General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

brand new to 240sx...and to japanese cars all together

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 02:30 AM

the one on the left is an LE see!
Old 10-15-2003, 04:35 AM

hey FIST you say youre in Canada!! visit this site if youre somewhere in Ontario.

http://forums.son240sx.ca/

If you are come out to some meets, you'll learn a lot by being there in person.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:39 AM
Contributing Member

i see the LE, but who's black hatch is that?!
Old 10-15-2003, 07:41 AM

Hey fist im in the EXACT same boat as you. Im about to buy an SE ( leather with all the extras ) but its an auto- so i feel ya brother : ) But seriously where did that pic up there come from? Those look like some real sick 240s- any more pics??
Old 10-15-2003, 07:45 AM

Oh also i just wanted to confirm something- Im going to try to buy the SR from heavy-throttle; now if im correct their engines ship with complete trannys aswell- so i would not need to do the swap seperately- correct? Im pretty sure about this i would just like someone more knowledgale to confirm this for me- this is probably something that applies to fist's situation too. THANKS : )
Old 10-15-2003, 08:43 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by bleeckerx
Oh also i just wanted to confirm something- Im going to try to buy the SR from heavy-throttle; now if im correct their engines ship with complete trannys aswell- so i would not need to do the swap seperately- correct? Im pretty sure about this i would just like someone more knowledgale to confirm this for me- this is probably something that applies to fist's situation too. THANKS : )
here is a screen capture from heavy throttle's website that should answer ur question:
Attached Thumbnails brand new to 240sx...and to japanese cars all together-heavythr.jpg  
Old 10-15-2003, 08:49 AM

yeah i saw that- but seems to me that there are alot of people asking where to get trannys who are doing the swap.... so i was wondering if i was missing something. Looks like it may be the other way around. Thanks
Old 10-15-2003, 08:58 AM

Originally posted by bleeckerx
yeah i saw that- but seems to me that there are alot of people asking where to get trannys who are doing the swap.... so i was wondering if i was missing something. Looks like it may be the other way around. Thanks
seems to me youre more on the rookie side, (could be wrong) I suggest buying the front clip and make things easier on yourself, Im just about finishing my swap as we speak.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:46 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Doba's240
seems to me youre more on the rookie side, (could be wrong) I suggest buying the front clip and make things easier on yourself, Im just about finishing my swap as we speak.

if u look at just about any threads here, u'll see that the general concensus is that the front clip is the way to go. that way, at least u know that pretty much everything is whole and intact...
Old 10-15-2003, 12:52 PM

that pic i posted isnt the 240 i am ge tting...its just a pic i found! i wish it was mine...

mines not that good....yet...

i just drove it again today....

is anyone interested in buying a 1995 240sx from me???

its lowered and has an exhaust..

i figure i might use it for now and sell it for a different one. one with less kilometers on the body...the door panels and ****..something in there is makin a little excess noise...maybe i'm just used to driivng in a 2000 chevy impala.

i definitely love the car tho...i love it because it's rear wheel drive...thats where it belongs...you'll never find a true performance car thats f ront wheel...look at all the exotics...all bmw's....grab a bochure for the is300...it nearly brought me to tears!
Old 10-15-2003, 01:08 PM

What color is it? And how many miles/kilometers are on it? Whats the condition of the interior?
Old 10-15-2003, 04:38 PM

it's a black '95 240sx LE

160 thousand KILOMETERS

engine bay is spotless...i even showed my mechanic....spotless for a stock engined car mind you...its not shiney and chrome...but no oil leaks or anything.

the interior is alright...the seats are all good. i can try to get some pictures

i'm in london ontario canada

BTW i would love to come to some local 240 meets...even tho i have a basically stock car.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:46 PM

the engine is good...i havent had a chance to really check out the interior too much...the suspension is really stiff...it has 16 inch stock wheels...

i know that the engine is good...the drivetrain is in good condition...but there are some rattling i dont like that i wanna fix but i need to get the car first.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:42 PM

hey fist- the car u got sounds like exactly what im lookin for- so if your seriously interested in brokering some kind of car deal lemme know.. xbleecker@hotmail.com

drop me a line- id take good care of you if things worked out $$
Old 10-15-2003, 06:49 PM

let me get some pics of it up...i'll take some video too with the digital camera.

there is a few rust spots here and there...nothing big or anything....but i dont understand how it can be rusting so fast considering its a 95...oh well.

see me...i'm more interested in a brand new body where everything is tight....like i drive and i go over a bump and nothing rattles at all..just like new....i plan to swap the engine anyways.

for those of you that have been helping me...i was given a price of 4,300 CANADIAN for an sr20det...plus shipping which would be 150....is this good or should i contact the people they get it from and try to get it a little cheaper?

Quick Reply: brand new to 240sx...and to japanese cars all together