S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

newb from the euro side...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:19 PM

newb from the euro side...

hey everyone hows it going, i'm patrick and i'm 19 and i jsut picked up a 91 hatch shell. i dd a 96 vw gti that i love but i came across this and couldn't pass it up. i have a friend with an 89 coupe that had some dents and **** on the front end, and he found this shell for $200 with a good front clip. thinking it was just missing motor and trans i went with him to look at it only to find it totally stripped of everything. my friend couldn't take it in that condition, and the owner said it was getting scrapped the next day since he couldn't get rid of it. normally i'd let it pass but this car SUPER clean and has no rust at all. i made some phone calls and some arrangements, and i'll be taking delivery of it at the end of this week. i've always wanted a 240 project but could never find anytihng worth my time or money until now. i personally prefer s14's and coupes more but it was jsut too good a deal and to see this car crushed would be a crime. i'll be storing the car at my aunts house over the winter (i dont have room at my house) and it may sit for a while before i can really get to it, but the plans are to buy a jdm s13 front clip and jsut swap everything over including rhd. i knew alot of people that know these cars well so i'll have alot of help along the way, but i want to do as much of it myself as possible. i have a budget goal set in mind but i've yet to do much research to see if its possible. the car really is an open canvas though for whatever i want to do with it, and the plan is to make it a pure race car with a cage, two seats and a gutted dash for the interior and thats it.

anyway, enough talking, on with the pics. these are all i have right now of the car sitting at the kid's house, i'll have more once its moved.

Name:  IMG_0794.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  75.3 KB
Name:  IMG_0796.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  86.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0797.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  77.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0795.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  97.2 KB

first plan is to get as much of the body back together as soon as i can. my friend that bought the front clip is giving me his old one atleast until i get the silvia front, adn he has 3 sets of doors so i only need stuff for the back which i'll prolly pull from a yard. i'm gonna get the windhsield glass pulled and replaced most importantly though and before much is done the whole thing is getting rattle canned flat black.

ok i think i'm done, i have alot of research ahead of me to do. a pic of my vw even though it doesnt belong(i have different wheels and front plate now but its about the same):

Last edited by euroJDM; 08-29-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:27 PM

Welcome to the forums!

Looks like Prestons car...well I guess old car now....

actually pretty sure it is the car I'm thinking of, even got the pa-nissan stickers on it!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 03:33 PM

I like the club240 sticker on it
Old 08-29-2007, 03:50 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!! what the **** happened to my baby.

That is definently my old car that I sold to preston.

I hope Preston didnt crash if he did, hope he is ok.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Contributing Member

welcome bro.. it looks like the supra on FnF
Old 08-29-2007, 08:39 PM

yes the guys name is preston...no wreck just a trashed windshield.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:05 PM

well aside from every nut, bolt, and etc. missing, at least you still have the gas door and rear mudflap(s) still attatched. good luck with your project.

EDIT: dust for prints on that baseball bat to find the culprits who stole everything and smashed in the windshield. lol!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:08 PM

YES!! another 240 saved. that front clip is on my car now it looks great.. ill be helping with this car, can't wait to get started on it.. wish us luck!
PA DRIFT!!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by 2ShOrTCoUpE
YES!! another 240 saved. that front clip is on my car now it looks great.. ill be helping with this car, can't wait to get started on it.. wish us luck!
PA DRIFT!!
I was thinking about buying that name and making another site since the old one seems to have disappeared....

Glad to see more PA people showing up!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Contributing Member

Christ man. Just don't get that shell and get tired of the project halfway through. Does anybody have any "before" pictures of this car?
Old 08-30-2007, 05:56 AM

Welcome!
Old 08-30-2007, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by ryguy
Does anybody have any "before" pictures of this car?
Here's a few pics Preston posted on my site awhile ago...

Old 08-30-2007, 01:58 PM

yeah he blew something like 3 ka's in it supposedly but its going straight to an sr20.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Contributing Member

what happen to it
Old 08-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Contributing Member

Dango Bango! That car used to look good.

I had a red moped that I painted that exact shade of blue.

Quick Reply: newb from the euro side...