Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Sick of civic magazine racers.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 07:20 PM

Sick of civic magazine racers.

The guys are just too damn funny. Everytime I'm at work "check out this cool looking civic." Oh man I wanna puke. Aluminum wing, altezzas, roof scoop, fenders, 18's. OH JEEZ. COMON. Then they have the ***** to say it's FAST! They just dont get it. These guys w/ civics thing they're the ****. Revving their engines like they run in the NHRA. Basic mods.....Exhaust, Intake, Headers..... NOW for the looks. lol Heard of "all show no go?" Any kind of civic is AN ECONO CAR and that it! Im most MOST scenerios they're slow and rice. Everyone gets a civic. "so your gunna mod your car? " "yep, Civic" Makes me sick. Thought i'd vent. I have all these guys I work wish talking to me about cars and how fast civics can be. BELIEVE ME if a civic is as easy to get as fast as I want it.. I would have bought one. BUT what did I buy? Oh yeah 240sx. Damn jokers.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:40 PM
Contributing Member

Cool rant. Sorry about the co-workers.

Wrong section.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:06 PM
Contributing Member

Warning rant ahead. I can never figure out the idea behind "show" cars. Stupid rice boys. All I can ever figure to say is, cars have wheels and a motor. Use it! Go pretty up some dolls and display them instead "Hey, that Barbi has a JDM sister Stacy head conversion!"
Old 10-18-2002, 11:04 PM

Sorry, put this in OT for me. Forgot.
Old 10-19-2002, 03:17 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Limited240sx
Sorry, put this in OT for me. Forgot.
No problem that is why there are mods.

Damn JDM Barbie. Where can I get that? Will I get more points at the next show with it?
Old 10-19-2002, 03:22 PM
Contributing Member

I found her and she is my very own! No one will have a JDM Barbie like me! YEA!

God I need some sleep.
Old 10-20-2002, 07:25 PM

Originally posted by I'm with Stupid
Warning rant ahead. I can never figure out the idea behind "show" cars. Stupid rice boys. All I can ever figure to say is, cars have wheels and a motor. Use it! Go pretty up some dolls and display them instead "Hey, that Barbi has a JDM sister Stacy head conversion!"
i can. if the car is slow why not just make it up for looks.
Old 10-20-2002, 07:28 PM

Re: Sick of civic magazine racers.

Originally posted by Limited240sx
The guys are just too damn funny. Everytime I'm at work "check out this cool looking civic." Oh man I wanna puke. Aluminum wing, altezzas, roof scoop, fenders, 18's. OH JEEZ. COMON. Then they have the ***** to say it's FAST! They just dont get it. These guys w/ civics thing they're the ****. Revving their engines like they run in the NHRA. Basic mods.....Exhaust, Intake, Headers..... NOW for the looks. lol Heard of "all show no go?" Any kind of civic is AN ECONO CAR and that it! Im most MOST scenerios they're slow and rice. Everyone gets a civic. "so your gunna mod your car? " "yep, Civic" Makes me sick. Thought i'd vent. I have all these guys I work wish talking to me about cars and how fast civics can be. BELIEVE ME if a civic is as easy to get as fast as I want it.. I would have bought one. BUT what did I buy? Oh yeah 240sx. Damn jokers.
yeah civics suck. but it's not just civics that i hate, it's hondas in general. even in stock form i want to just puke when i see one. they all look the same to me in one way or another.
Old 10-20-2002, 07:32 PM
Contributing Member

complain all day long but hondas have one thing we don't have

numbers
Old 10-20-2002, 08:05 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Re: Sick of civic magazine racers.

Originally posted by boogeyman
yeah civics suck. but it's not just civics that i hate, it's hondas in general. even in stock form i want to just puke when i see one. they all look the same to me in one way or another.
A shame. A statement like that leads me to think that you are missing out on some good cars.

Oh yeah like it or not. APC, PEP BOYS, and Import Tuner put money in the pockets of people that run low numbers and show hot cars.

Those pesky Honda owners purchase the items. I can understand not liking them but there are some good jems out there.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:03 PM

Originally posted by rudeboy
complain all day long but hondas have one thing we don't have

numbers

Can't argue there. I've seen some fast civics in my life. But that doesn't make up for the other civics ive seen hehe
Old 10-20-2002, 10:56 PM

you shouldnt generalize and say civics suck. granted alot of them do, but not all. all cars have potential. ok maybe not a geo metro, but who knows. its all in how you look at it. to one guy all that "rice" is cool. why should that hurt you? he likes his car, you like your car. end of story.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:25 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by boro240
you shouldnt generalize and say civics suck. granted alot of them do, but not all. all cars have potential..... why should that hurt you?. end of story.
the fact of the matter is that people don't always do the right thing when "modifiying" their cars. when i see REAL RICE i laugh knowing my basically stock S13 will dog him/her out. spendin money on the wrong things these days and racin real drivers could prove fatal to ego.
i have a very regular lookin Honda. but its fun as Fu(k to drive.
especially since no money went into exterior mods
Old 10-21-2002, 12:16 AM

i have seen a fairly nice metro (nice used loosely)

195 hp to the ground, all on the something like 1400 lbs the geo weighs...pretty quick...
Old 10-21-2002, 12:40 AM
Contributing Member

damn! 195 to the wheels-thats crazy in a geo
cant the geo swap to a paseo motor?

Quick Reply: Sick of civic magazine racers.