General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

A few quick & easy questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 01:51 PM

Question A few quick & easy questions.

Help a new '96 240 owner out. I just got my 240sx and the previous owner wasn't very good at replacing screws. I have no screws in the handles on either door pannel. Every time we close the doors the plastic pops out, what size are these screws so I can replace them? One other question, which fuse is for the cruise control as mine doesn't work for some reason.

Thanks.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:03 PM

im not sure about the cruise control. someone else is gonna hafta help you on that. but for the screws. go to a junkyard and look for the same model 240 you have and take them from it. or wait till someone tells you waht size they are as im not sure i dont have that late of a model 240
Old 07-31-2004, 07:34 AM
Contributing Member

Re: A few quick & easy questions.

Originally posted by Tanshin
Help a new '96 240 owner out. I just got my 240sx and the previous owner wasn't very good at replacing screws. I have no screws in the handles on either door pannel. Every time we close the doors the plastic pops out, what size are these screws so I can replace them? One other question, which fuse is for the cruise control as mine doesn't work for some reason.

Thanks.
Off the top of my head - try removing one of the screws that hold the rear part of the center console down to the floor; you will see 2 of thses screws in the bottom of the center console compartment when you open the armrest/compartment door. See if that screw fits. I don't have my screw for the handle either so I just used a couple dabs of silicone and it stays put.

As for the fuse, you don't have the fuse panel cover? There's a diagram label on it which shows which fuse is for which circuit. I'll check mine the next time I go out (later this afternoon actually)
Old 07-31-2004, 03:09 PM

Re: Re: A few quick & easy questions.

As for the fuse, you don't have the fuse panel cover? There's a diagram label on it which shows which fuse is for which circuit. I'll check mine the next time I go out (later this afternoon actually) [/B][/QUOTE]

I found some screws to fit the doors so those are secure now. I do have a fuse cover but it doesn't list the cruise control on mine.

I have a 5 speed if that helps.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:30 PM
Contributing Member

i doubt it is the fuse... look to the right of the steering colom where it says cruise on/ off thats what u need to push to activate cruise control... you can not simply click the button on the steering wheel. as for the screws in the doors just super glue them down and forget about it.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:11 AM

Originally posted by silviaks2nr
i doubt it is the fuse... look to the right of the steering colom where it says cruise on/ off thats what u need to push to activate cruise control... you can not simply click the button on the steering wheel. as for the screws in the doors just super glue them down and forget about it.
The doors are fixed.. Found some screws to fit.

I know about the cruise control button on the dash. That works, the buttons on the steering wheel don't. I doubt it is a fuse also, but I'm going to hope thats all it is.