General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

I still dont have my 240 running. I need serious help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 12:56 PM

Red face

OMG sorry to bust in your bubbles but damn 1000$ for that fixing ,they really raped u an@nally ,I know I guy this same problem but with a Mitsu N/A Eclipse ,everytime he use to come to a stop the car use to stall (shut off) ,it was he engine crank sensor ,the sensor was faulty and it was not reading the engine's crank angle,now I dunno if our cars are equipped with such thing .
Old 12-29-2004, 01:32 PM

why you think i'd sold it..i hate ff honda....i' spend all the money from the car into my s13..........the motors are very similiar just a little different in how things work.......now most of my problems i can't solve i call my friend in sac at motorsport dynamics named wizard cause he is the wizard for every car he can tune n fix..his real name is henry if you don't know him just look in november '04 issue of import racer about a s14 with a rb25det read it.... not his car but his work,he owes 2 D1 s.13 cars??,3 silvias and one bad *** skyline R33 GTR......enough said about this.....to much info for ya...no more for me.................
Old 12-29-2004, 01:53 PM

Okay man, I have had this problem on both my SR and KA. Most of the time it has come down to alligning the crank angle sensor. But also if the crank angle sensor has been out of allignment then the car has probably been running rich and has probably fouled out your plugs. So be sure to change those out also. Just my $.02 from problems in the past.

And I think this is what drf3rsmok3on3 was trying to tell him what to do in the first place. And is what it sounds like to me.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:23 PM

yes.you're right.. but depending on how many times he has try to start the car the more the worser..one time i'd had gas coming up from one plug.......
Old 12-29-2004, 07:50 PM

thanx guyz, all this info is really helpful. my mechanic friend will know what you're talking about cuz i aint got da slightest clue as to what you are saying. I'm just now learning. it's got a new fuel pump/filter, clutch, maf sensor, air filter, plugs, oil filter, fuel pressure regulator. ill check it out. graciaz!
Old 12-29-2004, 08:09 PM

this kind of sounds like what my engine is going through i have replaced pretty much everything mr_kaos has done could any of you explain this a little broader i am trying to understand but my mind isnt comprehending it right now thanks - Brad
Old 12-29-2004, 10:47 PM

Exclamation

The crank-angle sensor is a device to tell the engine when to fire the spark plug.It senses the position of the intake cam, from which the car can determine the position of the crankshaft, and the computer can tell the cylinders to fire. In the days before engine computers (ECUs) this job was done by the distributor. Some of these sensor are installed next to the intake camshaft in some cars.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:51 PM

ok thanks i well check about that tommarow what did they also mention about TDC? basically just re-time it? also sorry if this is what is called a "hijack" i really am stuck with my motor and need some help..thanks-Brad
Old 12-30-2004, 12:41 AM

TDC is top dead center...your cam gears has to be at a certain point(has a mark)on it..also others too like crank pulley.etc........look in the clinton factory service manual at your local book store................................
Old 12-30-2004, 09:13 AM

yea i have spent the last week trying to read my chilton book but its been late at night before bed and i barley comprehend it all it htink i know what your talking about though - Brad
Old 12-30-2004, 04:05 PM

i was reading my book and looking for the Crank angle sensor but in that general area it looks like it has a few sensors could someone post a pic or explain what it looks like? thanks - Brad
Old 12-30-2004, 04:32 PM

depending on your motor mine is a sr20det so it be up by the valve cover on your right hold on by two bolts and 2 or 3 wire plug but if you a us motor yours would be in side the distributor...meaning you would have to relpace thw hole distributor ...that's why you can't find it in the book..they just talk about it................
Old 12-30-2004, 05:35 PM

well it has a diagram and shows it towards the back and says by the transaxle and flywheel the one in the distributer is the CAM angle sensor not the CRANK but i think i know which one it is by you telling me... i think its in back of the engine by the firewall i will have to check- Brad

EDIT: drf3rsmok3on3 i think you are right i just looked on ebay for one and it does apper to be the thing infornt of the distributor thanks

Last edited by cooch; 12-30-2004 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:15 PM

if you have a clinton book..look on pg.4-8 & 4-13 hopefully you'll understand...........look at the pic 4-13(figure44) then 4-8 on picture ln left( figure.22 even it's a ka24e it's very similar) now read the chapter it will help ..how's that expaining i am not good explaining things..sorry..but just comes in my head.......................................
Old 12-30-2004, 07:50 PM

my book is for a 93+ 240 with the ka24de engine so the book is different..but to clarify something is it the camshaft angle sensor or crankshaft angle sensor my book has both and what you said in the distributor is in fact the camshaft angle sensor thnaks -Brad

Quick Reply: I still dont have my 240 running. I need serious help.