General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

improving my 240

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 07:42 PM

improving my 240

this is my first post here so try to take it easy on me. i tried searching but nothing really comes up. anyway i just picked up a 95 240 with the intention to make it something really fun. i have a daily driver but wanted a weekend track/fun car. i almost got an evo but backed out and just picked up the 240 for 6k. i talked to mack(i think thats his name) at mckinney motorsports about what to do with my car. i want the rb26dett for sure and i want some serious power out of it. he told me about doing a ford 9" rear end and a lot of suspension stuff and that would run about 20k with all that installed. has anyone here done that?? im just worried that i still wont have traction. a guy i know has a supercharged vette non z06 and he says it puts 550 on the dyno. he has a lot of trouble hooking up and i think it would be worse for the 240 to hook up. i asked mack about an all wheel drive set up but he says its like an 18 month project and another 8k. i dont want the car in the shop that long though. what do you guys think? i have driven in a 240 that had an sr20 turbo swap that he said put 300 to the wheels. it was pretty quick but i would still want a lot more like that guys vette. when his car hooks up it really puts you in the seat and i love that. any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Contributing Member

wow... twin turbo in a 240 ... thats nasty.
sounds like your going to have a lot of engine work to due to push that HP.
For more traction/handling a simple roll cage, sway bars, struts.
It might also be fun to fool around with the camber.