Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

messing around with fire from exhaust on Supra!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 05:53 PM

messing around with fire from exhaust on Supra!!!

Well, we decided to take a couple of pics of my buddies Supra shooting flames at NOPI. They came out beautifully...check it out!
Attached Thumbnails messing around with fire from exhaust on Supra!!!-dsc00227.jpg  

Last edited by DoriftoSil80; 10-12-2003 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-12-2003, 05:53 PM

and...
Attached Thumbnails messing around with fire from exhaust on Supra!!!-dsc00237.jpg  
Old 10-12-2003, 05:55 PM

and of course...
Attached Thumbnails messing around with fire from exhaust on Supra!!!-dsc00240.jpg  
Old 10-12-2003, 05:55 PM

Wow, that is great
Old 10-12-2003, 05:56 PM

His car's ballin' hard!
Old 10-12-2003, 09:23 PM

interesting... that can't be safe for the exhaust or the paint though...

oh yeah... and how'd you do that?

Last edited by EvilCerealBoX; 10-12-2003 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:47 PM

who's the blonde chick in the third pic.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:53 PM

Love that car! Got him on video doing that at the IASCA Finals(indoors) last year in Charlotte.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:00 PM
Contributing Member

3rd pic is real nice..me likey. But like that other guy said it cant be good for the paint nore the exahust
Old 10-13-2003, 01:18 AM

Originally posted by EvilCerealBoX
oh yeah... and how'd you do that?
I know there are two ways... my cousin has this bike that does it automaticly, if you hit clutch and gas just right, it shoot flames... so I guess if you tune your car just right... you'll do it...

the ez way...

the way they did it in 2f2f is you run a NOS line to your Kat and place a this spark plug near the end, you press this little button sprays gas and sends eletrical current to plug... and wham... flames... that's how they got differnt colors for flames (chemisty minor mode) differnt chemicals burn at differnt temps. hotter the flames the bluer it is... Lower the temp the reder the flame.. propane burns HOt also NOS has a blueish flame... gas actually burn cooler, so a red flame (red being low end)... that's why we use gas versuse propane for cars...

whoa... think I blanked out there.... what did I want to say... oh yeah...

exsaults should be able to take it, majority of them are with stand high temps. The exsaults (the gases) actually come out at very high temps... and the quick burst of flames shouldnt really raise the temp to high... now a constant flame is another story...

the paint... depends on the angle... again... gases out muffler are hot so if cheap paint and clear... wouldve cracked eventually... if you aim it right, it should only get heat not direct flame.... but I seen a couple cars modded to shoot flames that have a metal guard around that area...

again with the blanking out...
think I'm just gonna get some sleep before it happens again
Old 10-13-2003, 04:00 AM

nos???? screw that. dont skylines do it without nos
Old 10-13-2003, 06:17 AM
Contributing Member

hmm, a hot ride and bbq pit @ the same time?
Old 10-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Contributing Member

Not all skylines do it..matters how its tune. But there are lots of FC's and FD's that i see at competitions doing it..but they do it on accident.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:03 AM

I wanna be able to do it, but dont run a chemical line... from what I've seen from cars and bikes that shoot flames... you reallly only do it when driving very aggressively. just have to figure out how to tune my car so I can do it.

think it has something to do with fuel to air ratio. you ignite the primed air being released through the kat.... wham... flames.

just a guess though....
Old 10-13-2003, 11:44 AM

Originally posted by TruDirtyPlaya
I know there are two ways... my cousin has this bike that does it automaticly, if you hit clutch and gas just right, it shoot flames... so I guess if you tune your car just right... you'll do it...

the ez way...

the way they did it in 2f2f is you run a NOS line to your Kat and place a this spark plug near the end, you press this little button sprays gas and sends eletrical current to plug... and wham... flames... that's how they got differnt colors for flames (chemisty minor mode) differnt chemicals burn at differnt temps. hotter the flames the bluer it is... Lower the temp the reder the flame.. propane burns HOt also NOS has a blueish flame... gas actually burn cooler, so a red flame (red being low end)... that's why we use gas versuse propane for cars...

whoa... think I blanked out there.... what did I want to say... oh yeah...

exsaults should be able to take it, majority of them are with stand high temps. The exsaults (the gases) actually come out at very high temps... and the quick burst of flames shouldnt really raise the temp to high... now a constant flame is another story...

the paint... depends on the angle... again... gases out muffler are hot so if cheap paint and clear... wouldve cracked eventually... if you aim it right, it should only get heat not direct flame.... but I seen a couple cars modded to shoot flames that have a metal guard around that area...

again with the blanking out...
think I'm just gonna get some sleep before it happens again

yeah thats how i thought they did that... with the spark plug and everything...

one little flaw with your chemistry though... colors through temperature works to a point.... but the way they did it in 2f2f, atleast an easier way... would be the same way they do it with fireworks... throw some magnesium(blue) or lithium(red) in there... exactly how you would get it to do that... i don't know... cause having other elements in there could seriously **** up the exhaust if a chemical reaction between the exhaust piping and the magnesium, lets say, actually happens... i'm not a chemistry major(or minor) but I am extremely serious about my studies towards it....

Quick Reply: messing around with fire from exhaust on Supra!!!