General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

wiring problem w/wipers and starting car

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 05:58 AM

wiring problem w/wipers and starting car

I hope that subject grabbed someones attention, as it's kinda hard to explain without explaining the whole thing, makes it difficult to search as well.

I have the option of getting an 89 for really really cheap. Like it would cost more to go out and eat at a resturant cheap.

it has more or less alot of body damage. That's something I can handle.

It also has a few electrical problems, while I could fiddle and fix, it's 7 degrees outside and well, too cold.

Getting to the point, when you FIRST start the car, then you rev up the engine (vroom, doesn't matter to what RPM), the windshield wipers will wipe away for a few times then stop.

This behavior is only exhibited upon first start up.

My ideas are bad relay, or a shorted wire somewhere.

It also has a problem keeping the battery charged, with a supposed good alternator. The owner's kid had installed a "stereo system" and let's just say this isn't his strongest area. I'm suspecting this to be the problem since he ghetto wired everything and the problem occured afterwards.

I'm mainly interested in any ideas you might have for the windshield wiper "problem"
Old 11-30-2004, 10:16 PM

I have the same prob with the windsheild thing. when i start up the car, it would wipe once. A few ppl told me its probably a shorted wire. iono, i still haven't solved the prob. any suggestions?
Old 12-01-2004, 02:39 AM

Originally posted by Sirikool
I have the same prob with the windsheild thing. when i start up the car, it would wipe once. A few ppl told me its probably a shorted wire. iono, i still haven't solved the prob. any suggestions?
i wonder if this is a semi-common thing for 89's..

i also wonder where the short could be located.. I need to get me a manual to look over the wiring schematics. those are always fun.