General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

ka24de turbo V s13 sr20det

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 01:03 AM

RB is kinda combining KA torque, and SR strength.

its little more expensive but u get a piece of both.
but i find SR my way to go.

1. stronger.
2. easier
3. cheaper (sometimes)
4. lighter
5. full of potential
6. the choice of many more people like you.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:21 AM

the SR compared the KA (if you turbo the KA) is a much more reliable engine turbo to turbo...its bottom end isnt as reinforced as the SRs is...not trying to discredit the KA as i have seem them put down some good numbers...just the KA wasnt completely made for turbo application. Nissans from the factory turbo motors still own any nissan NA to turbo convert built motor.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:22 AM

the SR compared the KA (if you turbo the KA) is a much more reliable engine turbo to turbo...its bottom end isnt as reinforced as the SRs is...not trying to discredit the KA as i have seem them put down some good numbers...just the KA wasnt completely made for turbo application. Nissans from the factory turbo motors still own any nissan NA to turbo convert built motor. The SR has proven itself over and over.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Contributing Member

I would have to say Ka-T.

KA POWA!!!!!
Old 10-04-2004, 04:56 PM

The main reasons for me, who just likes to have a fast fun street car, nothing serious for the SR are:
1. Lighter, engine AND tranny on sr are lighter than ka engine
2. Factory turbo, **** either is fine, just make sure if you go ka-t that you do a very good, thorough job installing it, to resolve many problems you may face down the line, and check your oil pan when the engine is out, they dent easily / allot
=D
Old 10-04-2004, 07:36 PM
Contributing Member

IMO Id say go SR20DET, its actaully harder to find a KA24DE motor and tranny, or maybe its just my luck, but i tend to find more support for the SR20 than anything else, plus its factory turboed, so your assure it will work properly (in theory) as for turboing a KA, youd really have to know what your doing, or your gonna face blowing something up, but then theres also the down side for the SR20, im sure people have mentioned earlier, such being that the SR20 is a jap engine or your gonna have problems trying to understand the components of your engine, if you live in california, your gonna have a ***** of a time passing emissions and so fourth and so fourth, but in the end my vote goes for the SR20
Old 10-04-2004, 08:41 PM

good times =D
Old 10-04-2004, 10:27 PM

this is great, a whole thread with sr20 and ka-t in the same discussion and no arguments, a great opinionated post for once, minus the bickering.

see, we can all just get along.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:20 AM
Contributing Member

can you feel the love!?!? *sob* btu yea, ncei to see people just posting opinions and not any of that dumb crap * SR20 RoXXers* and other stuff...good stuff
Old 10-05-2004, 12:57 PM

thats why CLub240 rocks. if not that... i wouldnt be here lol
Old 10-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Contributing Member

I like the Ka better, but there is something about the Sr. The way it sounds and looks.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:57 PM

well yah i do live in cali... and from what i've heard... ka-t's are supposedly illegal? and sr20s are definitly illegal.. from what i can understand..... and if so... how often should i expect to get pulled over by cops.. and have them inspect my engine and watch them impound my car and thank me for wasting money on the car...
Old 10-05-2004, 11:16 PM
Contributing Member

Both KA-T's and SR's are illegal...and as for how many times you will get pulled over, it matters on how many laws you break while driving
Old 10-05-2004, 11:58 PM

Originally posted by DJ-of-E
You can't go wrong with SR20 because it's becoming very mainstream for 240 shops now. It's actually cheaper to replace the engine with a SR20DET redtop rather than building a KA-T engine.

Not always true. You can get a KA-T turbo kit for 1800. check the seller on this forum, i believe the website is www.boostdesigns.com they have some pretty nice stuff for quite a reasonable price. But i see you're going KA-T. This is an awesome choice for the type of car you're building.....togue/track. This is also the same that i am doing. We dont need insance HP amounts, we need low to hi range torque. this is what the KA is all about. So going KA-T just gives you more HP and torque but still retains the KA's torquey and responsiveness. You cant go wrong with KA-T. Unless you know motors and engine work, then dont do KA-T, you wont know how to fix problems. Besides, how cool is it when you spank SR powered 240's and they ask you what you got and you reply KA.....and they just look at you with a blank face. priceless.

Old 10-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Contributing Member

^^^ lol, that must be a interesting experince seeing those blanks faces, as for the popo's catching yea, really depends on what you do on the streets, its really common sense, dont speed, or rev unnessarily, pretty much dont catch attention to yourself, and you'll be fine...i just think its harder to pass emissions that getting by from cops

Quick Reply: ka24de turbo V s13 sr20det