Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

New Style Coming up

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 07:57 PM

New Style Coming up

Sup every one,

98 Kouki 240SX...

Im ordering if i can find with luck a gpsports front bumper type r, side skirts and rear, plus wide front fenders... i want a vented cf hood but i dont like any of the vents available in the in the states... the LAP racing hood is YUmmy.... but $1400 is too much.. any way i like the RACEON FRP MAS hood scoops but i dont know if i should buy an FRP OEM hood, have the vents molded on, or is it possible to mold them onto an OEM CF Hood..(prolly dumb question) as you guys can tell im not a body expert

or who makes a hood with those vents on already?
Attached Thumbnails New Style Coming up-vents_3.jpg  
Old 08-17-2005, 09:11 PM
Contributing Member

I dont like them no offense, if you want an aftermarket hood just get a CF OEM one, otherwise keep the stocker 2 cents.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Contributing Member

get a fiberglass hood, add the vents and then lay carbon over top... that is the only way that it could end up halfway decent. also raceon has alot of hoods with vents. your droppin dough on a good kit than maybe you should drop some on your hood my .2
Old 08-18-2005, 03:10 PM

masa motorsports makes the hood with those vents... but i can only imagine how much it will cost to get it here. Btw my car's porchse artic silver paint got razor bladed plus the tires over the summer... its been like 2 months of lawyers and bs about who did what to my car and today i found out theres more kids involved... ****ing punks... so this is why im doing body now... (i had it planned for the end)
Old 08-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Fast1One
I dont like them no offense, if you want an aftermarket hood just get a CF OEM one, otherwise keep the stocker 2 cents.
OEM looks good...but if you want the cooling benefits that the vented hoods give you...you ahve to lift the back of the hood up with nuts or washers...and that looks kinda wierd...and the vented ones can be lighter....if your spending money on a new hood might as well get vented...
Old 08-18-2005, 11:22 PM

Originally posted by Traxx2K_1
masa motorsports makes the hood with those vents... but i can only imagine how much it will cost to get it here. Btw my car's porchse artic silver paint got razor bladed plus the tires over the summer... its been like 2 months of lawyers and bs about who did what to my car and today i found out theres more kids involved... ****ing punks... so this is why im doing body now... (i had it planned for the end)

damn man that must hella suck getting your car razor bladed
Old 08-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Ayuaddict
OEM looks good...but if you want the cooling benefits that the vented hoods give you...you ahve to lift the back of the hood up with nuts or washers...and that looks kinda wierd...and the vented ones can be lighter....if your spending money on a new hood might as well get vented...
lifting your hood in the rear does NOT cool down your car. well it does but only at a STAND STILL. you want cooling at both driving AND standing still.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:01 AM

I think vented hoods are retarded. And I think the one posted above is the pinnacle of that retardedness.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:34 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by ArcherV20
I think vented hoods are retarded. And I think the one posted above is the pinnacle of that retardedness.
LOL...owned! I dont like vented hoods from personal preference, the cooling benifits from a vented hood arent THAT great anyway, ill just stick with an OEM hood and spend my money on something else....
Old 08-22-2005, 04:32 AM
Contributing Member

so i guess the purpose of venting heat out of your engine bay is retarded then right?

i can see if you said "vented hoods LOOKS retarded" then yea but the fact that you said vented hoods ARE retarded is juss a plain retarded statement in itself.

Originally posted by Fast1One
LOL...owned!....the cooling benifits from a vented hood arent THAT great anyway
you juss owned urself with that statement. obvioiusly u dont needa vented hood because ur car is NA. try telling somebody with high hp turbo engines that vented hoods are retarded and dont have THAT great of benefits. have you no idea how hot it can be under there?

be prepared to be pointed n laughed at. but in a sense the people whom DO know about the benefits are already pointing and laughing at u.

Last edited by silviadriver; 08-22-2005 at 04:35 AM.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:55 AM

fast1one always qoutes people who are flammers and says "OWNED" like a queer, thats were he gets all his posts.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:56 AM

Originally posted by keioffice
fast1one always qoutes people who are flammers and says "OWNED" like a queer, thats were he gets all his posts.
OWNED, hell yea nice post keioffice you owned that bi+ch!
Old 08-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by keioffice
OWNED, hell yea nice *** keioffice you wanna make butt love now?
PWNED! Get a room you two!
Old 08-22-2005, 03:47 PM

Originally posted by silviadriver
so i guess the purpose of venting heat out of your engine bay is retarded then right?

i can see if you said "vented hoods LOOKS retarded" then yea but the fact that you said vented hoods ARE retarded is juss a plain retarded statement in itself.

you juss owned urself with that statement. obvioiusly u dont needa vented hood because ur car is NA. try telling somebody with high hp turbo engines that vented hoods are retarded and dont have THAT great of benefits. have you no idea how hot it can be under there?

be prepared to be pointed n laughed at. but in a sense the people whom DO know about the benefits are already pointing and laughing at u.
If you're going to be THAT **** about the way I word things, then the least you can do is spell things correctly and quit using that 14 year old AOL slang. Which is "prolly teh gayest **** i saw u kno wut i mean?"

Vented Hoods Look Like ****.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Contributing Member

If you're going to be THAT **** about the way I word things, then the least you can do is spell things correctly and quit using that 14 year old AOL slang. Which is "prolly teh gayest **** i saw u kno wut i mean?"

Vented Hoods Look Like ****.
no its not being ****. and i didnt know this was an english class in which i need to spell correctly. to spite u, i shall continue to speak the way i do.

Quick Reply: New Style Coming up