S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hi my name is Aaron, and I am a nizmo newb (everyone in unison: Hi Aaron)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 04:16 PM

Cool Hi my name is Aaron, and I am a nizmo newb (everyone in unison: Hi Aaron)

I just recently got my first 240sx, and before I was all daydreaming about pimpin out any car I get. But i was thinking of looks...sure body kits, nice wheels, and shiny chrome exhausts are cool, but now that I realize it......everyone and their mom does that stuff.....espically honda owners....and yet they have no performance....This made me realize how i dont want a rice burner, but a car that can eat others for breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner. Now i got my 89 240sx...good car...fun to drive, but its a 4 cyl auto, and being 16 yr old kid I cant really have a performance car because of insurance and the parentals. My plan is to hopefully either do an engine swap by 19 or get a newer 240...cuz when i got mine I fell in love with it and seeing/hearing how these cars rock I ain't gonna leave it 4 nuthin. but for being more knowledgable about computers and not auto mechanincs....I got a lot to learn. And becuz I got NO F$#@ing clue what I am doin ....feel free to shake your heads in dissapointment and laugh at me when I ask questions that are simple az sh*t to u guys...and girls.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:21 PM

Hey dont bust on the honda owners, Yes i will agree with you there are some rice burners out there (which I was one at one time) but my car is a show car and I will admit it is slow, i dont play it off and say im fast or nothing... BUT there are some real serious racers and some hondas pushing over 300hp, so watch what you say. No stereotyping.

As for the parentals and stuff, did you pay for the car? If so, say fawk em. If not, your screwed, my parents said the same thing when i bought my civic (but i made the payment on it), and look at it now. lol. Dont worry about the whole automotive thing, stick around on this board and you should learn a couple things.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:29 PM
Contributing Member

Hi, welcome to the board. Being 16 with a car you wanna fix up sure does suck, but hey no money gives you more time to research the next mod you buy right? I know... I'm 16, got a '90, and need to fix it up . BTW don't listen to SilvaPwr it's too much fun not to bust on honda owners
Old 10-09-2002, 04:39 PM

sorry if I own a honda, soon to be nissan owner here this weekend
Old 10-09-2002, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member

No need to apologize, just make sure you treat your 240 good.
Old 10-09-2002, 04:55 PM

Ill treat it good alright, and when the sr20det comes to my door ill make sure i take pics of it and rub it in your face...lol
Old 10-09-2002, 05:33 PM
Contributing Member

Rub it in my face? Whatsoever for?
Old 10-09-2002, 06:38 PM
Contributing Member

There are a lot of people that come on here with no clue in the world about the car or even mechanics, just hang around and you'll learn a lot.

Welcome and get posting on your questions, and don't be afraid to ask, because no question is too dumb, well almost no question
Old 10-09-2002, 06:44 PM

lol, thanx...good thing I found this place. Iz tiZight!
Old 10-09-2002, 07:57 PM

what kinda performance are you looking for? top end? straightline? handling?

i was in the process of doing a highpower 240 but just recently scrapped it and sold everything off...decided to become a traitor and go domestic :b my car wont handle as well, not bad, but not as well as the beautifully balanced 240. but its a whole 'nother story straightline...
Old 10-09-2002, 09:00 PM

Originally posted by 95exlude

i was in the process of doing a highpower 240 but just recently scrapped it and sold everything off...decided to become a traitor and go domestic :b my car wont handle as well, not bad, but not as well as the beautifully balanced 240. but its a whole 'nother story straightline...
Oh i dunno....something I can kick *** with...the spedometer tops out at at 115...I wanna go a lot faster than along with fast acceleration
Old 10-09-2002, 09:02 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by 95exlude

booooooooooooooo
Old 10-09-2002, 09:03 PM

Or....

or maybe something I can do now with it...I dunno...what could I do with an 89 4cyl auto? anything? I mean that way I can have SOMETHING for now and then in the future just get a newer 240 and upgrade....or maybe a 300zx
Old 10-09-2002, 09:31 PM

Re: Or....

Originally posted by AzzySK
or maybe something I can do now with it...I dunno...what could I do with an 89 4cyl auto? anything? I mean that way I can have SOMETHING for now and then in the future just get a newer 240 and upgrade....or maybe a 300zx
Yeah un-autoing it would be a great start.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:50 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Hi my name is Aaron, and I am a nizmo newb (everyone in unison: Hi Aaron)

Originally posted by AzzySK
I just recently got my first 240sx, and before I was all daydreaming about pimpin out any car I get. But i was thinking of looks...sure body kits, nice wheels, and shiny chrome exhausts are cool, but now that I realize it......everyone and their mom does that stuff.....espically honda owners....and yet they have no performance....This made me realize how i dont want a rice burner, but a car that can eat others for breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner. Now i got my 89 240sx...good car...fun to drive, but its a 4 cyl auto, and being 16 yr old kid I cant really have a performance car because of insurance and the parentals. My plan is to hopefully either do an engine swap by 19 or get a newer 240...cuz when i got mine I fell in love with it and seeing/hearing how these cars rock I ain't gonna leave it 4 nuthin. but for being more knowledgable about computers and not auto mechanincs....I got a lot to learn. And becuz I got NO F$#@ing clue what I am doin ....feel free to shake your heads in dissapointment and laugh at me when I ask questions that are simple az sh*t to u guys...and girls.
Welcome to the site. Enjoy the information and great members.

Watch who you talk doodo about. You are bound to get burned by one sooner or later. There are the reverse sleeper riceboys out there. They have the nozzles, they have the indiglos but hey what is this they are also fast. Now that is a treat.

There are also plenty of 240 owners that I would not want to be associated with.

Start saving for your swap yesturday. You will need all of the money.

Oh yeah, this is getting moved.

Quick Reply: Hi my name is Aaron, and I am a nizmo newb (everyone in unison: Hi Aaron)