Show and Shine Discuss the latest aero kits, and other non-performance items in here.

energy0uth's '89 s13

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Contributing Member

Hey man, I adjusted my RUCAs before I put em on. I centered the adjustment so that there was equal thread on both sides of the nut (so that it can be adjusted again later) and made it like a half inch longer than the stock arms, then squeezed those things in there. I dont know if thats the proper way but thats how i did it. I know you're supposed to center the nut on the threads.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Contributing Member

car looks good.

i like it.

you should hear my car going over speed bumps, its not scraping, more like grinding. haha. ive learned to avoid speed bumps and driveways except maybe 4-5 times a month when its completely necessary. so lower is possible! but then again i think there is something wrong with my brain.

good luck.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:35 AM

Now i like that. I think it looks really good like that.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Ayuaddict
car looks good.

i like it.

you should hear my car going over speed bumps, its not scraping, more like grinding. haha. ive learned to avoid speed bumps and driveways except maybe 4-5 times a month when its completely necessary. so lower is possible! but then again i think there is something wrong with my brain.

good luck.
-lol. My car is so low that i hear my cat hit the ground when i hit a dip in the road. I<3MAX
Old 01-29-2008, 06:58 AM
Contributing Member

haha back when i had the 50 series i hit everything. ****ing sucked. Driving along..... "oh **** there is a reflector!" Im back on 60 series now so its not so bad. Maybe get some bigger tires? at least 55.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by 1993Coupe
haha back when i had the 50 series i hit everything. ****ing sucked. Driving along..... "oh **** there is a reflector!" Im back on 60 series now so its not so bad. Maybe get some bigger tires? at least 55.
yea im waiting on new tires cuz mine have ton of tread but I will be getting meatier

Originally Posted by 94Boy
Now i like that. I think it looks really good like that.
thanks

Originally Posted by Ayuaddict
car looks good.

i like it.

good luck.
yea I avoid a lot of places...I actually got stuck in the air in my friends driveway because I had never tried to take it and it was wayyyy to steep from a dip and had to have them jump on my trunk so i could grab traction and shoot off

Originally Posted by ryguy
Hey man, I adjusted my RUCAs before I put em on. I centered the adjustment so that there was equal thread on both sides of the nut (so that it can be adjusted again later) and made it like a half inch longer than the stock arms, then squeezed those things in there. I dont know if thats the proper way but thats how i did it. I know you're supposed to center the nut on the threads.
see mine were so off because of where I originally had the car jacked up so right now its the same as stock camber but i think i will be able to adjust them this week sometime...i'll keep ya posted on how it goes
Old 02-04-2008, 01:57 PM

so I got the camber adjusted about perfect I would say...I haz good eyeballs lol...toe is off on driver's side so once I throw it on the rack this week it will be good to go!!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 10:40 AM

Working on RUCAs at JT's

Amanda (JT's sister) GLI VWINDAHZ

Amanda & JT....golsfish ftmfw

Will be installed soon...waiting for rollbar next week

As it sits now...

Updated Plan:

Went to the shop and learned how to do an alignment but found out my left rear toe is -2.40 and right is -.10 (after adjust from -.35). When JT & I adjusted my RUCAs we actually got them perfect and my front camber and toe is also just about perfect. So I ordered some rear toe arms, which I already researched install and part, and should be installed as soon as they arrive next week I am hoping.

After that is aligned then I am going to save for awhile so I can invest in an lsd and some security and tint.

That's all for a little while....and maybe paint in there somewhere or at least some other odds and ends.

Do work!
Old 02-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Contributing Member

lol HANS friendly, rest assured you can still compete in Nascar. Are you sure its copasetic to jack the car up from the tow hook like that? Or are my eyes decieving me?
Old 02-17-2008, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by ryguy
lol HANS friendly, rest assured you can still compete in Nascar. Are you sure its copasetic to jack the car up from the tow hook like that? Or are my eyes decieving me?
works fine...hard to get a jack in there so use the stands on the body and jack it up by the hook.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Contributing Member

haha i love my tow hook. I never have blocks of wood or bricks around my house.

car looks good btw.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Contributing Member

blocks of wood stay in my trunk..a must if you a true balla
Old 02-17-2008, 04:25 PM

I really like those seats. Where did you get them.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by 1993Coupe
haha i love my tow hook. I never have blocks of wood or bricks around my house.

car looks good btw.
thanks

Originally Posted by 94Boy
I really like those seats. Where did you get them.
ProjectAutoSalon.com they are a great group of guys located in NC.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

projectautosalon rock..nothing but good **** for good prices from them