General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Some dumbass crashed.. but i have a quest.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Contributing Member

I'd drift it.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:55 PM
Contributing Member

Well, you can brake, but before you come into a turn, you want to get in the proper gear (Downshift) and slow down to adequate turning speed, then full throttle though the exit. Govern your speed by throttle control, rather than braking.

Bet you this kid was trying to drift his FF. You know how some drifters have different sets of tires on the rear for however their setup is? I think he's trying to mimic that, only he has no idea why they are different rims/tires.

I'm pretty sure he e-braked it. It's VERY hard to get an FF to turn like that otherwise. If you slam the brakes, it's possible, also with the ****ty grip wheel/tire packaged rims have it MAY be the case, but looks to me as though it was e-braked.

What an idiot. Coulda killed someone.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:08 AM

Alright not to sound like an *** hole, but this is really a ***** *** thread. I kick it with catz that can kill themselves, and me being one of those idiots. This is one of my friend's, evil E. Lets not show picks of gay honda's after this OOOOKKKKK......
This is some real shiat!!!!
This car has a branch caught in the rear wheel well from FLYING 9 feet in the air.. EVIL E lived I picked hm up from the accident.
Warning to children....Street racing is GAY!!!!!!!!!!

Name:  Picture050.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  101.4 KB
Old 11-19-2005, 08:05 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Initial Daniel

It's VERY hard to get an FF to turn like that otherwise.
I have to disagree~ I've 180'd an '88 Ford Taurus on a highway on ramp before. I turned it completely on the ramp without hitting the sides/curbs until I was exactly facing the wrong way. (going too fast, trail-braking, 4 in the morning a long long time ago) go find yourself a big parking lot next time or an un-patrolled steady curve [have lookouts if you go with this option, DUH]. Take an Altima or any other FF car and fly at it doing 50 or more, brake late~ trail braking into the turn and slowly increasing brake pressure until you're about to hit the apex. Jab down (almost like slamming on the brakes but not actually doing it) with even more pressure on the brakes just as you hit the apex, and I guarantee you the rear will swing right out.

And Big V, holy wow~ your buddy is lucky to have walked away from that.

Last edited by CowboyTurbo; 11-19-2005 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:37 AM

Originally posted by CowboyTurbo

And Big V, holy wow~ your buddy is lucky to have walked away from that.
My boy E crawled out of the passenger side window. The car rolled a few times. He said the only thing that saved his life was the side airbag, if that didn't go off he said he would of died from the tumble and the ceiling of the car snapping his neck.
The irony of this whole street race was that he was racing 2 off duty police officers, one in a ford cobra, and the other in a VW GTI, supposedly they played dirty and ran him off the road. Clocked speed was about 110MPH in a 30MPH zone.......
Old 11-19-2005, 08:49 AM

damn that sucks so the cops just kept on driving?
Old 11-19-2005, 08:59 AM

No they were trying to rat my friend off claiming that he was racing past them at high speeds. I believe they were junior officers from ages 18~22. The cop that filed the report at the scene was trying to get questions out of my friend that he obviously wasn't going to get him. The next day we took those pics, there were investigators at the towing yard trying to ask 101questions, they asked why was the transmission stuck in 4th gear in a 30MPH zone. E claimed "I don't know, the wreck jumble my head" speech. E then laughed and said why don't you measure the tread mark on the road. (Funny thing is there was under 2 feet of tread marking before he hit the curb and flew in the air). The investigators couldn't compile any data on what his rate of speed was without the braking length......
So yeah an overall win for my boy he collected a $18,000 insurance check. This wasn't the first time he wrecked that car either, it was the second time.....

Last edited by BigVinnie; 11-19-2005 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Contributing Member

mebbe you should suggest to your boy E not to push his luck too much further... but then again if he likes living on the wild side, that's his perogative. Just hope he doesn't endanger other people...
Old 11-20-2005, 04:12 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BigVinnie
No they were trying to rat my friend off claiming that he was racing past them at high speeds. I believe they were junior officers from ages 18~22. The cop that filed the report at the scene was trying to get questions out of my friend that he obviously wasn't going to get him. The next day we took those pics, there were investigators at the towing yard trying to ask 101questions, they asked why was the transmission stuck in 4th gear in a 30MPH zone. E claimed "I don't know, the wreck jumble my head" speech. E then laughed and said why don't you measure the tread mark on the road. (Funny thing is there was under 2 feet of tread marking before he hit the curb and flew in the air). The investigators couldn't compile any data on what his rate of speed was without the braking length......
So yeah an overall win for my boy he collected a $18,000 insurance check. This wasn't the first time he wrecked that car either, it was the second time.....
lol...yea...just get used to it if your a driving enthusiast crashing is just a part of life...ive rolled twice in the past 2 months...neither of which i where i was driving the car...first one we flew off a mountain at around 90...flew a good 10-15 feet in the air, landed on a boulder which desroyed the hatch and rolled maybe 6-7 times...everybody was fine...second time was off a mountain as well but we were going slower and we didnt get any air just rolled 7 times...
Old 11-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Ayuaddict
lol...yea...just get used to it if your a driving enthusiast crashing is just a part of life...ive rolled twice in the past 2 months...neither of which i where i was driving the car...first one we flew off a mountain at around 90...flew a good 10-15 feet in the air, landed on a boulder which desroyed the hatch and rolled maybe 6-7 times...everybody was fine...second time was off a mountain as well but we were going slower and we didnt get any air just rolled 7 times...
Good God... no offense to your buddies, but you gotta find some friends that aren't going to put you in those situations. Crashing is a part of automotive enthusiasm, but you can only push your luck so far...
Old 11-20-2005, 09:10 PM

Originally posted by CowboyTurbo
Good God... no offense to your buddies, but you gotta find some friends that aren't going to put you in those situations. Crashing is a part of automotive enthusiasm, but you can only push your luck so far...
I've got faith in Darwin.

Coming from an FF car with worked suspension (coilovers, sways, etc) and 265fwhp, I can tell you it's absolutlely easy as hell to cause an FF car to oversteer like that. With my Hotchkiss adjustable rear sway set to Track and my rear damping adjusted harder than usual, it was very possible for me to steer the car with the throttle at the racetrack. If I lifted even a little bit off the throttle during a turn, the rear would start to drift out slightly, but rolling back on the throttle brought it right back in line. More abrupt throttle chop afforded me more oversteer, but always very controllable (until I spun it ) I really enjoyed the track session I did with the rear set like that, but putting it back to my optimal specs afforded significantly faster lap times next session.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:40 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by IMPerfection
I've got faith in Darwin.

Coming from an FF car with worked suspension (coilovers, sways, etc) and 265fwhp, I can tell you it's absolutlely easy as hell to cause an FF car to oversteer like that. With my Hotchkiss adjustable rear sway set to Track and my rear damping adjusted harder than usual, it was very possible for me to steer the car with the throttle at the racetrack. If I lifted even a little bit off the throttle during a turn, the rear would start to drift out slightly, but rolling back on the throttle brought it right back in line. More abrupt throttle chop afforded me more oversteer, but always very controllable (until I spun it ) I really enjoyed the track session I did with the rear set like that, but putting it back to my optimal specs afforded significantly faster lap times next session.
there's a fine line between faith and ignorance. Besides, I was referring to Ayuaddict's post~ driving hard on a track is what you're supposed to do. Flying off mountains at 90 mph or anywhere near that~ well, that's kinda just asking for it.

*edit* as for spinning in a FF, yeah, that's exactly what I was saying in my previous posts in this thread.

Last edited by CowboyTurbo; 11-21-2005 at 05:42 AM.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Contributing Member

lol yea...**** happens....you learn....you grow more mature...less **** happens