NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

Individual Throttle Bodie !project!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 02:15 AM

maan thats what i wished for! ITBs with FI then u got a super motor, a wanabe skyline motor =0P... But sadly i dont know enough to do this.. im still learning.. but if i was a honda head,a properly tuned rear wheeled LS vtec and toda ITBs with a small snail is sex on an EF hatch =0P (i doubt anyone has though of this)
Old 10-06-2004, 09:59 AM

Originally posted by QR25DE
maan thats what i wished for! ITBs with FI then u got a super motor, a wanabe skyline motor =0P... But sadly i dont know enough to do this.. im still learning.. but if i was a honda head,a properly tuned rear wheeled LS vtec and toda ITBs with a small snail is sex on an EF hatch =0P (i doubt anyone has though of this)
although after spending the $$ needed to put itb's, fi, and building the motor on a ka24de, you could have yourself an rb26dett in the first place. oh well......yeah ive dreampt about a mid engined ef or crx, using either honda's new k series...250hp NA 2 liter with toda cams/header/exhaust/reflash , that would kick *** even in a 240sx! (ive also thought about putting the f20c into my 240sx, too damn expensive though at 4000$ for the motor/tranny/ecu) also dreampt of putting the vq35de from the altima or maxima into a crx......imagine 280hp280tq in a 2000lb car, driving the rear wheels, not to mention that sexy v6 sound....mmmmmmmm.....the itb's might be on by this weekend if all goes well, pics and updates coming soon.
-sage

....im having more trouble with the plenum that expected, its just a crapload of work not having a proper mold and having to re-do it and shape it to fit right.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:41 AM

maan i can't wait to see them on the KA! ...you know whats really sex? dual motor b16s in a crx both with toda ITBs and and Fi. Then ull have you self a honda crx pikes peak ver. >.<* !
Old 10-06-2004, 12:38 PM

Originally posted by QR25DE
maan i can't wait to see them on the KA! ...you know whats really sex? dual motor b16s in a crx both with toda ITBs and and Fi. Then ull have you self a honda crx pikes peak ver. >.<* !
heh no ****, altho instead of 2 b16's, how about 2 built hayabusa motors with the sequential transmissions, weighing like 150lbs each and making 250hp each?!?! or add FI to those, and make like 350hp each....... hehehehh.......somebody who is rich may do it someday, or when i have enough money and time.....
sage
Old 10-07-2004, 12:54 AM

hahahah seen it =0) infact... the new suzuki escudo liana(i forgot how its spelled) pikes peak version is similar! It's WAY! lighter than the old VITERA bodied escudo pikes peak...
Old 10-16-2004, 04:08 PM

been awhile since i updated, ive been really busy with school and other things, but have faith, the project is still underway!
ive been doing things slowly, one at a time. just got the iacv or whatever nissan calls it connected, so the computer will still be able to give fast idle when the car is cold
for my vac. solution, i will be using the egr ports on the bottom of the stock runners for vacuum. these will be hooked up to a big canister, serving dual duty as both my vacuum source for brake booster, fpr, vac guage, and pcv system, as well as being the inlet for my fast idle circuit.

dirty details
materials: two 3in. flat sewer pipe cap from home depot, 3ft of 3in diameter sewer pvc pipe, section of silicon hose to make gasket, and 4 2in bolts with washers and nuts.
Attached Thumbnails Individual Throttle Bodie !project!-picture478_16oct04.jpg  
Old 10-30-2004, 12:35 AM

started install! more updates 2morrow with hopefully better pics. so far have old manifold and everything out,
new one is in, modifying plenum a bit due to .......uh.....design difficulties!
Attached Thumbnails Individual Throttle Bodie !project!-picture515_30oct04.jpg  
Old 10-30-2004, 12:37 AM

another
Attached Thumbnails Individual Throttle Bodie !project!-picture516_30oct04.jpg  
Old 11-11-2004, 12:09 PM

how much did you say for the intercooler setup?
Old 11-13-2004, 09:02 PM

if you get anywhere near 200rwhp post what you have. if not
Old 11-13-2004, 10:31 PM

200rwhp?? are you kidding? i have low comp pistons and a jwt ecu with 50lb injectors and a cobra maf. those are the only mods on my car right now......im lucky if it has 160hp. used to be turbo...none of the mods for turbo translate very well over to NA power .so far ive been building up my suspension: tein he, tension rods, re-enforced front lower ctrl arms, front brace, frnt and rear stb's, and greg dupree subframe spacers. next thing is anti-roll bars and more bracing.
made a video yesterday with a friend if anybody cares to host it.......the car sounds like a cross between a wrx and a v8...... very distinctive. anyhow, next year im transferring to a 4 yr college in california (gonna have to smog the car ), so if anyones interested in my itb setup anytime in the next half year, let me know. entertaining offers around
600$.

who wants to hose the vid? its 1.5 megs.

Last edited by sage; 11-13-2004 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:32 AM

oh man..............so sexy...
Old 11-14-2004, 03:56 PM
Contributing Member

Someone host it! I wanna hear that beast.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:22 PM

Originally posted by sage
200rwhp?? are you kidding? i have low comp pistons and a jwt ecu with 50lb injectors and a cobra maf. those are the only mods on my car right now......im lucky if it has 160hp. used to be turbo...none of the mods for turbo translate very well over to NA power .so far ive been building up my suspension: tein he, tension rods, re-enforced front lower ctrl arms, front brace, frnt and rear stb's, and greg dupree subframe spacers. next thing is anti-roll bars and more bracing.
made a video yesterday with a friend if anybody cares to host it.......the car sounds like a cross between a wrx and a v8...... very distinctive. anyhow, next year im transferring to a 4 yr college in california (gonna have to smog the car ), so if anyones interested in my itb setup anytime in the next half year, let me know. entertaining offers around
600$.

who wants to hose the vid? its 1.5 megs.
didn't read all the stuff that was going on...thought you were building with high comp pistons as well. so all the money and time for 160...ehh
Old 11-15-2004, 12:16 AM
Contributing Member

He still has to build on it man. Give the man some time.

Quick Reply: Individual Throttle Bodie !project!