Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Just bought an OEM Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 02:13 AM

Installing an OEM Spoiler on your 240SX!

Refer to the reply post from me under this THREAD for installation instructions!

I just ought an OEM spoiler with screws and the rubber things I think are called gaskets. My car does not have holes for it yet, and im scared that ill screw up the trunk lid by not making the right drilling. I can see where the holes SHOULD go when looking underneath the trunk lid, but how do align it so that its fully straight?

Does anyone have tips in installing a stock OEM spoiler? What would i need? I know ill need to buy rubber washers again because the one that this came with is worn out, and a double sided foam tape thing as well. Ive read somewher that i should use grommets, what do those do exactly? and ive also been told to aply "rust inhibitors" to all the holes i make. Can you guys give me some input on this? Thanks a lot, I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited by Peas; 01-15-2004 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:38 PM

Alright, hah I didn't really get the help I needed from the board so I was forced to figure out what I needed by myself. It's okay though, I'm willing to share what I learned in the process.

For those who are in need or will be in need of information about installing an OEM spoiler on your s14 zenki 240SX, then cop what's on the list below, unless you bought your OEM style spoiler NEW with an installation kit, otherwise, if you bought it from a wrecked body being parted out (as I did) then keep reading...

Here's what I Needed:

- 1/4" Neoprene Fender Washers
(From Home Depot)
- Scotch Mounting Tape, Heavy Duty
(1inch in width, 50 inches in total lenght, you can also buy this from Home Depot)
- Rust Inhibitor
(Any rust preventative solvent to prevent rust. You can also use touch up paint.)
- And your spoiler! (You can get one from Ebay.com or under this board's classifieds)

Thats all you really need to mount an OEM style spoiler. Only buy these items if you have a USED spoiler that doesn't come with all the necessary materials to properly mount it. Otherwise, when you buy it new, it is packaged with an installation kit. I hope this helps somebody out here.

Peace and good luck!

Last edited by Peas; 01-15-2004 at 07:42 PM.