General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

emissions removed, problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 07:22 PM

emissions removed, problems

OK, me and my friend went through my engine and removed all the emissions crap, EGR, warmup sensor, i have 2 vacuum lines left, and the car runs fine. However, on start up when it's cold the engine tries to stall unless i give it gas for a minute. Also, i was pulling out of O'reilly's today and it tried to stall, like it wouldn't take gas. I havn't replaced the intake gasket yet, im doing that this week, but other than that could that be where my vacuum leak is, or is it something else? I also have a stupid a** fuel injector leak, in 3 injector's. im pretty sure its the orings, but i dunno how to tell if it's the injector or fuel rail o rings that are leaking. the engine is a SOHC KA24E. any help would be nice
Old 02-04-2007, 07:43 PM

ive got the dohc ka and i removed all of my emissions and i dont have any problems. so replace the intake gasket and then see if that fixed it.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:01 AM
Contributing Member

id replace the injector O-rings, and do a vacum leak test, before replacing the gasket, its more likely one of those.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:41 PM

thanks guys, actually there was an injector leak, i took out the injector assembly and the cover [tip] of one of the injector's was cracked, it split in 2 when i pulled it out. so i put a new injector in. Get this, got new orings for it from autozone, guy told me they were the right ones, they didnt seem to fit right, so i called back, he double checks , tells me those are the one. i put em on. I start it up, fuel sprays about 6 feet out the front of my car. guess what, i pulled the orings off, the 'new' ones, were stretched out the wazooo. F*cking advance idiots. But ne ways i fixed all that, and it started up fine,... ill see how it does in the morning in the bitter cold. Im still replacing the intake gasket, just because i didnt do it when i had the manifold off. Other than that, im pretty sure we plugged all the lines.... thanks a lot