General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Cleaning air vents and tubing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 06:49 PM

Cleaning air vents and tubing?

I took my interior out and this car is a mess. I bought it from someone that left it in their garage so it has all crap inside and the tubing for the A/C and heat unit are all dusty.

What is the best way to clean that all out?

Are those tubings easy to remove and put back?
Old 09-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Contributing Member

if the dash is off it is... there are several that you can only access with the dash removed... since you stripped your interior pulling the dash is rather easy...

once you have the dash out... remoce the tubes and wash them in hot soapy water and then either use compressed air to dry them or let em sit outside until dry...

cleaning the heater unit is a little harder... it requires you to remove the cowl pieces under the windshield wipers and using either a shop vac or compressed air remove all of the crap in there... then opening the heater freshair door and blowing all of the dust ou t of the unit... pain in the *** but it gets it clean...
Old 09-14-2005, 10:58 AM

The AC unit wouldn’t need to be cleaned?

How easy is the removal of the tubing? I am going to try today but I just want to get ready for the work J

Since it seems like you know a little bit about this stuff, do you know what kind of work is needed to switch to the electronic controls? I tried to search but I didn’t find too much. It seems like I would need the SR wiring, which will come with my front clip I am getting some day. Do you know anything about it?
Old 09-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Contributing Member

Like wikd said, with the dash off you can get to pretty much everything you'd have to clean in the HVAC system. The fan unit can be cleaned as well with a vacuum or some minor disassembly and a good brush.

as for your electronic controls question, make a new topic for it.