General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Some EXTREAM advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 10:10 PM

Some EXTREAM advice needed

ok, i got into a wreck on the 26th of Sep. and im getting a check form the insurance company, it will probabl be right at 2k. the wreck was in the front end, kinda wacked the alignmentand the engine back.. but it still drives and is easy to fix.

should i take the money, fix whats wrong and take the extra to fix up the little minor junk wrong with it, or should i take it and do a sr20det front clip?

the clip sounds more apaling to me now, but i dont know how, long the car will be down, and with my scheduel, i cant have it down for more than a few days...
Old 10-14-2002, 10:31 PM
Contributing Member

all right here.
logically speaking, the clip will take a week to arrive so you're already more then a few days down.

if you're engine is not aligned right anymore then you may have more serious problems wrong after a few hundred miles of vibration.

#3- if you can find a front clip for around $2000 shipped let me know.
I.M. me rude240-

wiring the new harness is $100 at www.srswap.com that'll take a week or so(they claim)- and both harnesses

parts plus labor will cost you around $2000 at a shop to repair damage at a shop but will still take longer then a few days---unless you have connects

#6stop thinkin bout a few days

go with the clip and take the bus. but that will take time.

sorry to hear about the car
Old 10-15-2002, 03:22 AM
Contributing Member

I would just fix the car and keep the leftover money for a savings to put towards a clip.

I know there are shops that can get a swap done in three days around here but there is a week wait for the clip and there was that strike in CA which has pushed delivery times up.

You could still have a good amount of money left if you just fix the frame damage and nothing cosmetic. That way you can get the front clip later and do the cosmetic and engine.

I say wait a little longer.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:39 AM
Contributing Member

I agreen with Stan. Get the car running properly and do enhancements as possible and then you'll still be better off than before.