Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

my nearly complete 240 with SR20det swap!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by franspurs22
ouch... some one got owned <~~~~~~i think i shoyuld read before i post..lol
Its cool, it happens.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:02 PM

OK everything is back to normal I think.

sorry that it took longer than expected. Had internet problems early!

I know that the larger images, are gigantic!

I'M WORKING ON RESIZING THEM, PLEASE BE PATIENT!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:49 PM

Files have been resized to a more dialup friendly file sizes, they range from 100kb to 500kb!!! Most of the dimensions are 640x480 and 1024x768

Hope the thumbnail size images are fine, I don't want to have to resize them again, it takes WAY too long!
Old 09-28-2007, 12:50 AM

ok, Its time for some new pictures since I did the respray from gray to black, interior and exterior, etc...

Full Side Exterior Shots, I forgot to take pictures of the right side, I'll get them later!

Interior Shots:

Center Console Radio Bazel Accessories:

Door Interior Panels: (Looks better with the panels on than off!!! )

Hatch Privacy Cover, and interior:

Another Engine Bay Shot:

Wheel Lips:

Front: ..................Rear:

Exterior Close-Ups:

Driver Side:

Passenger Side:

Rear Bumper and Tail Lights:

Roof: .................. Hood:

Front Bumper and S13 Triple Project Lights: (Yeah the FMIC is still crooked, but hey atleast theres not a gigantic pool of coolant underneath the car on this shot!!!)

Front with Lights on:

Fog Light Only: ......Low Beam Only: ....Fogs and Lows: .....High Beam Only: ....Fogs and Highs:

I was bored last night, so I took them, and updated the body and stuff. I've been getting bored lately!!! Not much to do in my town after.... well never!

But anyways, theres the new updated body and stuff!
Old 09-30-2007, 12:17 PM

im just wondering why your username is RB26DETT_240sx but you have a sr20det? not trying to bash cuz your ride is gonna be cool...just wondering if you use to own a rb26dett.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:23 PM

I was saving up for a rb26, but needed a motor, so i went with the sr20. I really do need to get the name changed.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:05 PM

Got the brembo rotors and Hawk HPS Brake Pads, and the Stainless Steel Brake Lines on.

Sorry I only got one image, my batteries died on me, so I'll try to get the others up as soon as possible.

These images don't show the stainless steel line, we put them on after the rotors and the pads were put on.

i also got the 4 point roll bar/cage in to, but no picture of that yet, I still have to cut the carpet so it will go around the cage bars.

I still need to get this car dyno'ed. I don't ever have the time.

I got the Nismo FPR on about a month ago, but everyone know how they look like, so no pictures.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:13 PM

What are you doing!! You should know better to post without a bunch of pics, we are pic ****** you know..

do it, post more pics
Old 01-11-2008, 12:10 AM

yes what bryan said....WE DEMAND PICS.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bryan
What are you doing!! You should know better to post without a bunch of pics, we are pic ****** you know..

do it, post more pics
sorry guys, like I said my camera batteries died on me.

If I have a chance today, I'll take the pictures. The wheels will be on though, my wheels weigh almost a ton each, and I'm not the strongest person out there.

I'll get them, I promise
Old 01-12-2008, 03:17 AM

Here are those pictures I promised.

Brembo Rotors and Wheels:

At the Car Wash:

Car Shoot:

Engine Bay:

This is me:

This is my friend, who helps me work on the 240:

Interior Shots of the Roll Cage:

Full Side Shots:

Is that enough images, you pic ******? LOL JK

so yeah I got fired from my job Friday, had a really fun day, no seriously, I was happier than I have been in 2 years! Its all right!!!

so back on track here, I will try to upload some videos of the car running and other videos about it. I have to convert them to wmv still, and they are anywhere between 30.2mb to 300mb each.

Thats it for now, I guess.

Last edited by RB26DETT_240sx; 01-12-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:41 PM

Few questions. Why is the intercooler look like its about to fall off? And whats the yellow wire running all over your motor. I assumes its a ground but..... why Yellow?
Clean that engine bay up also to make lines going everywhere.
Also are you going to have A/C?

Other than that looks like a great start.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by 240SS
Few questions. Why is the intercooler look like its about to fall off? And whats the yellow wire running all over your motor. I assumes its a ground but..... why Yellow?
Clean that engine bay up also to make lines going everywhere.
Also are you going to have A/C?

Other than that looks like a great start.
how about reading from the on the first page...

heres a direct link to why the IC is crooked
https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=10

yellow is ground, it came with the motor, it doesn't bother me on the color, if it was pink I still would use it.

have you tried moving a 16+ year old wire harness your way? its not easy to do without cracking something. Again it doesn't bother me, I'll be ordering a new engine harness, and I'm going to build my own custom wiring harness for the car.

No A/C or heat, thats what windows are for, and for the winter months, thats why there are jackets being made.

anyways, its still a work in progress, I'm cooking me up a top secret motor build, that only I know about, until I get everything for that, the car is staying the same pretty much. I'll need all the money for the motor build.

any other comments guys?
Old 01-15-2008, 09:34 PM

If your not using A/C then why did you leave the 40 lb compressor assembly and bracket on there?

Also why buy a new harness take that one out de-loom it lengthen and re wrap. its like a days worth work but makes the car look so much better. Also the inter cooler problem. buy a new pipe dont be lazy.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by 240SS
If your not using A/C then why did you leave the 40 lb compressor assembly and bracket on there?

Also why buy a new harness take that one out de-loom it lengthen and re wrap. its like a days worth work but makes the car look so much better. Also the inter cooler problem. buy a new pipe dont be lazy.
The A/C pump assembly isn't a high priority for me, I'll take it off, when I pull the motor for the motor build.

I prefer to have a new wiring harness, you never know how bad the wires actually could be burned or whatnot.

The IC pipe, you find me a IC pipe kit for the Greddy IC thats free, and let me know. I got fired last week, the money I have saved, has to be used for bills until I get in basic training in mid-march if not sooner.

more importantly, Its time, actually, overdue to change the timing chain and guides. I don't have the money for anything right now, once I start getting money from the navy, I'll start doing what I need to.

Last edited by RB26DETT_240sx; 01-15-2008 at 10:56 PM.

Quick Reply: my nearly complete 240 with SR20det swap!