S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Good times

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Contributing Member

Haha, serious, a lot of young guys are planning on getting thier 240s. Haha, I remember when that newbie got all mad when everyone was telling him to do suspension mods before doing body work. He got pissed and went to Zilvia of all places.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Contributing Member

I wonder how he did there.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Contributing Member

im sure he still got laughed at... i know i laughed at him when he was here!
Old 01-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Contributing Member

I beat a "professional raver" on beatmaniax @ Super twice in a row once. He got mad, he left.

I'm not knocking on newbie 15 year old drivers, but c'mon now. I hate when you get one that's like "I'm not even a 240 owner yet but I plan on going SR and LSD because I wanna drift and have a daily driver on 12kg springs with a S15 conversion and [here's the best part] I know how to drive!"

There is no substitute for experience, and no way in hell would you have a decent amount of experience @ 15... there might be some rare cases, but it's not common.

And then they get all pissed off like they're ****in' N.O.B. like that one dude Arctic Dragon is talking about ROFL
Old 01-17-2005, 06:40 PM
Contributing Member

Allot of people like that at my h.s. Think their skilled drivers yet they always wreck. But don’t worry guys; their rich daddies buy them 04' Sti's! and 350z's! Not to mention 05' Mustangs.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Contributing Member

I know some rich kid who got a brand new WRX as his first car (and he learned how to drive stick with it)... didn't last 3 months before he spun it into the freeway barrier at 80+
Old 01-17-2005, 09:24 PM

i dont see how being a professional raver makes you good at beatmania....hell theres a such thing "professional raver"? i mean hell the last time i played that game i swore there wasnt any glowsticks involved or x.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:46 AM

It drives me crazy to see a 15-16 year old get a brand new car for their first and not have to pay for any of it
Old 01-18-2005, 05:13 AM
Contributing Member

How the fruck do you spin a WRX on a freeway. It's not like there's a hell of a lot of sharp turns.
You guys will love this, one of the guys that I met at school has a BMW X5. For those that don't know this is a gas guzzling Beamer SUV. Retail is about 70K i believe. Yeah this kids father bought it for him so he could have it for school. When I first heard I literally cringed. Like imagine what you could do to a 240sx if you had 65-60K left over in your budget to spend on mods.

OK let me clear my name here. I'm not against all new drivers and rich people. I agree with l2aine in that there is no substitute for experience behind the wheel. However there are some new drivers that actually know what they are doing. These are the kids that have grown up racing karts in leauges and what not. But those kids are certainly not in the majority. I know I certainly sucked in the beginning. Also about the rich people, it's not like they're all stuck up just the large majority of them. It's very rare to find a humble rich person, and for each one of those there are 20 a$$holes.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:25 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Zephyr
i dont see how being a professional raver makes you good at beatmania....hell theres a such thing "professional raver"? i mean hell the last time i played that game i swore there wasnt any glowsticks involved or x.
LOL the point was he got Captain Feelings and left. I never said I was good at beatmaniax ROFL

Originally posted by twofotisx
How the fruck do you spin a WRX on a freeway. It's not like there's a hell of a lot of sharp turns.
You guys will love this, one of the guys that I met at school has a BMW X5. For those that don't know this is a gas guzzling Beamer SUV. Retail is about 70K i believe. Yeah this kids father bought it for him so he could have it for school. When I first heard I literally cringed. Like imagine what you could do to a 240sx if you had 65-60K left over in your budget to spend on mods.

OK let me clear my name here. I'm not against all new drivers and rich people. I agree with l2aine in that there is no substitute for experience behind the wheel. However there are some new drivers that actually know what they are doing. These are the kids that have grown up racing karts in leauges and what not. But those kids are certainly not in the majority. I know I certainly sucked in the beginning. Also about the rich people, it's not like they're all stuck up just the large majority of them. It's very rare to find a humble rich person, and for each one of those there are 20 a$$holes.
Like I said, there may be some rare cases - but your example of "kids with a kart racing background, etc." is different compared to the standard, fresh into high school, newbie driver that I was referring to.

Then again, maybe some kid (obviously with some $$$$ if they can kart race at 15) let's say he has 1-2 years of karting under his belt.

To me, that still doesn't = 1-2 years of driving a full-sized car on public roads, where there are unpredictable road and traffic conditions, cross-traffic, oncoming traffic, the occasional animal or two, wet weather or black ice, all-season tires, possible distractions such as passengers or a radio, controlling a car that is around 10 times the weight with less overall traction when compared to a kart... etc.

BTW he spun a WRX because he was speeding and wasn't looking far enough ahead... came up to the nback of some car and instead of letting off the gas to slow down, he tried to swerve into the other lane. He jerked the wheel, which was the beginning of the end... as if you had some experience, you'd know that jerking the wheel at high speeds is not a good thing to do.

So he totalled the WRX, felt sorry for himself, but he was a rich kid - so when he said he liked my old SE-R, I gave a selling price of about $3000 over it's value (I didn't want to sell it at the time) ...and he ended up buying it for $6k.

Guess where that $6k went to?
Old 01-18-2005, 06:34 AM
Contributing Member

POGS!!!
Old 01-18-2005, 10:41 AM

lol. so that is how jay got his S14.......

hahahahahaha. captain feelings. lmao.

<i>This is my right before leaving my house to "get in the zone, autozone" post.</i>
Old 01-18-2005, 11:21 AM
Contributing Member

They closed the Kragen by my house ;_; Dammit! And they had cheaper prices too!!!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by ArticDragon
They closed the Kragen by my house ;_; Dammit! And they had cheaper prices too!!!
maybe that's why the ended up closing LOL

Come to TAB already Edgar, get your damn stickers LOL
Old 01-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Contributing Member

I'm coming, damn, lol. I want my stickers. How do you remove old stickers though? I might wanna take off teh TougeFriends one since it's so much bigger in comparison to the Touge PIrate one.

Quick Reply: Good times