Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

S15 Conversion Warning, RACEON USA

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 03:18 PM

S15 Conversion Warning, RACEON USA

I ordered the complete kit from Raceon USA which came out over 2200 with headlight and the core, and well I am not happy. Just fair warning they advertise that their products quality are superb, but the fender are very rough, and they don’t fit. The door side curves are for an s14 even though they sell it for the s13. At the top of the fender near the door it fits fine, but in the center it gets wider then it goes back to normal at the bottom. Every part of the kit that was fiberglass was chipped coming out of the boxes. They also fail to tell you that when changing the radiator core that you will have to do a lot of modification to make the new one fit, meaning a lot of trimming and spacers. It’s just a nightmare. I am bring it to a local shop that specializes in fixing wreck Lambos and high end cars that are normally rolled over end to end and I'm going to let them take a crack at it. But I wish I would have just got all OEM stuff from Japan, probably would have cost less too. So if you are going to be buy a s15 kit, don’t get it from them

Kevin
Old 11-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Banned

WoW that sucks - somebody should sticky this
Old 11-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Contributing Member

thanks for the lookout
Old 11-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Banned

i realized that raceon was a knockoff brand , but that ****tty,? makes me wonder about everbody that ordered that kit.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:49 AM

No offesne but this is known knowledge kinda, shoulda done some research, importfan, raceon, same ****, horrible fitament. One of my friends got an s15 converison, i think import fan, they had to chop the fender mounting points, and reglass it completely!
Old 11-19-2006, 12:58 PM

the point of this post was to warn people because of how raceon sells you on how good their stuff is. I would exspect junk from the cheaper companies, but all of their stuff is junk. If you want S15 go OEM.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Contributing Member

yeah I thought they were ****. I will steer clear from them, thanks PA Hardcore
Old 11-19-2006, 02:56 PM

Should have done research before spending $2200 on something like that.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by OutToWinPAHC
If you want S15 go OEM.
OEM is only good for most of the conversion, you will still need fenders (Masa, Chargespeed, Origin)
Old 11-22-2006, 07:54 PM

Sorry to hear that bro. Makes me think twice about ordering from them. I was going to do S15 Front for my S13 also.. But im keeping Chuki. Makes me Sexy ^__^ lol
Old 11-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Banned

CHUKI FTW!! - i cant understand why so many people want to throw away their chuki front end - i like mines.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:25 PM

Ok seriously.... i"m not TRYING to be an ***, but I have to ask...

$2200 you dropped?!

You didn't think to do just a little research before spending that much???? damn man. you must have a much better income than I do, I research the crap out of anything I'm seriously considering buying.

Race-On = GTP

Slight shift of ownership/management, but it's still same sub-par knock-off parts sold by less than trustworthy individuals. Admittedly, my experiences with both companies were about a year and a half ago, but that was more than enough for me. Race-On has it's place. For the ricers that have no interest in quality of workmanship, it's a great option. Sure it'll shatter the first time you curb it, but hey, at that price I think you need to consider them throw-away type parts, easier to upgrade than repair. However you want to look at it.

The point i'm so slowly getting to, is that the rules have NOT changed in the aftermarket car world, ESPECIALLY the import car world.

BUYER BEWARE.

Only YOU are responsible for what you buy.
Knowing what I know now, I will NEVER buy another fiberglass part until I can see and feel it myself. Chalk this one up to experience and move on man. Suck it up and get some Masa, or at least IC like I did.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:41 AM

Well I will throw this question down..

Yoshi, I saw your walk-thru on the whole conversion and it rocks, much help and will be when the time/money comes I too can get the front kit and get it to my family member (bodyshop owner)

So the question is .. Where can I order S15 OEM Parts? Also, would Origin fenders be ok? The rest of my kit will be Origin so why not go with S15 Origin fenders.

Thanks
Old 12-08-2006, 01:04 PM

If you have Origin aero, the only OEM part I would go with besides lights, is the hood. Which you should be able to get it from a bunch of places (jspec, phase2, raretrick, to name a few).
Old 12-10-2006, 02:59 AM

Originally posted by s13 240
If you have Origin aero, the only OEM part I would go with besides lights, is the hood. Which you should be able to get it from a bunch of places (jspec, phase2, raretrick, to name a few).
I have to say I'd REALLY rather have an OEM bumper than an OEM hood (if I had to choose). The VIS hood I have is amazing quality... I was really impressed (and expecting the worst). Track or street, your bumper is going to see some abuse... but then maybe you don't like the styling of the OEM bumper, which would pretty much change everything

I totally agree, Jspec and Phase2 are the places I'd recommend. Also Password:JDM.

ProjectSupaFast: I personally have no experience with Origin fenders, so I couldn't say as to their quality one way or the other, sorry.
Also I update the website 2nite, check it out
www.360realms.com/S13-S15

Last edited by Yoshi_Sil40; 12-10-2006 at 03:02 AM.

Quick Reply: S15 Conversion Warning, RACEON USA