General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

S13

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 03:18 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Re: Re: An objective perspective

Originally posted by WingsNThangs
In other words, for this point, it comes down to how much of an attention ***** you want to be. S13 Silvia front end for those who want the oohs and aahs in the parking lot, custom HIN-worthy front ends for the more dedicated.

I doubt the drag coefficient in each front end plays a significant role, considering how fast most 240SXes are.
As if HIN style isn't "attentionwhoring" too?

IMO having a completely different front end (i.e. Silvia JDM) shows dedication to your car also... unless it's a H/A car who has to put front end parts from other manufacturers just to look different

Thank God there's rarely any Nissans with Honda lights on them. Brand loyalty baby!
Old 11-12-2003, 07:02 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Re: Re: An objective perspective

Originally posted by WingsNThangs
I doubt the drag coefficient in each front end plays a significant role, considering how fast most 240SXes are.
Ouch! touché!

I think getting into coeffecients of friction is totally not even close to this dude's question, lol. If you're looking to get rid of the pop ups you can get the eastbear kit, that would be pretty damn rare.

Dr.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:22 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: An objective perspective

Originally posted by l2aine
As if HIN style isn't "attentionwhoring" too?
Ummm....it is, in the purest form. I think you missed my point. Let me break it down:

S13 front end is, in a way, a lesser form of attention whoring. Attention whoring can range to higher levels to those with higher dedication to attention whoring. People at HIN are attention ******. They dump more money for this cause. They are more dedicated attention ****** relative to those who arbitarily slap on the S13 Silvia front end.

Need I explain myself further?
Old 11-12-2003, 04:29 PM
Contributing Member

I gotcha man... I don't knock the HIN people because I know the time and effort (and of course $$) it takes to build up a show car, but I personally are more of the "driver" type therefore I lean towards function over fashion when it comes to cars. I used to drive a 13-second daily-driven 200SX SE-R with full interior / full audio / street tires, and I know 13's isn't fast nowadays but the only thing on the OUTSIDE that might hint that it's "non-stock" would be my JDM front bumper. Took out a lot of Camaro's and Mustang Gt's that way

I think the JDM front end route would get more attention from those who know what it is than your average person on the street. To them it would be something like, "what's that... hmm." whereas to us it would be more like, "Oooh... Silvia square/2 projector / 3 projector front end".
Old 11-14-2003, 12:43 PM

Could somone tell me what the lazy eye mode is
Never herd of it
Old 11-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by JDM3
Could somone tell me what the lazy eye mode is
Never herd of it
NOT TRYING TO BE A D*CK

search for sleepy or lazy eyes...u will find out that way. Learn to search..its a very helpful tool
Old 11-14-2003, 02:51 PM

"Lazy" aka "Sleepy" eyes is when the pop-up headlights only flip up paritally, giving the impresssion of "eyes"(headlights) being half open. This could be achieved manually or electronically, as the electric method would require modification in the circuits. It is a modification affiliated with show purposes only.

IMO, unless you modify the sleepy eyes so you can safely drive at night in that mode, it looks like your car has Down syndrome. No personal offense to those with it of course.