S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

My first 240 (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
well for the gas light you dont have to replace that one and you dont want to .. it will stay on..

also you were suppose to get the signel led light bro.
I didn't use the LED in the gas light but I did replace it with a regular 194 bulb but I think I have a wiring or sending unit problem b/c the light won't come on. It's been on "E" before and no hint of a light so I believe it's something else. I was able to reach my arm up behind the dash to get two of the bulbs swapped out for non LED red bulbs and it's a world of difference. Not knocking the LED's, just saying that if you want red it may be too dark for you. I saw another post in the DIY thread you started with a member saying they had used blue and it too was dark. It may just be the dark colors IDK . The new method is working great so i'll probably pull the cluster out again later and do the others. Man is it a pain to get the cluster surround out.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:58 AM

clean
Old 11-25-2007, 10:14 AM

Today is a sad day for me . My car was broken into overnight last night. I came up to Greensboro to stay with my girlfriend last night and when I walked outside this morning, I noticed the window was broken and my radio was stolen. I had an amp mounted to the back seat and it too was stolen. I wish that was all. My girlfriends car was broken into and the thief attempted to steal her radio too, but when I installed it I did so with tamper-proof torx screws so the radio was left. The face plate was stolen and the trim around the radio was broken but the radio itself was still there. Another guy that lived in the apartments had his window busted and his ipod stolen. The police came and asked questions and i'm now waiting on the CSI van to come and get prints if any are there. I really wish that something could be done but I just took my comprehensive insurance off a few months ago b/c I thought $20 extra a month would add up in the long run. Guess I was wrong. So now I guess I get to replace the window first, then radio, but i'm just gonna sell the other amp and the speaker probably. All this on top of a speeding ticket I got just last week which I thought was complete bs, but that's another story. Luckily I looked on eBay and I found a window for $50 shipped but i'm still gonna cal some local salvage yards tomorrow. Merry Christmas to me , I get to pay for a lawyer for the ticket and I get to pay for a new radio, window and alarm sys. Oh well sorry for the long post.

PS- I Just got in from talking to the CSI guy and he was able to lift a print off my gf's car and the other guys car but they probably don't belong to the thief .

Okay for the pics...

Old 11-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Contributing Member

thats ****ing dirty..i hate that ****

i hope all is well..sorry man
Old 11-25-2007, 12:01 PM

damn man that's messed up. i hate thieves so much. i hope they catch his ***. justice!

well, as consolation at the very very least, you may have just prevented others from getting their radios stolen by inspiring them to use tamper-proof torx screws. sorry to hear about your car man.

what's the story behind the speeding ticket? if you don't mind me asking. i mean, hiring a lawyer... must've been some ticket.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:52 PM

me too.
and yes some ticket. if youre having that much fun on the road you dont need a car stereo
Old 11-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Contributing Member

Unfortunately there are people like that in this world who don't believe in working hard for their things, and that they can just take from others. They'll get what's coming to them.

As far as torx screws, it's good and bad. The good news is sometimes they won't be able to take your radio. The bad part is, that will **** them off sometimes and they'll **** up your car even more, just because.

I hate thieves man.

My record: Car Broken into twice + 2 cars stolen from me. Aggrivating. Partly why I sold my 240 also.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by k_wakasugi
what's the story behind the speeding ticket? if you don't mind me asking. i mean, hiring a lawyer... must've been some ticket.
The ticket I got earlier this week was not deserving IMHO. I admit that the tickets I have gotten in the past were deserving, but in those cases I was speeding well over the limit and my radar went off so I know they clocked me. This time I was doing maybe 5 over and yes I know that is technically over the limit but if they actually got everyone the did that 90% of every driver on the road would get a ticket. Not to mention we all would have to have 100% accurate speedometers. Also, my radar didn't go off. Not even a beep. I rolled past the officer at 40mph in a 35 zone as did every other car with me. The officer told me when he approached my car that he got me doing 50 in a 35 zone !!!! I didn't say a word I was just like . He took my license and registration, went back to his car and wrote the ticket, brought it back with the wrong birthday on it, and told me when my court date was. Now thanks to him and the pecker thief I get to spend my Christmas cash on a broken window, radio, amp, and lawyer to hopefully make the ticket go away. The only reason i'm getting a lawyer is I do not want this to show up on my insurance. It's already high as crap with my STi on it and I had to pay extra for a long time b/c of the two points the past tickets got me, so I can't go through that again. I just wish I knew someone that knew the UNCG officer and maybe he could cut me a break and try to make his quota on some one that is actually committing a more serious crime like... breaking into freaking cars!!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Contributing Member

Dang, i guess this is a lesson to everybody to get a security system with a shock sensor.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Contributing Member

Wait Im confused did they throw a wrench through the windscreen/shield? WTF
Old 11-26-2007, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by RuizXIII
Wait Im confused did they throw a wrench through the windscreen/shield? WTF
No, the drivers door window was broken when what looks like they tried to pry the window back... Notice the marks on the weather strip. The wrench was mine. It was in the center console before it all happened.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by ryguy
Dang, i guess this is a lesson to everybody to get a security system with a shock sensor.
I'll be looking for one on eBay soon. I probably won't get the one that has a camera that takes a picture when the alarm goes off but they have some nice name brand ones to choose from. Also, since I install wiring a lot at work, i'll be wrapping it in wire loom, and soldering it in with the OEM harness to hide it that much more. IDK where i'll hide the horn yet. Maybe behind the front bumper, but I have other things to worry about right now.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:21 AM
Contributing Member

Well, at least they didnt break your shifter trim. Before you buy that window on eBay you should see what kind of price you can get at your local junkyard, after shipping (or maybe even before shipping) it might be cheaper.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:18 AM

I've got a window at the house for $40 if interested, and a ton of random S13 parts.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by ryguy
Well, at least they didnt break your shifter trim. Before you buy that window on eBay you should see what kind of price you can get at your local junkyard, after shipping (or maybe even before shipping) it might be cheaper.
Originally Posted by nissandrift
I've got a window at the house for $40 if interested, and a ton of random S13 parts.
I just picked a window up from a junkyard for $40 today. I didnt see your post nissandrift or I might have contacted you. I still might if I find that I need anything else. Window is in and it is also re-tinted. Now for a radio and amp....

Quick Reply: My first 240 (pics inside)