General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

closeup pics of a ka24e engine NEEDED!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Contributing Member

Draft?
Old 07-09-2005, 10:57 AM

AC is the same problem.. im not really sure how it bolts back in.. Again i was not the one that took it off.. the AC bracker doesnt fit across the bracket on the block.. the only way it could go is with the first part of the bracked thats in the front of the AC goes infront of the first part of the bracket on the block.. I know how the stuff plugs in im just not sure how they bolt up.. the AC takes 3 or 4 bolts.. im not sure.. i dont have a bolt long enough to span the whole bracket of the AC soo im guessing the AC takes 4 bolts.. to in the top part of the bracket and 2 in the bottom
Old 07-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Contributing Member

By AC u mean? The condensor?
Old 07-09-2005, 11:34 AM

Yup yup thats what i mean..
Old 07-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Contributing Member

http://photobucket.com/albums/y222/S...t=DSCF1190.jpg

it shows where the condensor bolts up and the lines leading out of it

Its and old pic of my engine bay, its located at the bottom of the pic. hope it helps
Old 07-09-2005, 01:04 PM

Thanks man thats the picture i need.. like i said i thought it was 4 bolts. THanks man now if i could just get a picture of the altinator bolted in I will have everything i need
Old 07-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member

keep lookin at all the motor shots i got in that album. i got one that i saw that mite be able to help you out. its like a dark pic but you can kinda see the alternator. If not maybe by 2nite ill have the alternator shot for you.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:31 PM

Thanks for the help man.. i think i will have this engine all put back together thanks to you guys!!! Well get this i ordered this JDM engine from www.asapmotors.com they ended up sending me a KA24E out of like a 98 Frontier!!! a TRUCK.. they sent me a truck engine when i was asking for an engine for a 240sx.. i got all the bottom **** done and went to put the starter in and the starter from my old engine would bolt right to the bellhousing so there was no part on the block for this starter to go through.. well on this block there was a hole for the starter.. soo i been messing with this company for the last 4 weeks trying to get them to send me the right starter.. finaly they sent it out.. its suppose to be here Monday... I just hope its the right starter for this engine!! i have put up with alot of **** from this company... they have lied to me i dont know how many times so i would not recommend anyone buying an engine from these people.. they could not even tell me what engine they sent me i had to do my own research to figure out what the hell i got... that brings me back to that Shift guy.. i was asking people in another thread what kinda engine i had because the starter didnt work and all he wanted to do was laugh at me and say im doing something wrong.. so i hope you are reading this shift.. so you know how stupid you acted!! anyhow thanks for all the help
Old 07-09-2005, 01:38 PM

Are you talking about pic 20 of 49!! ?? i can see that wheel i was talking about.. but hell man i dont see how the wheel i was talking about but it looks like there is a bolt on the end of it.. this wheel just comes out to a deal that has a hole through it for this long bolt.. like its for changing the tension of the belt but mine doesnt have a bolt... well the end is threaded like it will go through the top part of the altinator but there is like no head on the bolt to where i can tighten it up... i could only get it finger tight.. unless i use the hole that has threads in it and that would tear the threads on the inside up.. Im confused
Old 07-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Contributing Member

yo bro take a deep breathe... k now calm down before you mess urself. juss chillax and stop tryin to mess with Shift iite cus i told em to chill and he did so dont you go and start. im here to help not to be a fu<king ref. Now i got Shift to agree to the truse, u better too or you wont be getting help from anyone on this forum, Ok?

i hope i make myself clear to you draft, shift has been here a while and he already stopped messin with you in this thread.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:47 PM

I was not bashing him i was just telling him how wrong he was for bashing me.. but i dunno about this altinator.. i have everything else in place but just cant figure it out
Old 07-09-2005, 02:48 PM

Also there are 3 vaccume lines under the air intake.. i cant figure out where they go
Old 07-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Contributing Member

can you show me sum pics of how it looks? Visuals are always good. I kno i can help you out further if i saw how it looks.

BTW where u located?
Old 07-09-2005, 02:52 PM

Michigan the great lakes state!!!! GO BLUE but hrmm i dont have a digital camera but i could maybe get my friend to bring his over..
Old 07-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Contributing Member

try your best to get me pics cus then ill know exactly what your working with and i can help you better.

Quick Reply: closeup pics of a ka24e engine NEEDED!!