Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 08:32 PM

alright, thanks for the tip, ill have to look into that tomorrow.
Thanks for the help
Old 11-03-2007, 06:10 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by TypeX180
wings are garbage..unless its a Type X wing..i riped mine off the first week
type x, kouki wing, baller *** gt wing, trunk spoilers, roof wings. Thats about it. Aluminum ebay universal **** fails. And most of these dont pass on stock body.

Last edited by MS!3; 11-03-2007 at 06:13 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:09 AM
Contributing Member

Well what about Type X Wings, they look amazing especially on TypeX180's 180sx Type X.

Its a ****ing Kouki wing
Old 11-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Contributing Member

yeah...yeah..i realized what i said after i said it

<<<foot in mouth
Old 11-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Contributing Member

Nice car. Welcome to the site. Lets get down to business.

I'm sure you've done a little bit of research concerning what you want to do with your car, but if you've already decided on an SR20 swap, then I don't know if you want to go KA-T. Maybe you should just daily drive it and work on the exterior and suspension until your motor blows entirely, so you'll have a stack of money in line when you're ready to swap the motor. I'm sure it's exciting and all, but there are a lot of problems that you could run into when doing a swap, or paying to have someone do it. Even then if they need parts, they're going to charge you + labor to put it on.

As far as when you decide what you want, I suggest not really asking "what should I get." but more like seeing what other people think about a product that you have already picked out. That way you'll know the pro's and con's and see what exactly is right for you, instead of what is right for someone else; they might not be the same.

Check out this thread for carbon fiber hoods:

Carbon Fiber hood options

If you're still interested in KA-T, check this forum out:

Club240.com - KA-T

For SR20 information, check here:

Club240.com - SR Motors - This section isn't as comprehensive, but if you have any questions about it, I can link you to a few more threads about it, or if you post in this section with any questions, any of us will be happy to help.

Like any other site, please search before you ask any questions that may have been answered thoroughly, or beaten to death. We really don't flame people here much, so don't feel afraid to ask, but PLEASE search very well before posting.

Other than that, again, welcome to the site, if you need help with anything feel free to PM me or even IM me: ComptonAssDaniel.

Keep us posted on the progress! Good luck.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Contributing Member

lol...sorry i just saw your SN and lost it

comptonassdaniel..thats ****ing great
Old 11-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by TypeX180
lol...sorry i just saw your SN and lost it

comptonassdaniel..thats ****ing great
Lol! I had to do it up...but really, I'm not from Compton. :[ I'm not that tough.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Contributing Member

damn son..you had me fooled..haha
Old 11-03-2007, 08:51 PM

Hey guys, Update time!
But first I want to say thanks to everyone for the comments, and thanks Initial Daniel for the help. I was talking to the guy that I got these parts from about his Sr swap, and I've kind of made up my mind that I'm gonna do a mild rebuild to this stock ka, then turbo it and shoot for around 320-350b/whp. But like you said, im gonna first get this one the way i want it exterior, interior and suspesion wise first, then im gonna do the turbo stuff. I'll also have plenty of time to get my build plan down too.

Anyways, on to the updat. I got up at 5am this morning, took off to New York, yada yada yada, got the parts made it home around noon. I managed to fix my key issue (had to unplug some little sensor thing that kept getting tripped, works fine now), but im still gonna swap out this steering column for the one I got today 'cause its got the better steering wheel, and the original factory key. I managed to also get the new carpet in as well as the seats in before i left for work at 2:45.
After work I was able to get the new door panels on, and the other set of wheels i picked up. I was also going to switch out my center air vent (its cracked) for the new one i got, but i was too tired and for some reason didn't feel like breaking it. although now i dont really care......
anyways, i snapped some pics before my camera finally died. I'm liking the wheels, but it definitely needs to be lowered!

For tomorrow I plan on swapping steering columns, putting in the new steering rack, and the struts with 2" eibach lowering springs.

Oh, and does anyone have any tips for getting crappy tint off the back windows???? It looks like the cheap purple stuff you can get at walmart, I can use a razor blade on the side windows, but not the rear hatch (because of the defroster stip things). I'm probably going to just have to peel it off little piece by little piece huh???

Thanks for any help in advance

Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02950.jpg
Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02954.jpg
Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02957.jpg
Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02961.jpg
Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02964.jpg

Last edited by MunsonAuto; 11-03-2007 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:54 PM

oh, i forgot to add that i got the new hood on too!

i've added a pic of my 2 out of 3 sets of wheels. (stocks, the 5 spoke Fittapaldi's that came with it, and the Advanti's that are on it now)

Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02958.jpg
Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02966.jpg
Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...-dsc02965.jpg
Old 11-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Contributing Member

looking good..nice work
Old 11-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Contributing Member

Starting to look good, man!! I like the quick progress, looks like it's going well.

As far as the tint on the back window, you're right in not using a razor blade, although if you're going to peel it, try also using a heat gun. That won't hurt the heating elements, and it'll help the adhesive come off more easily.

It's always nice when plans come together. As always, keep us updated!
Old 11-03-2007, 09:38 PM

Will do! I have been holding back with the small issues that have with the car, but now I'm onto my need of a new throttle body. My gas pedal is sticky at the top, and we've traced it to the throttle body, I probably could clean it and all that good stuff, but I'd rather buy one that's an upgrade seeing as I'm planning on upgrading to ka-t later on.
I heard about using a q45 throttle body, but don't those only work with the sr's? Or if i got a q45 TB what other parts would i need to make it work? I did a small search (i went 3 pages deep) and didn't find much as to what I was looking for, so i just figured i'd ask.
Thanks guys
Old 11-03-2007, 09:50 PM

looks like i gave up on my search too soon, i went back to where i was and first topic on the fourth page was what i was looking for. I'd need to make up and adapter plate right? but other than that would i need anything else to make a q45 work? or is there a better throttle body for the ka's to use?
Thanks
Old 11-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Contributing Member

To be honest, I don't know that there are many aftermarket TB's for the KA's. I know what a lot of other people are doing is making their own custom ones, but that kind of thing is beyond me. You should also check out KA-T.org, they are a good reference when it comes to KA-T building. I'm sure you can find out at least what specifications a good TB for a KA would be.

Quick Reply: Finally got my 240!!! Slowly but surely build thread too...