S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

My first 240 (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

now get that alarm going
Old 11-29-2007, 05:07 PM

More from the USPS man came today.... I bought these off eBay like 90% of everything else for $71.95 shipped. I could've gotten a cheaper set but I like the Cusco style of these. I did see a set with the Cusco blue colored mounting brackets but that's not a big deal to me. I bought these before the car was broken into and it was sort of an impulse buy but anyway, I should be able to get these on very soon and get updated pics and some feedback. The only problem with them that I saw was the holes that the bolt for the brackets go through are a little big so i'll need to add a washer but that's no problem.

Pics.....

Old 11-29-2007, 06:45 PM
Contributing Member

Some of the holes look like they got drilled a lil too close to the edge... is that safe??? Genuine Cusco?

Nice buy tho!
Old 11-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Contributing Member

When you adjust the bar so that it's as long as it will go and still fit, the size of the bolt holes shouldnt be a problem I don't think. My holes are a tad big on my strut bar but the bolt pushes against the inside of the hole pretty hard, keeping it firmly in place.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by NiSmO Knight
Some of the holes look like they got drilled a lil too close to the edge... is that safe??? Genuine Cusco?

Nice buy tho!
I'm not sure if you guys understand what holes i'm talking about. I'll post pics of them later. Also, no they are not genuine Cusco, just the same style as the Cusco but still a good buy IMHO.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Contributing Member

Oh, do you mean the hole that the bolt that connects the bar to the brackets? Like the distance between the holes is to far apart, so you'll add a washer onto the bolt that holds the two together?
Old 11-30-2007, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by ryguy
Oh, do you mean the hole that the bolt that connects the bar to the brackets? Like the distance between the holes is to far apart, so you'll add a washer onto the bolt that holds the two together?
No i'm talking about the head of the bolt being a bit too small for the hole in the bracket IMO. It's an allen head as shown so I just added a lock washer and a regular one so it would give it more area to fasten to. I'll post pics of them on the car this weekend.

Pics...

Old 12-02-2007, 07:07 AM

Both bars are now in . At first when I just had only the front, I didn't notice much of a difference. After I put the rear in yesterday, I noticed the car having a noticable improvment in steering response. Before I could steer the wheel quickly back and forth and the car would stay put pretty much, but now it wants to just about change lanes. With just the bars only, it should increase the slalom speed a good amount. Well worth the money and no need to spend 100+ each for brand name bars. I think that if they aren't too hard to install I may get a set of steering rack bushings to improve response a little more. Pics are below...

Front

Front Clearance (valve cover)

Front Clearance (throttle cables)

Rear
Old 12-11-2007, 10:10 PM

congrats.. you made me feel like ****.

I got my 240 for $1700, and its no where near that condition.. must be the area i live in. only plus i see is that my car has an amateur swapped KA24DE with 89k miles. after that, the pros end and the cons begin...
Old 12-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Contributing Member

Nice, let us know how they hold up! If they're good, let me get a link to the seller, I'll pick up a set too!

And yeah, your car is frikin CLEAN!
Old 12-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Contributing Member

I can see that happening, thats what i assumed happened at first. I have seen much worse newbie threadjackings.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:55 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Eroc, do you still have the name of the ebay seller who sold you those strut bars? Let me know, I still need to do some Christmas shopping for myself! LOL
Old 12-20-2007, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by NiSmO Knight
Hey Eroc, do you still have the name of the ebay seller who sold you those strut bars? Let me know, I still need to do some Christmas shopping for myself! LOL
Link to the auction I won.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...179842220&rd=1

Link to Seller Store
http://stores.ebay.com/Toys-Auto

FYI I couldn't find an auction for the front and rear but I did see one for just the front. Maybe if you can hold out or email the seller they will list a set of front and rear. Hope this helps.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:14 PM

i live in canada and our winters suck for 240sx its sad seeing the ones that people take outt all year here and they have big *** holes in the floor and the frame is rusted outt bad
Old 05-14-2009, 04:23 PM

and 1,100 i wish i could find one as nice as that here for that man ....**** i gotta buy my next 240 in the states i paid $3500 for mine had 280,000km not miles and it wasnt in half as nice shape as yours i put in some crazy work ...but i must say you guys are lucky like 8 grand for a kouki??? thats crazy we pay like 10 for one with no rust ...and im not talking surface rust im talkin holes you can stick you hand through

Quick Reply: My first 240 (pics inside)