fine. because theres no cutoff with a normal lens. its a matter of how an hid housing is designed to reflect light bouncing it around the inside of the housing. ive read every sight out there about proper ways and everything. and not every single person cares about cutoff. there are millions of kits on ebay and those are not designed for the car they say. its just the right bulb to fit. it doesnt make it safe or work properly. do you think anyone buying them gives two sh*ts about any of that. its people like you f*cking constantly crying about cutoff and the law and being dangerous making cops and everyone work to ban hid lighting. ohhh it hurts my eyes..people get it because its reliable and provides lighting thats better and makes your driving at night SAFE. if you want to put then in something then do it. too many people care about what others think or say is wrong. who f*cking cares. ive sold many hid kits and put them in projectors, housings, and every other thing you can imagine. ive had 8 sets of mercedes hid housings. not every housing is much different like you think. so until you personally have 8 sets of headlight housings in front of you hid along with non hid housings from mercedes and you are able to take them apart and compare. as to just reading what one other moron posted on the internet. you might not want to give advice of sh*t you just read and let people who know talk.because im the one who put those into 95SilviaS14's car as well as mine. f*ck im running h3 halogen projectors in a s13 and it will blind you more than his hids in a halogen housing. and i have 2 cut offs inside my projector. end rant

Last edited by tintdude69; 03-27-2007 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by tintdude69
no if you knew what your talking about you would know they also are bad with projectors. hid lighting has to have a hid designed projector not just a projector. and putting them in a normal lens is fine. because theres no cutoff with a normal lens. its a matter of how an hid housing is designed to reflect light bouncing it around the inside of the housing. ive read every sight out there about proper ways and everything. and not every single person cares about cutoff. there are millions of kits on ebay and those are not designed for the car they say. its just the right bulb to fit. it doesnt make it safe or work properly. do you think anyone buying them gives two sh*ts about any of that. its people like you f*cking constantly crying about cutoff and the law and being dangerous making cops and everyone work to ban hid lighting. ohhh it hurts my eyes..people get it because its reliable and provides lighting thats better and makes your driving at night SAFE. if you want to put then in something then do it. too many people care about what others think or say is wrong. who f*cking cares. ive sold many hid kits and put them in projectors, housings, and every other thing you can imagine. ive had 8 sets of mercedes hid housings. not every housing is much different like you think. so until you personally have 8 sets of headlight housings in front of you hid along with non hid housings from mercedes and you are able to take them apart and compare. as to just reading what one other moron posted on the internet. you might not want to give advice of sh*t you just read and let people who know talk.because im the one who put those into 95SilviaS14's car as well as mine. f*ck im running h3 halogen projectors in a s13 and it will blind you more than his hids in a halogen housing. and i have 2 cut offs inside my projector. end rant
that made absolutely no sense. let's let this pic do the talking!
Name:  thetruth.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  46.1 KB
please read that entire thread i posted above if you havent already. also check out my clear lense molding project that will allow zenki retrofitting to have better results and a more clear beam pattern

Last edited by silviaks2nr; 03-27-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Contributing Member

god, thats the exact picture and thread i was looking for hah. a proper cutoff is safe. its not the guys like me thats making the law difficult, its people who jury rig something that has no cutoff at all, blinding other drivers (*ahem... guys like you) who make the law against HID lighting.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by cronux
god, thats the exact picture and thread i was looking for hah. a proper cutoff is safe. its not the guys like me thats making the law difficult, its people who jury rig something that has no cutoff at all, blinding other drivers (*ahem... guys like you) who make the law against HID lighting.
it's not just about how sharp the cutoff line is, it's about where the beam is most intense, how wide it is, and a balance of the foreground and distance lighting.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Contributing Member

well yea, but if you have no cutoff whatsoever, and your beam is in every direction, its dangerous.