General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Feature - Club240 Time Attack Project: The Parts Article

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007 | 04:45 PM
Contributing Member

All I have to say is this car is going to put the *insert other site name here* time attack car to shame.

Last edited by CharlesJ; 08-28-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-28-2007 | 05:49 PM
Club240 Staff

Originally Posted by ryguy
All I have to say is this car is going to put the *insert other site name here* time attack car to shame.
No speaking the competition....they shall receive not notice here
Old 09-07-2007 | 06:45 AM
Club240 Staff

Exedy Clutch is on the way

Other parts in transit include: Tial 44mm wastegate, crower rods, cp pistons, greddy oil pan, DRFT front bumper, APR GTC 300 Wing.

We are still working on the hood, hatch, wheels, and tires
Old 09-07-2007 | 06:52 AM
Club240 Staff

Another special update on suspension. I was going to hold this as a secret, but we will shortly be in possession of a custom one off set of ANZE Engineering competition dampers/coilovers. These are the real deal made strictly for racing and of Penske components. Ours will be direct bolt on for s13 with rear z32 uprights and feature 2 way (thats rebound and bound) damper adjustment. We considered getting the 3 way which includes both low and high speed damper adjustment, but for this season, we will stick to 2 way for ease of setup. The setup will be completed with hypercoil springs and Cusco upper mounts. This in combination with all cusco adjustable links and cusco sway bars should make the setup extremely competitive and far better than what many in Time Attack are using.
Old 09-08-2007 | 04:20 AM

I can't wait to see some update with pix/videos/articles :P
Old 01-01-2008 | 12:40 PM

I just checked out the list and also can't wait to see this thing completed and competing at the track. Definitely post pictures/videos when possible. Latez.
Old 01-02-2008 | 04:30 AM

It's been three months since i last inquired about an update?...

Is this project dead or alive?
Old 01-02-2008 | 02:54 PM
Contributing Member

i been wondering the same thing. Wasnt it supposed to be done before VIR?
Old 01-02-2008 | 03:49 PM

it was supposed to be, but then they said they wouldn't have it done, and didn't really have a reason to since the driver wouldn't be ready or something like that. They said they might have it non-drivable there but I didn't see it there.
Old 01-02-2008 | 03:53 PM
Contributing Member

they should just give all the parts to me

anyway come on!!! i want to see this car whip some ***!!!!
Old 01-02-2008 | 04:14 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah i know they were supposed to have it, but i was just wondering if they've done anything to it since then.
Old 01-02-2008 | 06:35 PM

Man i wanted to see who this would turn out
Old 02-26-2008 | 04:57 PM
Club240 Staff

Been a while without an update, but I added some parts. Will add the Stoptech brakes, 300zx rear brakes/hub, carbon creations hood and hatch, and a few other parts shortly
Old 02-26-2008 | 07:01 PM

Yay an update. Hmm... have you considered willwood's setup instead? The stoptech setup apparently from people's experiences did not really help in reducing stopping distances much.. as it adds weight lol... but of course takes care of fade... more...

The only kit I have heard people share experiences of that has actually reduced stopping distances has been willwood's setups with two piece rotors and their lightweight calipers... just a thought... i plan to go with a willwood front and rear setup... i am currently with a 300zx front and rear setup... (in the rear too much weight added including ebrake assembly..)
Old 02-26-2008 | 07:13 PM
Club240 Staff

Originally Posted by a_ahmed
Yay an update. Hmm... have you considered willwood's setup instead? The stoptech setup apparently from people's experiences did not really help in reducing stopping distances much.. as it adds weight lol... but of course takes care of fade... more...

The only kit I have heard people share experiences of that has actually reduced stopping distances has been willwood's setups with two piece rotors and their lightweight calipers... just a thought... i plan to go with a willwood front and rear setup... i am currently with a 300zx front and rear setup... (in the rear too much weight added including ebrake assembly..)
Yes, we did consider wilwood. However, we have a different situation than most. For a street car, you dont necessarily need big brakes. The wilwoods are slighly bigger with a slighter bigger pad. A good street combination, and useable for tack, but not what we consider optimal. Fade, brake pad size, and leverage come into place. We opted for the 300zx 4 piston 13" kit to match our 300zx rear brakes. The two piece rotor and lightweight calipers actually reduce weight over a solid iron disc and iron caliper. For the street, doing one stop from 70 or so, the probably makes little difference. On track, its huge. The stoptechs also have put a lot of r&d into piston sizing to maintain a near stock balance per specific application unlike many BBKs.

On the rear, we are using a 300zx stock aluminum caliper setup with the parking brake eliminated to save weight as well as using a 300zx aluminum upright. The result should be near stock (300zx) rotating mass with far great fade with excellent grip.

Quick Reply: Feature - Club240 Time Attack Project: The Parts Article