Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Fireplug's 240sx (Fully built SR, timeslip)

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 03:37 PM

pix are down
Old 02-16-2005, 11:16 AM

Sorry, it's been a while...Pics are back up.

Sexy FaST
wHO WAS IN RIGHT LANE AT THE TIME?
That's was my buddy's Single Turbo Supra...
Here's a link to his most current run
Kevin's Supra at the track<<<---Right click, save as.

Last edited by Fireplug; 02-16-2005 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:30 AM

Here's some other pics of the built motor..Just different angles.

A lot of stuff is different now...I've changed my mind so many times on the new setup but I think I've finally settled on what I have. Here's the newest list of mods:
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

Shooting for 500+whp and 10's in the 1/4th. I'll keep you guys updated
Old 02-17-2005, 01:27 AM

u could run 9s... a **** load of sr's are running 9s in japan with that whp, with almost full interior and such...
Old 02-17-2005, 09:47 AM

I'm not sure. The car would have to be driven Extremely well to achieve that, and I'm not even sure if that's even going to happen. I was actually hoping for a high 10 because I don't know what to expect with that kind of hp. I've mustered a 13.0 out of the stock t25 and it's beat 12.8 and 12.7 LT1's on the street...So we'll just have to see what the real #'s are on the dyno this spring/summer when the car is 100% ready.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Contributing Member

Dude that is so awesome!!! I wish I had that list of mods!! Right now my engine mod list is: Redtop delievery date as of this post is today and that's it.
Your engine looks so amazing just sitting out in the open that it's almost a crime to hide it in the enigine bay. Why don't you just put it in a go cart? That way you would probably be able to pass out from the G forces caused by accelerating and everyone would be able to see that beautiful engine. It's so sweet to see a engine that's been fully built.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:00 PM

well its hard to go wrong with an IKEYA sequencial Shifter. Most of the s13s that run 9s use them =0P oh and one used mickey tompsons! =0)
Old 02-20-2005, 11:18 AM

Ah well I'm definitely sure that I won't be having a sequential tranny, but a nice set of Mickey T's are in the works!! I can't wait though, it's been over a year of anticipation to get this new setup correct and exactly where I want it, I can't wait to see what 500hp feels like in this car
Old 08-12-2005, 03:50 PM

Well guys...It's been a long time! Here's what's up...The car is going to be running next Thursday!

Here's some pictures of the car's progress through the spring/summer...
Here's the built motor installed in the car...good shot of the HKS cam gears and Greddy intake manifold

Here's a shot of the new Mickey Thompson 26x10.5" drag radials...also, rims are now bronze.

Here's a side shot of the Fuel rail, Greddy intake manifold, 1008cc injectors, and the newly powdercoated valve cover.

Another shot of the Buddyclub P1 rims in bronze...and the 300zx calipers.

Pic of the other set of tires (ones for the track) They're Hoosier Quicktime pros (27x10.5") and the chrome-moly 4340 axles.

Closer shot of the Greddy intake manifold, 272 cams, and cam gears..On a side note, NeVeR try sanding your Greddy manifold down and polishing it strictly by hand...it sucks.

Hey...Remember that 'ol Turbonetics 62-1 Turbo that I had pictured earlier in this thread?...it's no more...I decided I didn't want to run it, so I waved bye bye to it....

This Precision turbo is now completely polished...I don't like the 'cast' look of the turbo.

And here's a camera phone picture of the 304 stainless (8 gauge thickness) top-mount manifold that is now on the car. It is also fully polished since this picture has been taken. We just finished mounting the Aeromotive FPR, the new Fuel filter, the -8 lines. The new intercooler piping and 3.5" downpipe are being fabricated, they will be finished before next thursday. The 3.5bar map sensor and air intake temp sensor are also being finished up, along with the dual walbro fuel pumps. The AEM is sitting pretty in the car. Everything will be tightened up and the car will run for the first time next thursday....stay tuned.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Contributing Member

looks good...nice setup...beautiful motor...
Old 08-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Contributing Member

looks good...nice setup...beautiful motor...

Cant wait to see the timeslips..
Old 08-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Contributing Member

Q-1... what's your new redline?
Q-2... what's a driveshaft safety loop?

BTW can you post up a pic of the polished intake manifold, turbo manifold, and the polished turbo itself?
Old 08-13-2005, 07:45 PM
PNG

A driveshaft safety loop is a NHRA-required device that keeps the driveshaft from beating the **** out of the transmission tunnel (and the driver) if the rear u-joint fails, or the end of the driveshaft from dropping down and digging into the ground if the front one fails. If memory serves, RWD cars running 11.99 or faster, or running slicks are required to have one.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:51 PM

all i got to say: polished turbo = weak sauce... >(
Old 08-14-2005, 08:33 AM

Originally posted by Waynehead05
Q-1... what's your new redline?
Q-2... what's a driveshaft safety loop?

BTW can you post up a pic of the polished intake manifold, turbo manifold, and the polished turbo itself?
A-1: The New redline hasn't been set yet, but it's going to be in the 8.5-9k range.
A-2: Answered above.

The polished intake manifold is pictured above, it's the polished part that says "Greddy" on it.

Originally posted by Sleeperella
all i got to say: polished turbo = weak sauce... >(
This was done because we wanted the turbo to look like the old Turbonetics 62-1 turbo that I had on there...this way none of the locals will have any clue that the turbo has been switched to a 67mm turbo.

This is all I have..just took them a few minutes ago...sorry about how small and ****ty they are..camera phones suck.

I ditched the H-cover, even though it's better...for the S-cover to make it look like the 62-1

Last edited by Fireplug; 08-14-2005 at 08:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Fireplug's 240sx (Fully built SR, timeslip)