General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

so i was at an empty parking lot last night.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Contributing Member

Re: so i was at an empty parking lot last night.

Originally posted by JTgoesWoof
so i was at an empty parking lot last night and i just had that urge ("hey i have one of those 240s so let's see if drifting is really as fun as i heard")

Just because you have a 240 doesn't mean you can drift, be safe.
Originally posted by JTgoesWoof
i dont have a drift bible and id ont know where to get one, so...can someone teach me how to drift? or tell me a place where i can just read/watch and learn so i can pop my cherry? the one i've been hungering to pop. someone help me, i'm ready.
And you can't "be taught how to drift" Its an art, it must be aquired.

Some advice. Don't try it on the streets, you could hurt yourself, or someone else around you.

If you REALLY want to learn, take a "defensive driving" class at a proffesional school. And tell them your interested in drifting.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:33 AM
Contributing Member

^^ hey guy hold ur horses, she didnt say that she was a drifter, if u read she was asking ways to "aquire the skill"

ur right, its not something that can be totaly taught , u kinda have it in you or not and have the drive to wanna get better.

(JTgoes) if u are worred about tires wearing out and or possibly hurting ur car, get out befor u get started.

To the thread starter feel free to pm me about any other questions.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:51 AM
Contributing Member

^^ hope i diddn't come off as a jerk there.

I simply meant to say be careful, because i have a lot of friends who think just because they have RWD they can drift.

They end up hurting themselves, therecars, and other people.

but if your serious about learning, DRIFT AWAY!
Old 06-05-2005, 11:16 PM

w00t, drifting is great man, but definately take it slowww, i've gotten to the point where i can take my hands off the wheel after initaiting a slide so the wheels just line themselves up, its like second nature to me(dont do this!!!) but then again i did learn my ways in the holy land of drifting(OKI!!!)
haha, man i love clutch poping! sooo quick response, i want to keep my ride running so i guess i'll have to go back to some of my ff skills for the drifting goodness
Old 06-06-2005, 07:58 AM

Originally posted by Cape 240
^^ hope i diddn't come off as a jerk there.

I simply meant to say be careful, because i have a lot of friends who think just because they have RWD they can drift.

They end up hurting themselves, therecars, and other people.

but if your serious about learning, DRIFT AWAY!
But you "can't learn it because it is an 'art' and must be aquired" Lol, that is the gayest thing I have ever heard. Drifting is a sport, they have competitions. You dont see artists having painting competitions. You can learn how to do it dude. Just search around online. There are many different techniques on how to do it. Just make sure when you try you are in an open area and there is no pedestrians around to possibly injure.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by th3br4d
But you "can't learn it because it is an 'art' and must be aquired" Lol, that is the gayest thing I have ever heard. Drifting is a sport, they have competitions. You dont see artists having painting competitions. You can learn how to do it dude. Just search around online. There are many different techniques on how to do it. Just make sure when you try you are in an open area and there is no pedestrians around to possibly injure.
I diddn't say you couldn't learn it. I just meant that it can't simply be taught over watching videos, reading, and discussing it in forums (although this is a big part). IT must be aquired (learned) over much practice.

Lets end the discussion, i don't want this to turn into an argument.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Contributing Member

Cape ur cool with me i was just making sure our new comer didnt feel like she was getting bashed for wanting to get sideways.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:26 PM

exactly. thank you bigg. and cape, if you tell me i can't use my 240 as a reason for learning it, youre an *** hole. i want to learn how to drift, not be taught a lesson on how dangerous it is. shyt, man. hahaha anyways, sorry cape. I'm just frustrated and desperate. whoever lives in the L.A. area and has time, pm me!!
Old 06-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Contributing Member

no prob JT

gotdammit where are the girl drifter/240 owners in the MD area
Old 06-08-2005, 07:59 PM

haha i know what you mean
Old 06-09-2005, 01:56 AM

you're from okinawa? awesome, i've visited..i lived in tokyo. my friend who used to live in oki before tokyo said that cars/parts down there were crazy cheap and abundant..did you live on a base?
Old 06-09-2005, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by tte-chan
you're from okinawa? awesome, i've visited..i lived in tokyo. my friend who used to live in oki before tokyo said that cars/parts down there were crazy cheap and abundant..did you live on a base?
wait lol. who are you talking to?
Old 06-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Contributing Member

^^ i second that
Old 06-10-2005, 08:14 AM

to R. Rabbit...he said hes from the holy land of drifting (OKI!)...i dono how to do quotes my bad
Old 06-10-2005, 01:40 PM

Originally posted by tte-chan
oh yeah, cars are super cheap down there, i lived off base, on top of this hill that was actually a touge spot! it was fun as hell racing to work