For Sale - Wanting To Buy (WTB) Or Trade (WTT) Looking for a particular product? This is where to post it.

WTT 1997 M3 for clean S14

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 02:45 AM

WTT 1997 M3 for clean S14

Hey Everyone,

I have had my Dakar Yellow 5spd lux-trim M3 for about a year now, and unfortunately it's a car that's just too expensive for me to own anymore, I am struggling with school costs and all the expenses of being an adult all at once and am looking to sell my favorite european car of all time in order to get a japanese built car which is far cheaper to maintain (I work at a chain of dealerships which owns a toyota/honda/nissan, but no BMW alas )

Most of the modification I have done to it is strictly suspension , because before my current job I was very into auto-cross. It has full Tein Super-Street coilovers on all four corners, a mildly aggressive alignment done by me at Valley-Hi Honda as per specs given on the race section of bimmerforum.com for autocross, and finally corner-weighed by a european car group in Montclaire, CA. (the name escapes me at the moment). It has a magnaflow straight through dual tip exhaust on it right now, and will come supplied with the stock muffler as well (the magnaflow is very aggressive, and might be too much so for some people) It has a Cosmos Racing silicone intake on it (Cosmos Racing is a homebrew company formed from the people of bimmerforums.com) My hood was damaged by a tree from a windstorm that we had a few months back, and I took the chance to replace it with a ViS OEM style carbon hood. It came stock with fog lights, but I shattered the glass to one and decided to take them out and replace them with the M3 LTW block-off plates. It has a UUC EVO3 short shifter with full delrin cartridge bearings and double shear select rod, along with UUC Urethane transmission mounts. Carbon engine and sparkplug covers. The car has 130,000 miles(just turned 130k) on the chassis and engine, when I bought the car at 112,000 I compression check and leak-down tested the engine and have the specs written down somewhere, but were well within specification from the Bentley BMW service manual.

These pictures are somewhat old, but the exterior hasn't changed much except for the addition of an unpainted carbon hood ( I was planning on painting it, but haven't gotten around to it .)

I am looking for a clean 5 speed 240SX S14, preferably modified somewhat (nothing race-carish) and tastefully done.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

P.S. If you need feedback for my name feel free to search Honda-Acura.net or Bimmerforums.com. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails WTT 1997 M3 for clean S14-p5310310.jpg   WTT 1997 M3 for clean S14-p5310317.jpg   WTT 1997 M3 for clean S14-car.jpg   WTT 1997 M3 for clean S14-nock2.jpg   WTT 1997 M3 for clean S14-pic003_002.jpg