S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

**NEW to CLUB240** We would like to introduce ourselves!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Contributing Member

LMAO Turtle speed

i guess all the guys who shop there have tags that read 1sloEvo

lol
Old 07-06-2007, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by ryguy
Just curious, why is the name of your shop "Turtle Speed"? Or is that just a coincidence?

EDIT I just checked out their site (www.kamispeed.com) and they do have a lot of good and some rare stuff.
I think kami translates to god, godly or divine; turtle would be kame. kamispeed = godspeed???
Old 07-06-2007, 06:33 AM

Kami (神, Kami?) is the Japanese word for the spirits within objects in the Shinto faith. Although the word is sometimes translated as "god" or "deity," Shinto scholars point out that such a translation can cause a serious misunderstanding of the term (Ono, 1962). In some instances, such as Izanagi and Izanami, kami are personified deities, similar to the gods of ancient Greece or Rome. In other cases, such as those concerning the phenomenon of growth and natural objects, the spirits dwelling in trees, or forces of nature, translating "kami" exclusively as "god" or "deity" would be a gross mischaracterization. In this respect it is more similar to the Roman concept of Numina.

Kami may, at its root, simply mean 'spirit', or an aspect of spirituality. It is written with the kanji "神", Sino-Japanese reading shin or jin; in Chinese, the character is used to refer to various nature spirits of traditional Chinese religion, but not to the Taoist deities or the Supreme Being. An apparently cognate form, perhaps a loanword, occurs in the Ainu language as kamui and refers to an animistic concept very similar to Japanese kami.

Because Japanese does not normally distinguish singular and plural in nouns, it is sometimes unclear whether kami refers to a single or multiple entities. When a plural concept is absolutely necessary, the term "kami-gami" (神々, "kami-gami"?) or "kami-tachi" (神達, "kami-tachi"?) is used. The female form "megami" (女神, "megami"?) is very rare in Shinto, and is most commonly used in stories including miko gaining divine powers. It is often said that there are "yaoyorozu-no-kami (八百万の神, eight-million Kami?)—in Japanese the number "eight-million" is often used to imply infinity

I love Wikipedia sometimes...
-Stig
Old 07-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Contributing Member

Dude, I love reading stuff from Wikipedia. It's freakin' awesome.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:37 AM

Thanks for the full Definition.. LOL .. Thats Great.. You have to love Wikipedia!!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Contributing Member

It's all been established already people^

lol I just started laughing when I saw what Dave wrote because it reminded me of biggamehit's "when a simple yes or no is not an option" thing.