General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

How to legalize my RHD silvia !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Contributing Member

^^
Very illegal....

but i like
Old 07-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Contributing Member

He's in Cali. EVen with the VIN swap, he has to deal with the CARB *****.

-Justin
Old 07-27-2005, 05:48 PM

Originally posted by Justin.b
He's in Cali. EVen with the VIN swap, he has to deal with the CARB *****.

-Justin
well it's going to have to be a race or show car then and then you will never be able to drive it on the street
Old 07-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Contributing Member

smog the 240 before u swap VINs and when that ones drivable...sawp VIN..."you did a interior and exterior conversion"...then u have several years to find
a crooked smog tech...iono tho...since you talking to the DMV seems to be working so well good luck with that...
Old 07-27-2005, 06:30 PM

I think all of you are clueless. Politics in Cali Suck ***.
Here are some rules you may not know about.
1.) Any vehicle in the state of California that doesn't carry tags for modified conversions will not be smogged, that means it can't be registered. (Example headers, intake, and even crank pulleys if the Referee is **** enough)
2.) Any N/A engine that has been modified for F/I without propped tags will not pass smog and can infact become impounded.
- Rules 1 and 2 deal specifically with Carb O.E exeption rules on modifying engine type and factory production-
3.) Any vehicle produced after 1978 must be smogged and is not smog exempt.
4.) Any modified F/I engines with B.O.V, boost controllers, and turbo timers are not legal in the state of Cali and can infact be impounded if used for street applications.
5.) Piggy Backs or independent EMS such as the AEM EMS, or Mega Squirt are not legal in the state of Cali and cannot be smogged. " That includes myself, I own an SAFC and use it on my KA".
6.) Modified exhaust in the state of Cali is illegal and must pass a db, and visual test. ( I was sent to a referee a year ago for modding the exhaust to my CRX)
7.) RHD on a California Road is illegal and can be impounded.
Unless provided with documentation of proper DMV registration.
8.) Breaking the rules of smog regulations such as removal of the CATALYTIC Converter, removal of any smog emissions equipment such as the EGR/BPT, AIV, Speed sensors, PAIRVALVE, can lead to a direct impound if pulled over and inspect by an officer of the law.
9.) 2stroke engines on jet ski's, and dirt bikes are illegal to use in the state of cali. Dirt bikes depending on the production year can still be driven with proper registration.

LIKE I SAID CALI SUCKS ***.......
DIE BARBRA BOXER, DIE SLOW YOU ENVIORNMENTALIST ADVOCATE/SENATOR BIIOTCH.

Shiat if she was only educated to understand that adding smog equipment actually decreases fuel economy and performance. We actually consume more fuel which only hurts the enviornment more by depleating out natural resources. Barbara Boxer you are a stupid BIOTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BigVinnie; 07-27-2005 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:16 PM

Originally posted by steve 14
buy shell vin swap it delete the thread and any other you have made
throw shell in a lake
done theres your car with a title
pm me if you have any qustions
REALLY ??? HMMm... attempting !!!! I will pm you about this !! thanks..

JAY
Old 07-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BigVinnie
I think all of you are clueless. Politics in Cali Suck ***.
Here are some rules you may not know about.
1.) Any vehicle in the state of California that doesn't carry tags for modified conversions will not be smogged, that means it can't be registered. (Example headers, intake, and even crank pulleys if the Referee is **** enough)
2.) Any N/A engine that has been modified for F/I without propped tags will not pass smog and can infact become impounded.
- Rules 1 and 2 deal specifically with Carb O.E exeption rules on modifying engine type and factory production-
3.) Any vehicle produced after 1978 must be smogged and is not smog exempt.
4.) Any modified F/I engines with B.O.V, boost controllers, and turbo timers are not legal in the state of Cali and can infact be impounded if used for street applications.
5.) Piggy Backs or independent EMS such as the AEM EMS, or Mega Squirt are not legal in the state of Cali and cannot be smogged. " That includes myself, I own an SAFC and use it on my KA".
6.) Modified exhaust in the state of Cali is illegal and must pass a db, and visual test. ( I was sent to a referee a year ago for modding the exhaust to my CRX)
7.) RHD on a California Road is illegal and can be impounded.
Unless provided with documentation of proper DMV registration.
8.) Breaking the rules of smog regulations such as removal of the CATALYTIC Converter, removal of any smog emissions equipment such as the EGR/BPT, AIV, Speed sensors, PAIRVALVE, can lead to a direct impound if pulled over and inspect by an officer of the law.
9.) 2stroke engines on jet ski's, and dirt bikes are illegal to use in the state of cali. Dirt bikes depending on the production year can still be driven with proper registration.

LIKE I SAID CALI SUCKS ***.......
DIE BARBRA BOXER, DIE SLOW YOU ENVIORNMENTALIST ADVOCATE/SENATOR BIIOTCH.

Shiat if she was only educated to understand that adding smog equipment actually decreases fuel economy and performance. We actually consume more fuel which only hurts the enviornment more by depleating out natural resources. Barbara Boxer you are a stupid BIOTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cut her
Old 07-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by steve 14
well it's going to have to be a race or show car then and then you will never be able to drive it on the street
He could use it for that now.... he's going through all this to register it for street use.

-Justin
Old 07-27-2005, 07:28 PM

OK... how about this scenario then ...
Let's say..... I get the shell, transfer the fire wall and windshield VIN and doors AND smog it. now, I got the license plates and title. NOW.... I drive around then I get pulled over. they see my VIN and insurance, everything legit, but still they give me refree ticket. PROBLEM : I have sr 20det engine.

Honestly, i have no problem with having RHD car (Not afraid rather).... b/c some guys out there switch from Left to Right on their U.S. Spec 240sx.

So, is that mean i need to swap out the engine to KA24de ?

Thanks !
Old 07-27-2005, 07:33 PM
Contributing Member

You won't pass a referee.

It's possible that the RHD alone may be enough to fail you for safety issues.

-Justin
Old 07-30-2005, 03:03 AM

just get 1 of these

Name:  S3020RB25DET2001.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  50.0 KB

1971 Z with RB25DET.You don't EVER have to smog it!

Last edited by mys13rocks; 07-30-2005 at 03:27 AM.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:35 AM

Originally posted by mys13rocks
just get 1 of these

1971 Z with RB25DET.You don't EVER have to smog it!
Yes that is exactly what I'm going to do in a few months, but it's going to be a KA22det in a 1969 Datsun 510. No cats, and no smogemissions..........
Old 07-30-2005, 10:34 PM
Contributing Member

****...i want a hako-suka...do the same thing...RB26DETT that ****...no smog...damn...and becuase of its age i think its pretty easy to register it here...so hows the RHD silvia registering going?
Old 07-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Contributing Member

wheres the PICS!!!!
Old 07-31-2005, 01:07 AM
Contributing Member

maybe hes trippin about the DMV somehow seeing his pics...lol

Quick Reply: How to legalize my RHD silvia !!!!