General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

be careful in the rain, ppl...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 12:32 PM

be careful in the rain, ppl...

thanks to the rain and very slippery roads, i damaged at least my front left tension rod and control arm.

i took this one turn at a really low speed, then my car started over steering, I braked lightly and countersteered, maybe a bit too much. I slid and went up the curb on the wrong lane. I'm just really happy i didnt hit another car or a pedestrian. I also lost a hubcap and my front left wheel looks pushed back towards the rear a couple of inches I think my car's out till I see exactly what I damaged and what needs fixing.

So people, take your time, especially in the rain.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:06 PM

Instead of hitting the brakes you should have powered though the slide......lol, sorry about your car, but look on the bright side, now you can upgrade the suspension!!!!!
http://www.driftmonster.com
Old 04-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Contributing Member

Sucks to hear that...and the rain lately is a bit weird. Damn cali weather.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:25 PM

yes i know the feelin of spinning free in the rain on accident same thing happened to me but i saved myself with a little bit of luck and fast thinking, i admit i went into the corner a little to fast considering the conditions and went into countersteer, it was quite a fun drift till i seen the cars in the left turning lane in my side mirror right next to my rear quater panel this was the decision time, try and power through the drift, (still sliding out toward the wrong lane) and straighten out or open up the throttle spin a 360 off into the grass, so i hit the gas and intentionally spun off onto the right side of the road and somehow eneded up almost perfectly in someones driveway, lol i was really lucky it wasnt much skill just luck i was thinking id hit a sign or somethin but figured it would be better than hitting another car and having to worry about all that but it ended without an accident and taught me to slow down in rain! but good to hear your ok atleast could have been worste