General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

RHD conversion questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 03:27 AM
Contributing Member

the point is to be different... to make his car look different than all of the other cars around... like i have said before... how many 240s on this board look almost toatally alike... same wheels same tires same suspentions... only thing different is the color...

i dont think it is lame if the guy wants his car to be different than every other 240 you see running around... if this is what he wants and i have infoormation to help him why not give him that info and let him decide if he can do it or not...
Old 11-02-2005, 12:29 PM

Thats exactly it i do want to be different and also i am only 16 so why not do it. Thanks for the help wikd240
Old 11-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by wikd240
the point is to be different... to make his car look different than all of the other cars around... like i have said before... how many 240s on this board look almost toatally alike... same wheels same tires same suspentions... only thing different is the color...

i dont think it is lame if the guy wants his car to be different than every other 240 you see running around... if this is what he wants and i have infoormation to help him why not give him that info and let him decide if he can do it or not...
For the same amount of money moving your steering wheel to the mailman position you could buy different wheels and different parts than whatever it is you see. Some of the "similar" stuff (identical wheels, etc) is identical for a reason - people buy them because they work for their intended purpose, not because they feel a need to be "different". IMO the need to feel different thing is most commonly seen on cars that aren't even driven - i.e. HIN crowd.

FN01-RC? Common. Why? Good offset, good price, good track performance. Nismo Motor Mounts? Common. Why? Best choice for both performance and price. I dunno, maybe you're more looks than driving - in that case having a RHD would make you feel better.

But if it's what you want then go for it... and don't get defensive just because Vinnie was the first one to question your idea... because he beat me to it

Good luck with the conversion
Old 11-05-2005, 03:33 PM

Yes i still do have some RHD parts avail including a firewall. PM me if you are interested.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by 240sx89
Thats exactly it i do want to be different and also i am only 16 so why not do it. Thanks for the help wikd240
Not to bust your *****...
But for being 16 then do you have a fulltime job making over $50,000 a year???? Your gonna need it for the pointless conversion, because that is what they cost these days. For being 16 your defenitley not an engineer that will do it yourself either.

If you want to be different put some dayton rims on that 240, with some big fuzzy dice on your rear view mirror. Thats cheap, yet almost within your price range...... LOL

Last edited by BigVinnie; 11-08-2005 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Contributing Member

come on guys you cant knock the guy 4 wanting to rhd HIS car, I mean i wouldnt do it to my car but thats me and this is him and his car . i say do what ever u want, its your car and not anyone else's.
any way its a good way to learn about your car.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:00 PM

when it comes time to try and sell that rhd 240 will there be a market for it? i know your 16 and this is going to be your baby until you die and you are never going to sell it but try putting a carseat in the backseat and some groceries in the trunk (yeah it aint going to happen). chances are you will sell it one day and when that day comes and nobody wants to buy it and you have to sell it for a lot less then you put into doing that conversion that will hurt. at least when you spend money on rims one day you have the option of taking those off the 240 and putting them on your hot new pimped out minivan.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:04 PM

think about the practicality of it too. say for instance you pull up to the drive threw at McDonalds or an atm machine and you're the only one in the car...me sitting behind you in my car would think that was pretty funny.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by dkdeleon
come on guys you cant knock the guy 4 wanting to rhd HIS car, I mean i wouldnt do it to my car but thats me and this is him and his car . i say do what ever u want, its your car and not anyone else's.
any way its a good way to learn about your car.
He can do whatever he wants to his car - RHD JDM Tightness or what not - but he's on a 240sx forum and if a lot of us disagree with him idea or question his motivation (which I bet it's a JDM tyte thing above all) then we will post it.

If he wants a bunch of BS *** kissing and praise for something he plans to do that he wants to feel unique when if he searched he would have found out that it has been done already a lot of times and he won't be any more JDM speshal then he shouldn't come here. He shoud go to HIN forum or NOPI.

Now seriously - there's no practical reason to go RHD in this country on a daily driven car other than JDM Tyteness.

Or a postal delivery job. And I bet he's not a mailman.

And spending all that money just to convert to RHD? Then what? What do you got? It's still STOCK. No performance upgrade, no ease of driving. When it comes down to it, it's all for looks. And the most common "enthusiast" who does things for looks? HIN crowd. FNF crowd.

So yay you're driving from the right side of your car. I hope your left handed because driving stick with your left hand is a lot easier that way.

But it's still STOCK LOL.

$1k+ for all the parts to convert to RHD. But tint your windows and no one will see, no one will care. You spent $ to feel "JDM speshal".

That's my opinion. Your thoughts may vary.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:11 PM

The reason why I'm being the "dick" in this thread is because I am open to opinion. I take into consideration other peoples opinion. The majority of the people that discuss this issue usually tend to move towards the (why waste your money on a $2000 dollar car) opinion, or (look at that fuc%in' punk kid that is truly an idiot for driving on the wrong side of the road, this isn't europe) opinion. Believe me I am saying this to save you the trouble from the majority of the people that hate JDM TYTE B.S.
I am not god , just the majority of the opinion. Understand it, and respect it, or be flamed......

Last edited by BigVinnie; 11-09-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:12 PM

go l2aine that was nice like everything i wanted to say but couldn't
Old 11-09-2005, 10:38 PM
Contributing Member

Vinnie... chill out man. if he wants to do it's that's fine... i bet you it ain't gonna happen but instead of saying it's pointless just focus on the price factor and the time factor and the 16 factor. he'll get the point.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:40 AM
Contributing Member

rewind - who said he was 16? The first "16" in this thread is Vinnie making a reference
Old 11-10-2005, 09:16 AM

japenese engines that is located in paterson nj have an entire s13 frontclip for sale including the engine
Old 11-10-2005, 10:03 AM

i think this kid left the forum never to return again.

Quick Reply: RHD conversion questions