SR20DET motors

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 09:31 AM

Hey,

The engine package is the same. The $1900.00 includes the shipping anywhere in Eastcost.
Thank you,

Wais
Old 12-16-2004, 05:53 AM
Contributing Member

Oh thoose are shipped prices, I see. Since I have an 1990 dohc I am going to need to get a new cluster that is compatable with the sr20det, new power stearing lines and a resvior?
Old 12-16-2004, 09:27 AM

I see it says it comes with the stock intercooler, does it come with the piping also? And how much is the shipping for an rb20det to 42223 (fort campbell, ky)? I would also like to know the total with shipping for just a lsd? Do you have rb20det front clips? Thanks,
Old 12-22-2004, 10:17 AM

LSD

Is the LSD including the axles for the pumpkin and how much shipped to 91932?
Old 12-22-2004, 03:28 PM

Is there an email to deal with you personally, or just the company overall (info@japandomesticmotor.com). I would like to discuss a motor/parts and stuff with you.
Old 12-24-2004, 06:52 AM

Hi,

You can e-mail me at sales@japandomesticmotor.com
Thank you,

Wais Ilyasi
Old 12-24-2004, 03:47 PM

cost of....

how much would it cost total for a rb25det to be shipped to Lancaster PA.(east coast). Also do u know what else i would need install an rb25 in an 89 240sx? also about how many miles are on the motors typically?

Thank you for your time
spencer
Old 12-27-2004, 08:40 AM

Hi there,

The RB25DET complete front clip shipped at your door will cost you $3400.00. You won't need anything else in order to swap it into your 89SX. The front clip has only 79000 KMS.

Thank you,
Wais Ilyasi
Old 12-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Contributing Member

so has anybody bought anything yet?
Old 12-29-2004, 09:49 PM

I can get a motor set for 2k locally, so if that can be beat I will consider it.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:26 PM

S13 Red Top

I ordered a S13 redtop from wais. Im waiting to get in touch with him before I make any judgement on his service. So far so good.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:46 PM

Alright guys... I recieved the motor i ordered from www.japandomesticmotor.com . I don't know about this guy. But for sure forget about getting a ecu. I contacted and he said the shipping company lost it. He never sent me the SMIC either. Although I called him and he said he would send it. The radiator he sends is a USDM (he claims its from a silvia front clip). On a positive note the motor did come with a complete wiring harness and all accessories. The one motor mount was messed up, throttlebody bent, and cas cracked.

This is the picture he sent me before shrink wrapping it and shipping it out...

Well here is what the engine looked like when it showed up at my house....

Coverd in oil and what appears to be oil dry (kitty Litter). This he claims he didnt do but I dont see the shipping company doing this. Also, note that the motor is on its side.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:53 PM

Two more picture because I think its important for people to see what kind of service they can expect. But Hey, maybe you will have a better experience.

Anybody have any ideas on what my best plan of action is?? This was a pain to clean theres oil in the intake manifold and kitty litter in the turbo. Took a day to somewhat clean it all.

These are the items that did not come.

- Drive Shaft
- Stock Intercooler
- ECU (Computer)

A huge pile of mess and cleaning did come!!
Old 01-08-2005, 07:31 PM

To avoid a situation like that you should of just ordered a whole front clip. Then you could of used or sold the parts of the clip on ebay. Damn your shiat looks messed up I would of demanded a return and my money back. Especially if the company does buisness with what appears to be a shady shipping company. I wouldn't say that $1900 is a good deal either, especially for Nissan Club 240 Members. I had an sr20det shipped straight off the boat of the Oakland pier for $1200. If you deal with a reasonable company the sr20det shouldn't cost more than $1550 with shipping.
I live in Oakland Cali so front clips from Japan come Fresh Off the Boat all the time.
What is really insulting is my boy that orders the clips gets them for $700.00, can you notice a sales markup, I can. But buisness is Buisness as usual.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:15 AM

Hi Guys,

As you can see, the engine was tight up on the pallet. I sent the picture to Mr. Richard Andrew Panettieri before it was shipped out to show him that i'm sending him a complete SR20DET engine with a S13 stock radiator, that i took off from a Slivia front clip, as i promised. Mr. Panettieri was telling me that the radiator is a USDM, which is impossible. The engine was compression tested and all parts that were promised were shipped out with the engine, except the intercooler which i sent out by UPS last Thursday. At the delivery time, Mr. Panettieri signed the delivery proof, and attested that the engine that he got is in perfectly good condition. He called me after that and claimed a missing ECU. As you can see the ECU was on the top of the radiator, and the engine was tightly plastic rapped right after the picture was taken. I called the transport company and they contated the driver that delivered that engine. i also sent these pictures to them and they say that it's impossible. How come he accepted the engine the way,he says it was, after that i sent him the picture of the engine before it was shipped out, where he can clearly see in what condition the package was shipped out?

Quick Reply: SR20DET motors