General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

The Top Dogs of the SR's and KA's

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 08:54 PM

The Top Dogs of the SR's and KA's

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or missed some. (cause I know I have)
SR20DET

1. Travis Burrelle
661 HP
583 Ft-lb
Dyno Sheet
Picture of setup

2. Rhombus
632whp 432ft-lb @ 27psi
500whp 346ft-lb @ 20psi
Rhombus Dyno Sheet
Dyno Video

3. Shaun T. (Project SRX-1)
545.1 whp @ 26 psi

4. Enjuku Racing
544.2whp

5. Enthalpy (Scott Avoy)
539whp and 414.3 ft-lbs
Enthalpy Dyno Sheet

6. Phase2Motortrend
526.5whp
Phase2 Dyno sheet

7. Matt V.
510whp

that's all I can think of?

KA24(D)ET's

1. PhatKA-T's KA
638whp
599 ft-lb
Phat KA-T's dyno sheet
Phat KA-T's Dyno run

2. Rick (KA-T.org)
533 hp
418 ft-lb @26psi
Rick Dyno sheet

3. Duy (Ka-T.org)
532 rwhp
406 ft-lbs
(with a 75 shot)
Dyno sheet
Track run...9's

That's all I know...anyone else know of anymore? I hope to be up on the SR list soon

Last edited by Fireplug; 04-30-2005 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:04 AM

how about a RB swap list
Old 03-31-2005, 10:06 AM

I don't know of the top guys with RB's? I know Underground has the RB26 S14....but I don't know what kind of power it's making?
Old 03-31-2005, 04:12 PM
Contributing Member

Not fair. 6 cyclinders vs 4 cyclindrs. Leave it at SR and KA, and maybe bring in the CA.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Contributing Member

Yes CA would be nice
Old 04-01-2005, 10:34 AM

You guys know of any CA people pushing the 500+whp range?
Old 04-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Contributing Member

Nope
Hey Fire you think youll be up there?
Old 04-11-2005, 09:23 PM

The one thing you failed to mention fireplug is that half of those KA's are on stock internals. All of those sr's were internally built, I believe PHATKA-T blew out the stock internals, and has done an internal build since with more HP...........
That shows there is no replacement for displacement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Contributing Member

I don't think he's putting any of the KA down man, he's just stating numbers.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:14 PM

Yeah but all the sr top dogs can only compete when they do the internal work. There is an expression you gotta give credit where credit is due.......
If fireplug is going to show the top dogs of the SR, he might as well state what made them the top dogg, that way you can desipher the potential of the top doggs, they are after all contenders........
Showing KA's that aren't maxed out to there potential with internal work isn't letting noobs decide what engine they would "REALLY" wan't.......
It cost those KA guy's half as much as the sr guy's to achieve that much power.....
Those are the "FACTS"!!!!!!!!!
Fireplug is an SR guy and I respect that, I'm a KA guy, so this isn't a debate, simply differences in OPINION.......

Last edited by BigVinnie; 04-11-2005 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:26 PM

Yeah but all the sr top dogs can only compete when they do the internal work. There is an expression you gotta give credit where credit is due.......
If fireplug is going to show the top dogs of the SR, he might as well state what made them the top dogg, that way you can desipher the potential of the top doggs, they are after all contenders........
Then allow me to give credit where it is do...4 of the listed SR20's were done on a COMPLETELY stock bottom end...showing that they haven't even forged their internals yet to start really digging for power...not bad for an Aluminum block...not even cast iron..I might as well have stated what made them top dog? ok, the ability to push that much rwhp with stock bottom end is what made them be there... Feel free to check Enjuku's site and Phase2's website or ask enthalpy...they'll tell you the same thing.
Enjuku racing's was done on stock bottom end
Phase2motortrends was done on stock bottom end
Shaun T's was done on stock bottom end
Enthalpy's was done on stock bottom end

That only leaves 2 SR's on that list that had pistons and/or rods that were aftermarket in them...Matt V's and Rhombus's SR.

Edit: And yes, I will be on that list this summer!

Last edited by Fireplug; 04-12-2005 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:52 PM

My point was that the only SR "true" top dog was Rhombus with forged internals at 8.1 compression, that sr is well built..........
I hope that your 9.1 compression can compete on that level, Fireplug you wont have the additional volumetric space in the chamber for extremly high boosting like rhombus has........
But if you pull it off I will bow down and give you extremely MAD PROPS........Good luck on yur build player...........
Old 04-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Contributing Member

I had a question on the SRs. Are those SRs daily driven? Are they run at the drag strip, drifting, or for road racing? Or were they just dyno ******? Just to show the reliability of those stock bottom end SRs. I bid you the best of luck on your project Fireplug.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:02 PM

Originally posted by BigVinnie
My point was that the only SR "true" top dog was Rhombus with forged internals at 8.1 compression, that sr is well built..........
I hope that your 9.1 compression can compete on that level, Fireplug you wont have the additional volumetric space in the chamber for extremly high boosting like rhombus has........
But if you pull it off I will bow down and give you extremely MAD PROPS........Good luck on yur build player...........
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying? How is the only "true" top dog rhombus? Because he has forged internals? It doesn't make any sense with your last post, in your last post you said most of the KA's were not touched internally...so since they too aren't forged they aren't "true" top dogs of KA's either right!?!

Why would you hope my SR to run "on the same level" as Rhombus's? I'm not looking for that crazy of hp numbers in my car. I don't like the idea of my SR being compared to Rhombus's. I bumped my compression up to 9.0:1 knowing that it'd be ok with my hp range...it's been proven time and time again. I'll be able boost 28-30 psi with my 62-1 on race gas. A good # of SR's that Enthalpy has tuned (Matt Vass's included) are running a 9.0:1 compression and are well into the 500whp range. Also, the local shop here has tuned a 2G eclipse with 9.0:1 CP pistons, 272 cams, and a 62-1 to 475whp no problem...I'll be sure to post up my numbers when it's all said and done.

Originally posted by ArticDragonI had a question on the SRs. Are those SRs daily driven? Are they run at the drag strip, drifting, or for road racing? Or were they just dyno ******? Just to show the reliability of those stock bottom end SRs. I bid you the best of luck on your project Fireplug.
I can only answer that to the best of my knowledge. And this is what I'm aware of.

Enthalpy's car: Not daily driven? I think it's more or less his weekend warrior.

Enjuku Racing's car: That's their track car, not daily driven (obviously..it's a company car)
It's their drag car

Matt V's car: Daily driven, it runs off of an Enthalpy rom tune to the ecu.

Rhombus's car: In one of his posts he said it was very streetable and fun to drive so I assume it's his daily driver when weather permits.

Phase2motortrend's car: Again, another shop car and not daily driven.
I'm not sure whether they drag it or drift...I really haven't heard of them doing anything with it?!!
My 240 is my daily driver during the summer. It will be 100% driven to and from work and school during the summer months and taken to the track accordingly. This is only because I don't have another "nice" beater car like everybody above to drive instead of my 240. Thanks for the props on my project guys I'll keep you updated!

Btw: I did not make this post to compare the KA against the SR...I did not mean it to show the # of strong KA's vs. the # of strong SR's, I just thought it'd be nice to have a compiled list of the guys who have pushed their KA's and SR's beyond the 500whp limit...Those were the only 2 KA's that I could think of off hand that had reached that power level...if there are others please feel free to tell me so I can put them up there. Also, if anyone knows of anyone that has pushed their ca's or RB's past the 500whp range feel free to post and I'll slap it up there.

Last edited by Fireplug; 04-12-2005 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:42 PM

Originally posted by Fireplug
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying? How is the only "true" top dog rhombus? Because he has forged internals? It doesn't make any sense with your last post, in your last post you said most of the KA's were not touched internally...so since they too aren't forged they aren't "true" top dogs of KA's either right!?!

Sorry to make it so confusing........
All I ment was that with forged internals, and the products that rhombus was using he has the "highest rear wheel HP making him the ultimate top dog of the sr's.......
Didn't mean to make it so confusing.......
As long as you use 110octane, or E85, boosting to 28-30 psi shouldn't be a problem for your engine..... But how streetable "smogable" do you plan to make this engine???????????
It isn't fair at the same time to show the SR's and KA's that aren't built up either.......
You and I both know an internally built engine of any kind on FI will dominate a stock internal engine...
That is the only reason why I interviened in this post......
You should seperate internally built engines from, stock engines. No way can stock oem compete with forged internally built engines.......
I just say this because this forum was designed to teach noobs, how to build some crazy shiat........
Not trying to offend you I think what you are doing is great.......
One last question for ya.........
What EMS are you going to use for your engine, I'm interested to know what you are getting into.........

Quick Reply: The Top Dogs of the SR's and KA's