General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Guaging Interest: SR20DET aluminum intake pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 10:16 PM

Guaging Interest: SR20DET aluminum intake pipe

I'd like to find out how many of you are looking for a solid aluminum intake pipe for your SR20DET.

If there is enough interest, I'd be willing to get these pipes done. They're adapted from other cars and I get them to work perfectly with ours, which is how i can make this group buy cost MUCH less than other intake kits(about 1/3 price of the more expensive kits).

This pipe will have a fitting for both catch can and a fitting for recirculating your BOV. (The only thing is that the fitting for the catch can is facing the opposite side of the fitting from the T on the valve cover. All it takes to get around this is use a 1-2" longer hose, thats it. Caused no probs with mine and id actually suggest plugging it anyway). You can kind of see it (plugged) on one of the pics

The sweet thing is that since it's an aluminum pipe, you can definitely hear your BOV - which is one thing most people would lose when recirculating with the stock rubber intake pipe. I use a Greddy Type S bov and it's still really loud recirculating. All i heard was air when i'd let off throttle when I used to have the stock rubber pipe. You'll definitely hear and feel the difference between this pipe and stock. PLUS you'll be able to hear your turbo more; help it breathe and hear that baby spool

And it comes with couplers, etc.

here are some pics of mine which ive been using for over 1/2 a year

I do realize there are intake pipes on ebay that you can adapt to your engine, but the difference here is that they don't have the recirculation tube.

I should be able to get these started in about a week or so, i gotta work out a deal with a shop to get the aluminum