General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 07:32 PM

Does anybody else have this problem?

I have an S14, and lately its begining to crap out, it basically died out on me while on the road. The problem is that whenever I stop at a redlight, while at resting with the brake pedal in, then the RPM needle began to rapidly move up and down b/t 500-1000 RPM, back and forth several seconds, then it the engine just die. I have to put on the emergency lights and put the it back to Park, and crank it up again, to get it running. Its sometime runs smoothly like normal, and sometimes just died again after I shift it from Park to Drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and Does anyone know where would the diagnostic goes in, if I decided to go to Autozone to check out the checkEngine light. I know it should be underneath the dash but which side? passenger or driver?. Thnkx
Old 11-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

hmm sounds like a vacuum leak check all for a leak and also you can start the car in Neutral lol if it dies just pop it in N start pop it back in D and go i had practice with my pos 2jz-ge
Old 11-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Contributing Member

yea start with the AICV hose thats goes from the inside of you intake piping (closest to the THrottle body ) to the under section of the intake manifold.. there may be a crack there