Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

My new car

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 02:56 PM

My new car

So, I finally got a 240. It's completely stock, and it'll probably stay that way, for a while. It's got 150k on the odometer, but feels strong. I'm already feeling a bit of buyer's remorse though...it wasn't exactly what I wanted. I never was crazy about the color, and I'm still not, but hopefully it'll grow on me. I guess I bought the car mostly because I needed a car right away, and I wanted something fun to learn to drive a stick in. So, once I feel confident driving the car (and/or it becomes old hat), I'll probably sell it and buy a newer one. I don't know why I'm feeling like this...I've wanted one of these cars for years, and now that I finally have one, I feel weird for buying it. Haha. Oh well, I'm sure that'll go away. Here's a picture:

Name:  PA160333.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  79.6 KB

So...since it's got a lot of miles on it...rebuild or swap motor? (Yes I know I just said I wouldn't be doing anything to it. I can't help but wonder, though.)

Last edited by Alteus; 10-16-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:55 PM

Hate to double post, but I'm not sure if the last one went through. My internet is weird and this forum doesn't work very well.

I'm wondering, can anyone tell me what front fascia this is? By that I mean lights, hood, and bumper.

Name:  s14_zen.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  78.6 KB
Old 10-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Contributing Member

nice s14 , when i first was looking at 240's i wanted a kouki so bad (97-98) and then i bought one and the i started to want a zenki (95-96) and now i want to keep my kouki its kinda weird........ plus that color will grow on you i kinda like it right now it goes well with differcolered wheels and such nice find
Old 10-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Contributing Member

looks good. id get rid of the s13 wheels tho. dont look right on an s14 to me.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:43 PM

I kinda like the S13 rims on there. Much better than the base S14 rims. But I'll eventually change them anyway. And I don't know what was wrong with me earlier, I love driving the car. It's starting to grow on me.

To those in the know, how long do these chassis typically last? I mean, I wouldn't want to spend all the money on a five lug swip, differential, etc. if the car's not going to last. Then again, if this car does die, I'll be looking for another...
Old 10-17-2006, 03:09 AM

Nice, the pic in the second is post is Kazama aero, JDM headlights...
Old 10-17-2006, 12:27 PM

actually ther edm headlights, euro spec glass ones
Old 10-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by sdrift
actually ther edm headlights, euro spec glass ones
nope those are the jdm lights. you can tell they have a little oxidation on the lense, and the glass headlamps have a different fluting pattern. that kit looks like a kazama
Old 10-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Contributing Member

actually on second thought it kinda looks like a final konnexion kit
Old 10-17-2006, 12:59 PM
Contributing Member

i thought they were euro, ahh im such a noob.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:59 PM

Cool, thanks. I really just want the lights. Or any lights that'd look better than what I've got on there, for that matter. The ones I have now are all fogged out and ugly. The guy who sold me the car has these sets of clear lenses, but they're just the plastic lens covers, not the headlamp assembly itself. He claims they're JDM parts that came on the JDM headlamp assemblies...but I know better. They're completely clear, and plastic, so that can't be right. I figure they're for a projector retrofit, because wouldn't using them with the stock headlamp assembly screw up the light dispersal pattern? And speaking of which, does anybody sell projector retrofits?

Also, can't find this kazama kit for sale anywhere. I'm guessing they're for the japanese market only? Eh, it's not like I'm going to be doing such huge modifications to this car (yet :P), but I'll need a new front bumper in the future, so I'm shopping around.

Oh yeah, will kouki tails fit in place of the zenki tails without modification? Sorry for all the newb questions...but can you blame me? I've got a new car and I'm curious.

Edit: I think those headlamp covers he has are final konnexion covers...they look just like this (pulled from their website):

I can't remember if they had the little ridges on them or not though...they seemed to be just plain clear plastic.

Last edited by Alteus; 10-17-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:15 PM

Also, what bumper is this? Stock siliva k's bumper maybe?

I wish I could read japanese...
Old 10-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Contributing Member

that bumper is the navan aero bumper. Those fk lenses are jdm, just not oem. i would reccomend selling them for a few hundred dollars if you decide not to put them on your lamps. if you do want to put them on it's really easy and i can guide you through it. i could do a retrofit for you too if you supplied all the hid parts

Last edited by silviaks2nr; 10-17-2006 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:47 PM

Well, unfortunately, they didn't come with the car. He was asking $200 for them. And he's pretty stingy, so I doubt I could talk him down. I might buy them, but I don't know. I'm about to have to pay for a water pump ($110 for a genuine Nissan part). How hard is it to do a hid retrofit? I've seen the kits on ebay...they're mostly generic...so I doubt they'd give you any instructions for doing it to your specific car.

Love your car, by the way. I would have bought one just like that if I could have found one.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Contributing Member

retrofitting difficulty really depends on what specific brand/model parts you are working with (ballasts,shrouds,projectors). i dont see how an s14 zenki retrofit could be anything out of the ordinary though. it has been done before many times

Quick Reply: My new car