S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

My first 240 (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
good **** man.... seems to be a worker like .... see a problem fix it... lol
Yeah it feels a little more rewarding to fix things that need it and that are problem areas rather than spend all my money doing things to my STi when it's not broken and doesn't need to be fixed. As of now, the 240 will probably get worked on every weekend for a while as a lot is still left to be done. I plan on checking with a Nissan dealer to see if they offer lifetime warranty on seat belt components like some others do b/c my drivers power belt is clicking like maybe it's off track... IDK we'll see. I'll keep everything posted as it gets replaced/fixed. Thanks for all the comments.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:56 AM

Looks good, really cleaned it up
Old 09-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Contributing Member

looking clean man. id wait on the spoiler tho. aftermarket wing on stock body, stock height, stock wheels. yea.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by 1993Coupe
looking clean man. id wait on the spoiler tho. aftermarket wing on stock body, stock height, stock wheels. yea.
That is true. Springs will come in due time along with new struts. Not sure of what combination i'll use though. I also just taught myself how to tint windows on my dads beater 95 Civic so i'll save a good $120 there. I won't be getting wheels or brakes anytime soon as i've just ordered new tires and the brakes have good life left. Plus i'll splurge for the extra cost of 5-lug hubs when the time comes to replace both tires and brakes. I can really get used to the cheaper aftermarket parts for these cars.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:00 AM

Just completed a few weekend projects..

New glass lenses and smoked signals...

Ground wire...

Another ground wire...

Not related to the 240 but still.... Swift springs on the STi.

I changed the oil too but big deal right. New tires (Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position) will hopefully be here this week sometime and I'll be attempting to make my own motor mounts using Flexane. The drivers power belt is still driving me crazy so i'll be looking for a solution to that crap but like always i'll keep the updates posted.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:39 AM

Welcome now let the modding begin.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Contributing Member

wow this is very nice, forget spring/strut combo, just get coilovers, it is definitely worth the bit of extra money, especially with Stance offering great coilovers for less than $1000 and Max releasing their line for ~$1000. seems like you are on the right track, oh and don't forget to make your own thread in the show and shine section. if you'd like i can just move this thread there for you. good luck
Old 09-09-2007, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ayuaddict
wow this is very nice, forget spring/strut combo, just get coilovers, it is definitely worth the bit of extra money, especially with Stance offering great coilovers for less than $1000 and Max releasing their line for ~$1000. seems like you are on the right track, oh and don't forget to make your own thread in the show and shine section. if you'd like i can just move this thread there for you. good luck
Thanks and I will be getting coilovers after comparing prices. Used Cusco's go on eBay for about 600-700 so that's good. So far as the show and shine, I don't have a lot of either yet but I plan to make sort of a journal out of this thread to share with everyone so feel free to move it if need be.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Contributing Member

G/L with the car dude. Looks pretty good
Old 09-11-2007, 10:37 PM

The green "wing" on the s13 hatch from ebay is called

"gp 3 peice wing", which i own looks sick.
http://www.srbpower.com/gp-sports/g4...13-builtin.php
i sourced you a link for more of a view on it.

the second one thats black and on the red hatch is...

"origin lab" 3 peice wing. also nice.
http://www.origin-lab.com/index.php?...runk&model=180

there are lots of fake ones out there, or exact same style at 1/2 the price like ebay ones.. same thing really.

on the other hand your car looks sick, you have done more work on your car in that short while than i have in the last 6 months. good job.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by eroc263
Is there a good company that makes a OE style spoiler but not out of rubber?
I have a Spoiler that has a Saturn part number. Looks pretty much Identical but its not soft sponge.

I'll see if i can find it for you, you'd just have to pay for shipping.

EDIT: It was on my car when I bought it so i know it fits excellent and looks great!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by TeDDY
I have a Spoiler that has a Saturn part number. Looks pretty much Identical but its not soft sponge.

I'll see if i can find it for you, you'd just have to pay for shipping.

EDIT: It was on my car when I bought it so i know it fits excellent and looks great!
Pics???
Old 09-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by g3bio
The green "wing" on the s13 hatch from ebay is called

"gp 3 peice wing", which i own looks sick.
http://www.srbpower.com/gp-sports/g4...13-builtin.php

the second one thats black and on the red hatch is...

"origin lab" 3 peice wing. also nice.
http://www.origin-lab.com/index.php?...runk&model=180

there are lots of fake ones out there, or exact same style at 1/2 the price like ebay ones.. same thing really.

on the other hand your car looks sick, you have done more work on your car in that short while than i have in the last 6 months. good job.
That add on lip style spoiler looks nice, but one thing I dont like about GP Sports is that some of the US distributors copy them and sell those instead. Usually a bit off in shape. Overall, I like that style. Makes me want to pick up an S13 now. Im pretty much done with the S14 (giving it to my brother), I want to build something else. but not dig so deep into my pockets. Saving up for the EvoX. Picking that up in late 2009, mid 2010.

EDIT: I just re-read your post... I said the same thing you did LOL...

Last edited by NiSmO Knight; 09-12-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:09 AM

So I installed my tires yesterday and upon doing so I discovered that the previous owner of my car installed KYB GR-2 shocks on the car. I'm not sure of the age but I am now in the position of trying to figure out what I want to do suspension wise. I had planned to install a good used set of coilovers but now I can just get a good set of springs and use the extra money to buy a set of sways or a LSD swap. Also, since this is the newbie forum I have a question about the LSD swap i'm considering. I am looking at the 90-96 non-turbo swap but all I know is that i'll have to get new output shafts. I know the 300ZX diff has the 5-bolt pattern and mine has the 6, but if I have the axles from the Z will it be a direct swap or will I need to get a drivers axle from a J30 to fit the pass. side of my car? I searched but things are still a little vague to me so any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
Old 09-16-2007, 08:38 AM

You sound pretty solid on your modifications, the only thing I would reconsider is adding springs to the GR2s. True, they hold up quite well, FAR better than Tokico's equivalent. However, GR2s are pretty much OEM replacements and the difference between them and stock suspension is almost immeasurable unless it's on a shock-dyno.

My suggestion . . .and this is just a suggestion mind you, if you want to stick with KYB and have a car that's streetable, handles well and is still comfortable, get some AGX's, they aren't overly stiff and will not give you a harsh jittery ride like some of the other suspension companies will. AGX's are also valved to work with a lot of spring combinations from progressive rate to linear.

If you're willing to sacrifice your ride quality, a nice pair of Koni yellows will give you a very sporty feel and will eliminate most weight transfer and body roll. The only downside, once again, is that your car will become extremely jittery, especially with low profile sport tires and some taut springs. The Koni suspension loves track usage, there for is tailored to suit that. If you don't mind shattering your spine, go for it . . .keep in mind that there's also an issue with controlled drivability . . .people seem to forget that stiff suspension ISN'T sporty suspension, it's dangerous suspension, with Koni's the slightest inflection on the surface you're driving on is enough to disrupt your momentum and send you on a maiden voyage somewhere else. So be weary of that as well.

Everything else sounds pretty much solid, I'm not much of a mechanic, but as a professional driver, I can tell you about things from driver's-point-of-view.

Take care,
-Stig

Quick Reply: My first 240 (pics inside)