S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

"new b" with an RPS13 hatch

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 12:54 AM

"new b" with an RPS13 hatch

Fresh out of the Honda Scene, I just bought a RPS13 hatch, if i'm not wrong, I decided to make this a project car that i gave myself a year for me to finish it. No I'm not rich nor have a high paying job but i wish i would. I started my research and what i want to do with it . I am putting an RB26DETT (considering a 2JZ) im in search of local shops that have done it to help me with the swap. The engine is my first priority right after i find one for a decent price, I've seen them for an average of $3500 up to $5000 (*1 References below) Now for the body I'm planning to do a silvia conversion with a nice kit (pictures below). any advice you might have or anything that you wanna say about my build. I'm very open to all opinions or suggestions or anything that you can help me out with if you live in So Cal and might know of any places, I live in Downtown LA, shops or any place you can refer me to that i might wanna check out, any tips of anyhthing people had experience and might be able to help me, I can go to PasswordJDM but it wouldn't be my first choice, I'm not looking to build a 1000hp car or anything like it i'm looking to build a fast reliable car i can drive everyday and depend on and also be rare I don't want it to be something i just bought off the shelf and slapped some rims on got a bodykit and got it painted. I have some ideas at the bottom let me know what you guys think. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Potential Front ends or body kits

I like this silvia/s13 kit, and love the fenders w/o the wing though, the only down side to this kit is that it's too low to the ground and here in cali i wouldn't even get it in my driveway.

probably with the fender style from the top picture

References:

*1- RB26DETT Prices

http://www.jdmenginedepot.com/jdm_en..._GT-R_RB26DETT

http://www.japanmotorimport.com/JDM_...RB26DETT_89-94

http://www.jdmenginestogo.com/nissangtrr3233.htm
Old 10-25-2008, 04:06 AM
Contributing Member

lol if your not planning to make big power then spending money on a RB26 is retarded.

RB25 with few mods will have 400whp and be perfectly reliable and its way cheaper. also the torque band on a RB25 is better then a rb26

you dont even need to go rb an SR can make reliable 300whp our you can go KA-T there are so many options.

RB 26 is not a god motor hell if i was going for high hp i would swap in a ls1 with some heads and cams would spank up an rb26
Old 10-25-2008, 04:13 AM
Contributing Member

Welcome to the forum!
Old 10-25-2008, 06:26 AM
Contributing Member

welcome.. look around bro.. lots of info here...
Old 10-25-2008, 07:33 AM

Oh dear God . . .
Old 10-25-2008, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by positron
Welcome to the forum!
Originally Posted by Biggamehit
welcome.. look around bro.. lots of info here...
Thanks fellas good looking out

Originally Posted by battosaii930
lol if your not planning to make big power then spending money on a RB26 is retarded.

RB25 with few mods will have 400whp and be perfectly reliable and its way cheaper. also the torque band on a RB25 is better then a rb26

you dont even need to go rb an SR can make reliable 300whp our you can go KA-T there are so many options.

RB 26 is not a god motor hell if i was going for high hp i would swap in a ls1 with some heads and cams would spank up an rb26
I already got an SR20DET on it but im removing that one and it's gonna go to my bros car. I am open minded to any motor though i want something that i could achieve good power with out mayor mods. thanks I appreciate your opinion.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Contributing Member

ls1

300hp on tap throw some heads and cams on it and there ya go 600+whp on tap no lag what so ever and not to mention the torque
Old 10-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Contributing Member

rb26 projects usually end up as unfinished projects.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by battosaii930
ls1

300hp on tap throw some heads and cams on it and there ya go 600+whp on tap no lag what so ever and not to mention the torque
Sound good ill do sum research on it on what i would need for that setup, what would be the best bang for the buck?

Originally Posted by shaban
is there a reason for not getting finished, cuz if it's something ims be breaking my head with i don't want to deal with it, good looking out
Old 10-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Contributing Member

it's too expensive and most people don't know what they are doing when they do it.

It costs up around $15,000+ to get it up and running, so if you're talking about best bang for the buck, then it's not the right swap for you.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Contributing Member

end up unfinished, is that possible?
Old 10-25-2008, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
end up unfinished, is that possible?
See the car I bought, previous owner ended the project with a dead motor lacking ANY coolant and a biohazard for an interior.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Contributing Member

if you do do it, i HIGHLY doubt you will be able to finish in a year.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Contributing Member

hehe, he said do do
Old 10-25-2008, 11:00 PM

hehe, he said do do

LMAO!

----------------------

I love how he mentions doing an RB26 run then when the LS1 was mentioned he says some nonsense like "Bang for the buck"

HAHAHAHAHA!

If you're comparing those two, bang-for-the-buck should never come out of your mouth, LOL!

I'm glad I'm subscribed to this thread . . . .

Quick Reply: "new b" with an RPS13 hatch