General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Parts on... ready to roll...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 04:46 PM

Parts on... ready to roll...

I never did want to do any real work to the KA engine... as it turns out... it needed it. In order to make it last to June (when i get the SR) i took last weeks paycheck and dumped alot of money into my car, engine wise. I finished off my project with relocating the gel cell optima battery to the trunk, the custom intake is on (relocated to where battery formerly was) Apexi Powercore filter, i installed the N1 catback. The s14 dummy cat was put on and i hand ported and polished the headers, TB and intake mani. I had nismo engine and tranny mounts and put them on too. New o2 sensors were installed and i removed the AC. I bought the timing chain and a nismo exhaust camshaft (248degree). They will be going on this weekend. Also the tranny was dropped in favor of a rebuild, new gaskets and universal B&M shift plate. I have to say over all, the car is running really strong, throttle response is at an all time insane greatness... and ive noticed alot more pull up top too. The 3 inch N1 is LOUD! I can't wait to put the cam in there... (i can't beleive im doing this to my KA!) Anyways, a question to you guys/girls out there, anybody think i can keep up with an integra type R now? this guy wants to run it with me really bad, i keep telling him to wait till i get my SR, but maybe now i have somewhat of a chance in a 1/4 mile run, wadda ya think?
Old 11-07-2002, 06:01 PM
Contributing Member

Question drift.......what do you think of the Nismo mounts and how much did you pay for em? Where did you get em? I'm gonna get them myself for the swap and wanted to get some feedback. As for the ITR.......theres really only one way to find out right? I say he'll prolly still win, but you should give him a run for his money. Do you have LSD? I think that with you current mods when finshed would put you in the 14.9-15.1 1/4 mile range. Still not fast enough to be a Type R, but your getting there.
Old 11-07-2002, 06:27 PM

Hey thanks for the feed back, u know ima be rippin it! No LSD though . i got the mounts from a friend who totalled his 95 240. he had mad parts laying around. if u need any thing let me know. I bought them off him for 80 bucks and a 6 pack. I know JSPEC has them, not sure for how much though. I was pretty nervous that tehy wouldn't work with the KA motor, but they fit in PERFECT! all in all, there is a little more vibration inside the car, but i did notice a difference accelration wise, the car feels more solid (hard to explain). I dunno if the car would react different if i had the 5spd in or if i had an SR in there... probably the same type of differences. good luck with the swap!
Old 11-07-2002, 06:32 PM
Contributing Member

Of course man! What else does he have performance-wise? JSPEC wants $280 for the mounts.....yikkkes! Your a lucky man gettin your hands on those jammies. What I could really use are some adjustable rear upper arms. But I know its prolly a long shot that he has em. My camber is shot and its the last thing I need to address b4 I go with the swap.

If you could, give me list of things he has and wants to sell. I know its prolly a lot of stuff but I appreciate it.

By the way, your sig, 151 wouldn't have anything to do with one of my favorite shots would it?
Old 11-07-2002, 06:39 PM

I'll get in touch with him tonite and see what else he has... ill def. get back to you, i dunno what he has left i know hes been dealing with alot of people his car WAS pretty popular around here. ohh and yes... the 151 happens to be one of my favs also
Old 11-07-2002, 07:12 PM
Contributing Member

the integra makes dick for torque. i'm guessing you'd prolly take him until he starts to rev high. that's one of the advatages of our truck motor.

i'd also like to see the list of parts
Old 11-07-2002, 08:00 PM

spitz, u want to see a list of parts from my boys 95 240? or for the teg... i know the type r has a comptech intake and a tanabe catback... if thats what u were gettin at, i will post up the parts for sale as soon as i get in touch with him
Old 11-07-2002, 09:10 PM

SR swap

I would love to hear about your engine swap as it happens. I am saving money to do an s15 SR swap too. any insght would be useful. keep postin I'll be readin.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:41 AM

yes plz do get the parts list . BTW Bacardi 151 is a good drink
Old 11-08-2002, 09:51 AM

HERE is the list, a bit disappointing, he sold alot of the stuff on ebay, the car is totally gutted i saw it this morning, not much in the way of performance either.
stock 95-96 wing
beat up front lip 95-96
grill 95-96
blinkers 95-96
corner lamps 95-96
sidemarkers 95-96
rear bumper 95-96
really old universal intake HKS "style"
white face gauge cluster, w/ silver trim
He HAD alot of stuff, in the way of performance, but those were the first things to go. Sorry i didn't know he got rid of alot of the things.
Old 11-09-2002, 10:57 PM

the race...

the race went down tonite... i am happy to say that i held my own. Off the line i totally ate him, up to about 75 i had him by about a car, then i heard him bang 3rd and we were dead even up to about 100, he shifted into 4th and walked away up to 120 then i shut down cuz i knew it was hopeless. We went at it again from a 40 roll, i got the jump by about 1/2 a car and then he ate me up through 2nd into 3rd. O well, it was a good race. He was cool about it, all he was thinking was not mis-shifting 3-4. I'm startin to get those type r owners nervious.
Old 11-10-2002, 12:36 AM
Contributing Member

Re: the race...

Originally posted by spitz7985
the integra makes dick for torque. i'm guessing you'd prolly take him until he starts to rev high. that's one of the advatages of our truck motor.
Originally posted by drifties151
the race went down tonite... i am happy to say that i held my own. Off the line i totally ate him, up to about 75 i had him by about a car, then i heard him bang 3rd and we were dead even up to about 100, he shifted into 4th and walked away up to 120 then i shut down cuz i knew it was hopeless. We went at it again from a 40 roll, i got the jump by about 1/2 a car and then he ate me up through 2nd into 3rd. O well, it was a good race. He was cool about it, all he was thinking was not mis-shifting 3-4. I'm startin to get those type r owners nervious.
just like i predicted, eh?
Old 11-10-2002, 05:00 PM
Contributing Member

Nice job drift, I thought he would take you, but youo did hold your own real well.

Hey drift, does he have the stock fogs still? I could prolly use a pair of them.

Thanks man.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:55 PM

he does but they are in really bad condition, i don't even know if they would work though, he hit a curb when he crashed and really the lower front end is f'ed up bad. I wouldn't even want to sell those things to you, they are way too messed up. I thought he would have more parts for sale, he got rid of alot of things on ebay. some might still be on there.
Old 11-11-2002, 04:44 PM
Contributing Member

Werd.....thanks for everything though bro. TTYL.

Quick Reply: Parts on... ready to roll...