General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Help urgent please door is locked forever.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 02:50 PM

Help urgent please door is locked forever.

I am having a big trouble with my door lock. My dooor is locked and it doesn't unlock neither with the key or manually.
I can hear the power lock rattling as it tries to unlock.
Also if a try manually the lock pin goes back to lock again like some type of ghost trying to pi$$ me.
Any ideas???
I read about the tip to lock the door with the handle open, but my case is the opposite as the door is closed and locked right now and I need at least to unlock in order to remove the panel to look what is wrong inside.
I try to look for relays but cound not find any realted to power locks.
Thank you in advance for all the help.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:35 PM

Do you have an alarm? I have the door acuators (sp.. don't know how to spell that word), and my drivers side door will lock on me when I'm inside sometimes.. so I'll have to crawl out the passenger door. It just needs to be fixed because the door lock (probably the relay) falls off track. I don't know what I'm trying to explain. The guy that installed my alarm was an idiot.

Normally, I just have to lock and unlock the door a few times and it will work.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Contributing Member

your actuators rod clamps have come loose.
this is why you hear it moving but it will not unlock.
you need to take the door panel off and reconnect them.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:49 PM

I don't have any alarm and can't open the door to remove the panel neither because the door is closed and locked.
I think I'll need a spiritualist to remove the ghost.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:11 PM

have you tried the other door?
how about the trunk?
how about a wire hanger through the window? ie done this before with mine and my buddys s13's when the damnd keys and cell phone is locked in there and you dont have a spare yet. lol

Last edited by Dounveeme; 06-02-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:36 PM

Hey Dounveeme, did you read the thread?
I don't have any problem to get into the car as the driver door is working fine my problem is the passenger door is stuck locked and can't open manually nor with the keys outside or inside nor cutting power to see if the power lock would unlock.
So if you read the thread would understand. I am not looking for guesses here. I am looking for someone with some technical knowledge to tell me how to get it unlocked in irder to remove the panel and see what is wrong but can't do it if the door closed and stuck locked.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:35 PM

Talking

Well, if you would have been slightly more specific. and if i wasnt in the clouds earlier and would have read it a little better i woulda noticed you are having the Ghost actuator thing like if you lock the drivers side door (atleast i know on s13's)
the passenger door kinda fights you and wants to stay locked.
and you've tried disconected the battery and it still wants to stay locked? before you had this problem if you would lock/unlock the drivers side door did the passenger side do the same automatically? i bet it has sumthing to do the power door lock amplifier that should be in your drivers side door. (once again i know on s13's it might be in the passenger door in s14's.) if not maybe the switch on the drivers side lock that tells the other door lock what to do. or the actuator in the passenger door is bad? or a short in the electrical some where.
if you want the door panel off take the seats out and start trying to take the passenger door panel off from there.
if you dont want guesses maybe you should take your car to the dealership or be slightly more specific next time with what exactly is going on with your car.
you want technical you need to be more technical. try thinkin....:what would the dealership probably do?
and i wasnt in the least bit being a smart@SS to you earlier either nOOB.
Respect gets Respect.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Contributing Member

im sorry but that really sucks!
Old 06-02-2006, 10:53 PM

Ok Dounveeme now we talking.
You were right on simptoms.
Yes before everything was kind of right the passenger side moved the pin to be locked but you had to completely lock manualy. Now it's exactly as you described.
I will try to find this door lock amplifier as you said but the question now is qhat to do with it if I find it? And is't impossible to remove the seats with the door closed and locked.
Now, about the dealer, I think they would tell me to buy another car but I am stubborn and like my S14. Thanks for your help anyway if you have more inputs go ahead I'll try to localize the amplifier on drivers side.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:22 PM

you can get the seats out.if you can get the drivers side door open and if you take the drivers side seat out you can lean the passengers side seat forward and take the rear bolts out of the seat and then lay it back and take the front ones out and work the seat out over the center console. how else are you spossed to get s14 seats for your s13 when the passenger side door of the doner car is smashed in and cant be opened. then remove what screws you can and then pray what you can of the door panel back Carefully not to break the panel by bending it to far and reach in there and try pulling the rods and getting it to open that way and then work on it with it open.
so does the lock on the inside not move at all is it solid or can you force it to unlock at all? or are the key hole and the lever inside free moving?
i would recomend doing the what i said above and pull the back of the door panel back a bit and open manually so you can get in there and see what rods are popped off or w/e is going on in there.
the dealership would be glad to work on your car i play with ones older then yours they would be happy to see them too. older means more things to fix means more labor means $$$$.$$'s

Last edited by Dounveeme; 06-02-2006 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:44 PM

same thing happened to me. i thought the rods in the door got knocked loose so i peeled back the door panel only to find that wasnt the problem.
the latch mechanism was jammed up so i needed a new one. costed me little over $300 to get it done at the dearship.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:59 AM

wow over 300 in a car wothy 1000 that's 1/3 of the car price. That's what I'm afraid of to be more expensive than the car.
Dounvemme I have free movement of the door handle and the latch if I try to open manually it goes back to close position like ghost you mention. If I hold the latch opened makes no effect on my handle. With a flashlight inside the door I can see all metal conectors in place and moving but, with no amplitude in their movement like something is blocking them to move all the way (maybe the lock actuator).
On S14 the front panel kind of goes together with the door panel so that the A/C vents are at the doors, because of that I have no clearence to remove the door panel even if I can get the seats removed.
The car is to tight to get the seat out the way you said. I can get all the screws out of the bottom of the door panel but still won't move because you would have to pull it in than upwards and with door closed, no way.
If cost me 300 or more at the dealer thats a downpay for a 350z with good credit or maybe a sosltice. Anyway I was hoping some kind of relay at the fuse box went bad and I would be able to get it done quick and cheap.
Any other ideas? I could try to buy another panel at ebay and rip off mine actualy I am very inclined to do that way, rip it off would make me feel better and release my fury with all that. My car is so nice looking to trash or give to junkyard.

Last edited by bombinha; 06-03-2006 at 11:38 AM.