S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Wiring Gauges.....hks or greddy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 07:45 PM

Post Wiring Gauges.....hks or greddy?

Ive got a boost gauge and an air-fuel ratio gauge that i want hooked up in my car. first of all....should i take it in to be done professionally or is it not out of my league? second, if not out of my league, im in the midst of lookin for tech help through the forum and online..but if anyone knows a site or can offer me insight it would be appreciated. they are both autometer gauges, again, one boost, the other air-fuel.
Also, im lookin to buy a turbo timer and in a few weeks or so, a boost controller. the question is...greddy or hks? or is there another company that offered better products than either of them? again..all responses are humbly accepted. thanks
Old 01-22-2004, 09:51 PM

ok this is very simple...
First lets talk about the air/fuel (i just did mine today on my s14)
You need a test light, some wire splicers and something to ground the wire to a good ground.
After you get the ground done (black wire) attach the test light to the ground and find something that would have power (usally behind the Deck or Tape Deck) and hold the test light on the source you want to use and see if it turns on (while the key is out) then turn the key on and touch the test light onto the same source or any other source and see if it turns on. If so then use the wire splice to splice the red wire through which ever you found. After that you will need to take the purple wire from the gauge and locate your ECU. You will need to check chilton's manual or any other manual for a 240 and find were the O2 sensor pin out is. For a 95 240sx here is the diagram http://www.**********/faq/articles/95_ecu_pinout.htm
Use the Rear heated O2 sensor bc its after the cat... its pinout number 52 white.
Then after you have found that, splice it through.

Now for the boost gauge...
Do the same thing for power and ground, its a white wire for power and a black one for ground.
Then you will need to take that clear vacumn hose and atach it to the back of the gauge with the proper fitting. then run the clear hose through the fire wall and to the intake piping between the intercooler and the throttle body. Their should be a fitting that came with the gauge that you will need to attach and drill a hole in the intake piping and put that fitting, attached to the clear vacumn hose, in there with a rubber gromit and then youre done

sorry if its not so clear but its hard to explain it... its way easier to do then to explain.